Chicago likely to top 2015s shootings

akillerwombat
9/18/2016 1:44pm
Ok then. Restrict every state. Make them all illegal. Then your graph will read under the red bar "outside the United States" So logically, the only...
Ok then. Restrict every state. Make them all illegal. Then your graph will read under the red bar "outside the United States"

So logically, the only real thing to do is is ban all weapons world wide. Destroy every last one of them. And burn/crush/flood/destroy all the engineering behind them.

Then wait twelve years and ban show strings and wood carvers for when people start to fashion bows.

Nobody is filling up white vans in Ohio with legally purchased weapons and running to Chicago. Then opening the vans up on the south side of Chicago. It's not happening.
Ok then. Restrict every state. Make them all illegal. Then your graph will read under the red bar "outside the United States"
It would for sure have the red bar reading "Outside the United States" but it the height of the bars would be significantly reduced. Not saying eliminating guns will end gun violence – just saying that statistically speaking having guns illegal would reduce the violence related to guns. Your logic basically applies to anything FYI, make cheeseburgers illegal and the largest graph would read, "cheeseburgers attained from outside the United States"

So logically, the only real thing to do is is ban all weapons world wide. Destroy every last one of them. And burn/crush/flood/destroy all the engineering behind them.
I like guns, I skeet shoot often and I don't think we should ban all weapons. Just based on my experience there is no need to have anything other than a shotgun / hunting rifle at home. That way you have the shotgun for home protection (which is really the best gun for it) and a rifle to go hunting with (if you live in a rural area). Everything else should be checked in at a range for when you want to use it. I know I know, "but how are we going to stand up against the government?". Well, if you think you're going to stop the army that all other armies hire to help them with you're AR or Handgun you're a fool.

Then wait twelve years and ban show strings and wood carvers for when people start to fashion bows.
I'd much rather people go at it with hand made bow's and arrows than AR's or extended clip handguns – logically that just sounds safer. Rate of reload, rate of fire, hard to become and expert at, etc... sounds like the opposite of everything that makes guns so inherently dangerous. That and if the cops had guns, we all know how well bow's and arrows stand up to firepower.

Nobody is filling up white vans in Ohio with legally purchased weapons and running to Chicago. Then opening the vans up on the south side of Chicago. It's not happening.
You'd be surprised. If humans want something they will find a way to get it... but if there is less of it "to get" they will inevitably have less of it.
akillerwombat
9/18/2016 1:57pm
Ok then. Restrict every state. Make them all illegal. Then your graph will read under the red bar "outside the United States" So logically, the only...

I suppose all I am trying to say is that we shouldn't ban guns, but maybe we should make it so that someone like jpc63 (a self adminted unsafe driver) isn't allowed to own a car. He can still drive if he wants but it should be in a car that is kept at a track or range where he is more likely to hurt himself than other people. And we should also talk to neighboring cities / states to give them the heads up that jpc63 is a bad driver and that he shouldn't be allowed to drive or buy a car in their neighborhoods either... that way everyone stays a bit more safe.
jpc63
9/18/2016 2:54pm
The laws are working except for the relaxed pro-gun states surrounding Chicago that are eagerly supplying the Chicago based criminals ([i]hence why they leave Chicago to...
The laws are working except for the relaxed pro-gun states surrounding Chicago that are eagerly supplying the Chicago based criminals (hence why they leave Chicago to buy guns)... it's like trying to pump up a flat as someone sits there poking holes in it.

Not saying we should ban all guns, I'm just saying if you're a habitual traffic offender maybe we should be able to prevent you from owning a car... or maybe you should only be allowed to rent one at the track (or range) where you are less likely to hurt anyone else.
Exactly, I couldn't agree more. The habits of traffic offenders shouldn't dictate what the rest of us can drive & the actions of criminals or irresponsible guns owners should only affect their own ability to own a gun or particular type of gun.
akillerwombat
9/18/2016 3:01pm
jpc63 wrote:
Exactly, I couldn't agree more. The habits of traffic offenders shouldn't dictate what the rest of us can drive & the actions of criminals or irresponsible...
Exactly, I couldn't agree more. The habits of traffic offenders shouldn't dictate what the rest of us can drive & the actions of criminals or irresponsible guns owners should only affect their own ability to own a gun or particular type of gun.
Exactly!

The government should regulate guns like cars, deeming which ones are "street legal" and which one's are not, and punish / prevent those that break the rules from having access to guns!

So stoked you're pro-gun reform, didn't think we were going to get there.

The Shop

akillerwombat
9/18/2016 3:08pm
The laws are working except for the relaxed pro-gun states surrounding Chicago that are eagerly supplying the Chicago based criminals ([i]hence why they leave Chicago to...
The laws are working except for the relaxed pro-gun states surrounding Chicago that are eagerly supplying the Chicago based criminals (hence why they leave Chicago to buy guns)... it's like trying to pump up a flat as someone sits there poking holes in it.

Not saying we should ban all guns, I'm just saying if you're a habitual traffic offender maybe we should be able to prevent you from owning a car... or maybe you should only be allowed to rent one at the track (or range) where you are less likely to hurt anyone else.
jpc63 wrote:
Exactly, I couldn't agree more. The habits of traffic offenders shouldn't dictate what the rest of us can drive & the actions of criminals or irresponsible...
What do you think about mandatory skill / knowledge tests before acquiring a gun?
How about a yearly inspection / regregistration requirement?
jpc63
9/18/2016 3:42pm
What do you think about mandatory skill / knowledge tests before acquiring a gun?
How about a yearly inspection / regregistration requirement?
Sure, whenever we start restricting peaceable excercise of all rights. Maybe we should have to prove we're responsible enough to be trusted with free speech, & look how much harm the unregulated Internet can cause.

Let's register everything, background check to sell an mx bike in case the buyer lives in a place like Baltimore, DC or NY, can't sell a computer at yard sale w/o background check so no hackers or pedophiles will get hold of it, you can't sell or even loan a vehicle to someone, possess disabled or parts vehicles w/o registering & successfull screening.

This doesn't apply to me of course b/c as a prohibited owner, I can't be compelled to acknowledge having what I'm not supposed to have.
Mr. G
9/18/2016 3:45pm
Mr. G wrote:
You ideas are in direct conflict with empirical evidence. This is also why people need to realize that anti-gunners are actually pro-crime. Thanks for helping.
And thank you for your baseless assertions and outright dishonesty. Btw, most people who favor stricter gun laws and bans on certain types of guns, do...
And thank you for your baseless assertions and outright dishonesty.

Btw, most people who favor stricter gun laws and bans on certain types of guns, do not favor an outright ban on all guns, and do in fact agree with the right to own firearms so your claim that we are anti-gun is just as dishonest as your claim that we want more crime.
I am beginning to think You are just pulling our leg. You just have to be smarter than this.
tuggy450
9/18/2016 5:00pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2016 5:01pm
hillbilly wrote:
Where'd the NYC musslum bomb thread go?
it must have been banned by the diblasio administration.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
9/18/2016 6:53pm
Mr. G wrote:
You ideas are in direct conflict with empirical evidence. This is also why people need to realize that anti-gunners are actually pro-crime. Thanks for helping.
And thank you for your baseless assertions and outright dishonesty. Btw, most people who favor stricter gun laws and bans on certain types of guns, do...
And thank you for your baseless assertions and outright dishonesty.

Btw, most people who favor stricter gun laws and bans on certain types of guns, do not favor an outright ban on all guns, and do in fact agree with the right to own firearms so your claim that we are anti-gun is just as dishonest as your claim that we want more crime.
Mr. G wrote:
I am beginning to think You are just pulling our leg. You just have to be smarter than this.
I thought the same thing but now I am convinced he is just not very smart.
tuggy450
9/18/2016 6:53pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2016 6:55pm
Chicago's problem is not gun regulations it is a lack of enforcement for gun related crimes. Get caught with a gun, a slap on the wrist. Politicians are against tougher sentencing for gun related crime, it does not fit the agenda. Tough to get re-elected when you were for giving Jr a 5 year stint in the illinois correctional facility.

From Jan. 1 to Sept. 30, there have been 2,477 people arrested on gun charges, Guglielmi said. Of those, more than 600 had been arrested before on weapons charges.

Here's a breakdown:

• Two arrested had five prior arrests on weapons charges

• Six had four priors

• 28 had three priors

• 132 had two priors

• 460 had one prior

Source: Chicago Police

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20151027/downtown/does-chicago-have-str…
Mr. G
9/18/2016 7:20pm
All true. In front of all that their problem is criminality. Criminals are being raised from birth. If Newman or lostboy had a bazooka and we were neighbors I wouldn't worry. In fact they would if they ever had to use it it would be for good. We shouldn't have to explain things so simple. That's why these anti-gunners I'm convinced want more crime. They just have to be smart enough to understand..

Post a reply to: Chicago likely to top 2015s shootings

The Latest