Chalk one up for the good guys, maybe

ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
So this weekend my son and his friend got their gear bags stolen. They were on their way back to the truck (on foot) when they noticed people there. Running as fast as they could they still didn't get there in time. They got in the truck to follow and caught up but the thieves ran into the side of the truck with their car and got away.
The police actually put in the effort to find the thieves. My son called today with news that the police believe they know who it was and were going to pick them up. When I know more I'll fill you in.
TM
|
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
8/2/2016 7:13pm
They hit the truck ?! Progressive covers gear.
Yep. I think that may have been the added motivation for the police, Went from simple theft to
felony hit and run. (I think it's a felony). I haven't got to get good details yet as every time I talk to
him it's a real bad connection so I'm light on details. I don't know how much damage but I would
imagine you could throw assault charges on also.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
8/5/2016 9:30am
Attempted Murder? Assault with a deadly weapon? Attempted Vehicular Manslaughter? There's got to be something that sticks. F thieves. I hope the cops get them.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
8/5/2016 10:41am
Crazy shit, glad your son is ok. Sucks his gear got stolen but that could've been way worse. Hope the police find those shit bags and lock em up for awhile.

The Shop

ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
8/5/2016 11:35am
colintrax wrote:
Crazy shit, glad your son is ok. Sucks his gear got stolen but that could've been way worse. Hope the police find those shit bags and...
Crazy shit, glad your son is ok. Sucks his gear got stolen but that could've been way worse. Hope the police find those shit bags and lock em up for awhile.
Thanks, my sentiments exactly. On one hand you see it happening and you want teach them a lesson
but on the other hand, usually these are folks have nothing to lose and they are willing to take things
really far into the gutter. You risk physical damage to your person and possibly a law suit later. It's a
lose lose dilemma.
TM
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
8/26/2016 12:52pm
Update,
Because of the fires the police were very short handed. All things below a certain importance got shelved.
Things are coming back on line now and...
First person has been arrested and some of the gear has been recovered, and they are still searching
property!!!
So thank you to the police for doing a fine job! WoohooWoohoo
peelout
8/26/2016 1:36pm
fuckin' hate thieves. i beat the living shit out of a kid in highschool, caught him trying to steal my subwoofer and amp out of my truck in the school parking lot.

Post a reply to: Chalk one up for the good guys, maybe

The Latest