Change at Harleyville.

KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
3/7/2020 3:12pm
jeffro503 wrote:
My little brother has an 18' Harley 48 , and I can tell you what , it's a fun bike to ride. He's got some VH...
My little brother has an 18' Harley 48 , and I can tell you what , it's a fun bike to ride. He's got some VH exhaust and a few other things on it , but it isn't super loud. He's put quite a few miles on it these past 3 years , no oil leaks that I'm aware of.
There are a lot of people who love those 48’s.
I have never ridden one bit from what I hear they are a real blast to motor around on backroads.
3/8/2020 4:02pm
motogrady wrote:
See, that’s the things a lot of guys just don’t get. Harley Davidson is good, has been good, at long haul big cruisers. For a long...
See, that’s the things a lot of guys just don’t get.
Harley Davidson is good, has been good, at long haul
big cruisers. For a long time. Like any bike they had issues. Triumphs leaked. Gold wings frames rusted out underneath before the went aluminum. There are still guys putting car alternators on them. Beemers,
well I can’t think of anything about the Beemers.
The Beemers make your feet sweat.

When guys will get it into their head it’s a different animal, designed for something other than screaming, I just don’t know.
Wasting your breath on the ignorant keyboard warriors.... Petty little people knock what others enjoy with their ill informed drivel.

Not everyone wants to go fast... some people want to cruise in comfort. Harley makes a great product.
They are an American icon...in an upcoming generation who are no longer proud to be American. The Group-think generation...spoonfed what they're told to think.

Used to be a world where if you insulted someone,you did it to their face....if you had the balls and the ability to back up your mouth that is. You just might end up with a mouthful of your own teeth. The internet makes it real easy to be a "tough guy" without consequences.

The irony in the comment regarding a market for Harleys....is that mx is a dying sport.

BMSOBx2
3/8/2020 7:21pm
motogrady wrote:
See, that’s the things a lot of guys just don’t get. Harley Davidson is good, has been good, at long haul big cruisers. For a long...
See, that’s the things a lot of guys just don’t get.
Harley Davidson is good, has been good, at long haul
big cruisers. For a long time. Like any bike they had issues. Triumphs leaked. Gold wings frames rusted out underneath before the went aluminum. There are still guys putting car alternators on them. Beemers,
well I can’t think of anything about the Beemers.
The Beemers make your feet sweat.

When guys will get it into their head it’s a different animal, designed for something other than screaming, I just don’t know.
Wasting your breath on the ignorant keyboard warriors.... Petty little people knock what others enjoy with their ill informed drivel. Not everyone wants to go fast...
Wasting your breath on the ignorant keyboard warriors.... Petty little people knock what others enjoy with their ill informed drivel.

Not everyone wants to go fast... some people want to cruise in comfort. Harley makes a great product.
They are an American icon...in an upcoming generation who are no longer proud to be American. The Group-think generation...spoonfed what they're told to think.

Used to be a world where if you insulted someone,you did it to their face....if you had the balls and the ability to back up your mouth that is. You just might end up with a mouthful of your own teeth. The internet makes it real easy to be a "tough guy" without consequences.

The irony in the comment regarding a market for Harleys....is that mx is a dying sport.

Says the tough guy that talks about knocking out people's teeth. Dry
G-man
3/8/2020 7:34pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Says the tough guy that talks about knocking out people's teeth. Dry
hahaha Laughing

The Shop

jeffro503
3/8/2020 9:01pm
jeffro503 wrote:
My little brother has an 18' Harley 48 , and I can tell you what , it's a fun bike to ride. He's got some VH...
My little brother has an 18' Harley 48 , and I can tell you what , it's a fun bike to ride. He's got some VH exhaust and a few other things on it , but it isn't super loud. He's put quite a few miles on it these past 3 years , no oil leaks that I'm aware of.
KennyT wrote:
There are a lot of people who love those 48’s. I have never ridden one bit from what I hear they are a real blast to...
There are a lot of people who love those 48’s.
I have never ridden one bit from what I hear they are a real blast to motor around on backroads.
I spent a good 25mins on my brothers , and the roads I hit were exactly what you would dream about riding on. I'm in N. Portland , and right next to me is a HUGE park called " Forrest park and Hwy 30 , which is nothing but country all the way to the coast. Tight and twisty roads up and down that entire mountain side and that Harley 48 was a blast on it! I personally loved that bike , and couldn't believe how light and nimble it was. And the sound? I personally loved that too. I do think some guys go overboard with the god damned exhaust on these things , and it pisses me off too. But my brothers bike wasn't like that at all. And one day , I'll be getting one myself. Too much fun not too.
Ted722
5/21/2020 9:53pm
Informative video (at times mockumentary in style) about Harley's rise and fall including Honda's successful formula in the 60's, foreign motorcycle(over 750cc) tariffs in the 80's, bike design, clothing, offshore production, non-rider marketing, etc.

Just a few of the many clever lines while chronicling the history of Harley below: Grinning

Harley, the icon from 1903: "didn't really iconify until World War II. Harley sent sixty-two thousand motorcycles up Hitler's ass, most of which came home as battered as the troops that rode 'em"

"Veterans could buy their ex-army bikes for cheap, chop off the FUBAR'd stuff, go AWOL on suburban life and take their PTSD on the road."

"If Harley Davidson is the Titanic, the pandemic might just be that one big iceberg. Worse still, it had a hole in the hull and sputtering engines before all this even began. Damn. Is HD done for"

Brad460
Fantasy
736th
5/22/2020 6:00am Edited Date/Time 5/22/2020 6:00am
I was never a big fan of Harley bikes, but as I got older (40’s now) I can really see myself riding one. I love the looks of the Street Glide. As I got older sport bikes became less appealing and Harley’s became more appealing.

Living in southern WI we all have friends and neighbors who work for, or used to work for Harley. They all talk about how great the culture is at the company...

One thing I want to mention- If you ever have the chance to visit the Harley Museum in Milwaukee it really is a great tour and can make anyone a renewed fan of Harley.

KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
5/22/2020 7:38am
I sure haven’t seen any kind of price drops during these hard times. I want a second bike to go along with my big cruiser and the used Harley prices are as high as ever. I have no desire to ride a different street bike other than a Indian. Too old for sport bikes
Ted722
5/22/2020 8:48am
KennyT wrote:
I sure haven’t seen any kind of price drops during these hard times. I want a second bike to go along with my big cruiser and...
I sure haven’t seen any kind of price drops during these hard times. I want a second bike to go along with my big cruiser and the used Harley prices are as high as ever. I have no desire to ride a different street bike other than a Indian. Too old for sport bikes
Speaking of Indian, haven't looked into Dirt Track's racing schedule, but have thoroughly enjoyed the mile up here the last few years. I like those Indian's too.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
5/22/2020 8:50am
You know, as I get older, and comfort becomes more important to me, I realize I'm not as fast as I used to be and lots of my priorities are changing. I'm also really starting to think that THERE IS NO EFFING WAY IN HELL I'LL EVER BUY OR RIDE ONE OF THOSE RIDICULOUS, OVERGROWN COUCHES WITH WHEELS!!!! GrinningGrinningGrinningGrinningGrinning

Seriously, I rode a cruiser recently and I don't know how people can say they are more comfortable. Huh I felt like I was doing situps all day long. Put me on a naked bike or a regular old crotch rocket and I'll be fine. Maybe an Adventure bike when I get too old. Never a cruiser though. I just don't understand them.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
5/22/2020 10:41am
Falcon wrote:
You know, as I get older, and comfort becomes more important to me, I realize I'm not as fast as I used to be and lots...
You know, as I get older, and comfort becomes more important to me, I realize I'm not as fast as I used to be and lots of my priorities are changing. I'm also really starting to think that THERE IS NO EFFING WAY IN HELL I'LL EVER BUY OR RIDE ONE OF THOSE RIDICULOUS, OVERGROWN COUCHES WITH WHEELS!!!! GrinningGrinningGrinningGrinningGrinning

Seriously, I rode a cruiser recently and I don't know how people can say they are more comfortable. Huh I felt like I was doing situps all day long. Put me on a naked bike or a regular old crotch rocket and I'll be fine. Maybe an Adventure bike when I get too old. Never a cruiser though. I just don't understand them.
It must be body type? I’m 60 now and my big road king is comfy as hell. I can go hundreds of miles and come back with no aches/pains.

I have sat on crotch rockets and just can’t see myself riding one at this age. I do have a KTM 1090 and it’s pretty comfy but nothing like the touring bike. You know I think I’m screwed up here in talking about cruisers. My Road King is considered a touring bike....I believe you may be right about cruisers not being the most comfortable bike out there.
just James
5/22/2020 1:36pm
A couple of years back, I was in the market for a large comfortable bike that I could do some light touring on. I have a couple of bum elbows, so cruise control was an absolute necessity, as I have to be able to rest my right arm frequently. Although Harley builds the type of bike that I was going to buy, I never seriously considered them. The number one reason is the fanatical culture of so many Harley riders. The old "if you don't ride a Harley, you ain't spit" attitude. It seems to me that the company itself has encouraged that attitude in its customers. Kind of a "buy a Harley, because IT'S A HARLEY! And you are scum if you even look at any other brand". The second reason that I didn't really ever consider a Harley is that they are overpriced.
I ended up picking up a 2014 Moto Guzzi California Custom that had less than 2,000 miles on it. Bike was just like new, and I got it for $8,000. I suppose that performance wise it's similar to a stock Harley. Comfortable enough for me to do a 2,700 mile trip in 4 days a while back.
I gladly ride with people who have all different styles and brands of bikes.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
5/22/2020 2:35pm
just James wrote:
A couple of years back, I was in the market for a large comfortable bike that I could do some light touring on. I have a...
A couple of years back, I was in the market for a large comfortable bike that I could do some light touring on. I have a couple of bum elbows, so cruise control was an absolute necessity, as I have to be able to rest my right arm frequently. Although Harley builds the type of bike that I was going to buy, I never seriously considered them. The number one reason is the fanatical culture of so many Harley riders. The old "if you don't ride a Harley, you ain't spit" attitude. It seems to me that the company itself has encouraged that attitude in its customers. Kind of a "buy a Harley, because IT'S A HARLEY! And you are scum if you even look at any other brand". The second reason that I didn't really ever consider a Harley is that they are overpriced.
I ended up picking up a 2014 Moto Guzzi California Custom that had less than 2,000 miles on it. Bike was just like new, and I got it for $8,000. I suppose that performance wise it's similar to a stock Harley. Comfortable enough for me to do a 2,700 mile trip in 4 days a while back.
That looks comfy👍
Harley riders come in all shapes and sizes. I don’t have one friend with a Harley and we all ride together. People can be pricks on any make and model. I say but what you like and don’t worry about brands. I buy HD amongst other makes for my highest cruising mainly because I love the looks and the sound. I’ve owned a lot of Triumphs too solely based on the looks. I get and give waves to anyone on two wheels....I’ll cruise down coast highway next to a scooter....I just enjoy seeing anyone out riding
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
5/22/2020 2:36pm
just James wrote:
A couple of years back, I was in the market for a large comfortable bike that I could do some light touring on. I have a...
Btw does the motor get in the way of your knees?
KMC440
5/22/2020 3:24pm
Always wanted to ride a Guzzi. Was on my, new to me, Road King a few weeks back there were two kids coming the other way on mopeds. They both do the low hand wave/swag whatever !! Freaking hilarious!! Of course I waved back!
just James
5/22/2020 4:26pm
just James wrote:
KennyT wrote:
Btw does the motor get in the way of your knees?
No, my knees are a ways behind the cylinders.

Post a reply to: Change at Harleyville.

The Latest