Celeb Run-Ins - Round Two (2.0)

Rupert X
12/3/2011 10:29am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:26am
Your run-ins with celebs ? Unload your memory with the weirdness, please ?

Barney Miller ( Hal Linden ?) almost ran me over at LaGuardia airport in NYC...

Toni Tennille (Captain & Tennille - Muskrat, muskrat, muskrat love....la la lalallallll...) almost got run over by her

tall and very butch looking arse in the lobby of the MGM grand in Vegas

Took a flight from Columbus Ohio to Detroit with the members of Cheap Trick. Late 80's, they had just played

the Ohio State Fair - which means they were washed up then...
|
jndmx
12/3/2011 10:37am
I went to school with Ruth Buzzi's neice and she used to give us rides home in elementary school.

Waited on Meryl Streep back in my restaurant days.

Back in my rock band days I hung out and partied with Blackie Lawless, Mick and Tommy from Crue and the guys from Ratt
Got drunk with Lemmy from Motorhead.....who is one short dude by the way.....lol.
Spent a fun filled evening with Lita Ford
Opened up a stadium show for Deep Purple and Uriah Heep and opened many times for Extreme
kongols
12/3/2011 10:41am Edited Date/Time 12/4/2011 9:38am
Sat next to Ben Stiller and had a beer in a little Nantucket bar. Said "Good morning "a couple of times to Jerry Stiller.
Had a lunch with Kathie Lee Gifford (there were bunch of us who worked for her, it was her treat).
Met Joe Perry from Aerosmith.
Met Bill Clinton when he visited Nantucket.
Tommy Hilfiger

ect.ect.ect
vet323
12/3/2011 10:43am
Rupert X wrote:
Your run-ins with celebs ? Unload your memory with the weirdness, please ? Barney Miller ( Hal Linden ?) almost ran me over at LaGuardia airport...
Your run-ins with celebs ? Unload your memory with the weirdness, please ?

Barney Miller ( Hal Linden ?) almost ran me over at LaGuardia airport in NYC...

Toni Tennille (Captain & Tennille - Muskrat, muskrat, muskrat love....la la lalallallll...) almost got run over by her

tall and very butch looking arse in the lobby of the MGM grand in Vegas

Took a flight from Columbus Ohio to Detroit with the members of Cheap Trick. Late 80's, they had just played

the Ohio State Fair - which means they were washed up then...
You take that back about Cheap Trick being washed up!

Have met George Foreman (was never more scared to shake anyone's hand-he's HUGE). I have had several meetings/meals with Kevin Costner (always nice to me).

Moto celebs: RJ, Jeff Ward, Donnie Hansen, Broc Glover, MC, DV12, JS7, Marty Smith, Chicken, Cooper, Kenny Bartram.
jndmx
12/3/2011 10:50am
Winner!!

The Shop

YZKEN250
12/3/2011 4:58pm
The entire cast of A-Team and Dukes of Hazzard. ( Neighbor was stuntman and had partys all the time)
Tony Danza ( remodeled his beach house in Malibu )
Craig T. Nelson ( watched hockey game with him in bar in Hawaii)
Harrison Ford (came into restaurant I worked at in Hawaii)
Sylvester Stallone (hawaii)
Christy Brinkley ( asked me if I wanted whipped cream. Met on beach in Hawaii)
Tommy Lee and Pam Anderson ( Met on beach in Malibu, they were being followed by photo guy)
Chris Chellios Hockey player for Chicago Blackhawks ( remodeled his beach hows in Malibu)
Dave the drummer for Papa Roach ( put the stair railing in his house)
Lots more. Will post later. Gotta go now
motogeezer
12/3/2011 5:28pm
Oh, yeah?

I've had beers with him at D&B's and plan on doing it again soon. Cool
fcr
12/3/2011 5:35pm
I had C. Everett Koop stand next to me once while I was eating dinner.
TerryK
12/3/2011 6:14pm
Consumed waaay to much high end alcohol with Erik Buell one evening in the bar of the hotel where he was staying. Man that guy had some of the funniest stories from back in his F1 bike racing days.

Other than that I've met and talked to many pro hockey players (we have the highest per capita in the country lol) and the usual moto-suspects.
fcr
12/3/2011 6:35pm
Pro Hockey players don't count, everyone new about Shanahan going after Al McKinnis's(sp) wife before he did. All Canuckians know each other. By the way how is my friend Eddy in Calgary ?
Harry_Gray
12/3/2011 6:49pm Edited Date/Time 12/3/2011 6:49pm
Ran into Jonathan Coachmen (Former WWE Announcer) when I was on a C-17 checking their cargo before takeoff; WWE was taking their group to Iraq for a Christmas for the Troops they were doing one year. Really down to earth guy, shook his hand and talked for a sec, nothing like the "heel" personna that you saw on TV/lol.
Sandberm
12/3/2011 7:20pm
I saw Peter Falk driveing down the freeway in his Land Rover the last time I was in southern California(2001)!

He kept swerving to the left.
Scooter McGavin
12/3/2011 10:39pm
Saw Junior Seau in a surf shop in Oceanside this past summer(I am a huge USC fan). Played golf with Clint Howard(Ron's brother).
12/4/2011 12:34am
Iv'e stood right next to Warwick Davis down in the wine section of Tesco's. He was a childhood hero of mine so it was pretty cool to see him there.
slowvet
12/4/2011 6:57am
Only moto stars. Damn my sheltered life to hell.
CR500Rider
12/4/2011 7:31am
I own a sound and lighting company, I've met tons of interesting characters and some I wouldn't piss on. I'll just put a few that pop to mind.

George Lopez - His manager told me he doesn't like it when you look him in the eyes. First thing I did was look him in the eyes. Ever stared a dog down? It went alot like that.
Vanilla Ice - He couldn't roll a doobie that doesn't look like a pregnant python if his life depended on it. He's actually a really nice guy and loves to talk about dirt bikes.
Coolio - Worked with him several times. He's alot nicer than you'd think. He liked to come hang out with me when he wasn't "singing" since I had a good hiding place in monitor world.
Hillary Clinton - Cusses like a sailor and has a grinding voice. The first rally I did with her I positioned the lav mic on her then went back to FOH and cued it up in my headphones. In the time it took me to walk from one to the other, she was already ripping someones ass in the green room.
Bill Clinton - A rock star without an instrument.
Obama - Led around by handlers and didn't appear to know what was going on or where he was but stick a microphone in front of him, instant rock star.
Little Richard - See Obama
Jani Lane (Warrant) - I saw him get the shit knocked out of himself at Town Creek Saloon in Jackson, MS. The locals weren't as impressed with his smartass mouth as he was. There's a video of Warrant where he has a black eye compliments of Jackson, MS. He claimed in interviews the bass player hit him with the headstock. I guess that sounds cooler than getting one punched to the ground.
Jason Becker/Marty Friedman - Who you might ask? Marty went on to play in Megadeth and Jason played with David Lee Roth before ALS got him down. Two of the best guitar players in one room makes a great night.
David Allen Coe - I've actually heard him play one of his "other" songs. It was in the dressing room after the show when everyone but the band and sound crew had left. His tattoo artist is also my tattoo artist.
Tim Duncan - For a multi-millionare, he always looks like he's crying.
Sandra Bullock - Shot a movie in MS, partied at the "Dock" dang near every night and danced with anyone that asked her. She looks awesome with no makeup and can probably out drink you.
Wayne Brady - Weird, just plain ass weird.
Magic Johnson - Biggest hand I've ever shook.
Danny Trejo - This dude looks like he would rip your spine out if you pissed him off.

My favorite was Jerry Reed. Awesome musician, great joke teller and he sat in monitor world chatting with me for a good 30 minutes before he went on stage. We talked about guitars, amps, our favorite movies, etc. My Mom called while we were sitting there chatting and once he figured out it was my Mom on the phone he started grinning and held his hand out for the phone. He chatted with my Mom for a good 5 minutes. They don't make 'em like that anymore.
borg
12/4/2011 7:47am
I took a piss with Pat Paulson.
Bought dessert for Paula Jones and her family at Olive Garden.
fcr
12/4/2011 9:20am
Almost wizzed on Fabios cowboy boots at Anaheim once. He was in the stall next to me, I almost turned and said hi. Decided I was the only one that would think that was funny, so I didn't. At the same race, Sonny Garcia gave me the stare down because I looked at his wife.
Played Golf with Carlos Mencia and his brother, Daryl Gates and his brother and son inlaw, one of the Hulls also once. Sat on a bus bench in 79 with Mickey Rourke in Westwood.
I drank Vodka in Russia with Anatoli Semenov and his brother inlaw, Raphael, one New Years eve. Those guys can pound the alcohol.
KMC440
12/4/2011 9:22am
Sat next to Billy Boat at the old 16th St Speedway during a Midget show.
Shared elevator with Pauly Shore in South Shore Tahoe, worst 45seconds of my life.
Michael Waltrip ran a friends latemodel during a Wed night "Champions" show in NoCal back in the day super nice guy.
Here's a good one, years ago there was a "made for TV" movie shot in Auburn, CA(hometown) my friend was Morgan Fairchilds assistant during filming. We got to meet her .... High Maintenance but very nice.
Rupert X
12/4/2011 10:26am
CR500Rider wrote:
I own a sound and lighting company, I've met tons of interesting characters and some I wouldn't piss on. I'll just put a few that pop...
I own a sound and lighting company, I've met tons of interesting characters and some I wouldn't piss on. I'll just put a few that pop to mind.

George Lopez - His manager told me he doesn't like it when you look him in the eyes. First thing I did was look him in the eyes. Ever stared a dog down? It went alot like that.
Vanilla Ice - He couldn't roll a doobie that doesn't look like a pregnant python if his life depended on it. He's actually a really nice guy and loves to talk about dirt bikes.
Coolio - Worked with him several times. He's alot nicer than you'd think. He liked to come hang out with me when he wasn't "singing" since I had a good hiding place in monitor world.
Hillary Clinton - Cusses like a sailor and has a grinding voice. The first rally I did with her I positioned the lav mic on her then went back to FOH and cued it up in my headphones. In the time it took me to walk from one to the other, she was already ripping someones ass in the green room.
Bill Clinton - A rock star without an instrument.
Obama - Led around by handlers and didn't appear to know what was going on or where he was but stick a microphone in front of him, instant rock star.
Little Richard - See Obama
Jani Lane (Warrant) - I saw him get the shit knocked out of himself at Town Creek Saloon in Jackson, MS. The locals weren't as impressed with his smartass mouth as he was. There's a video of Warrant where he has a black eye compliments of Jackson, MS. He claimed in interviews the bass player hit him with the headstock. I guess that sounds cooler than getting one punched to the ground.
Jason Becker/Marty Friedman - Who you might ask? Marty went on to play in Megadeth and Jason played with David Lee Roth before ALS got him down. Two of the best guitar players in one room makes a great night.
David Allen Coe - I've actually heard him play one of his "other" songs. It was in the dressing room after the show when everyone but the band and sound crew had left. His tattoo artist is also my tattoo artist.
Tim Duncan - For a multi-millionare, he always looks like he's crying.
Sandra Bullock - Shot a movie in MS, partied at the "Dock" dang near every night and danced with anyone that asked her. She looks awesome with no makeup and can probably out drink you.
Wayne Brady - Weird, just plain ass weird.
Magic Johnson - Biggest hand I've ever shook.
Danny Trejo - This dude looks like he would rip your spine out if you pissed him off.

My favorite was Jerry Reed. Awesome musician, great joke teller and he sat in monitor world chatting with me for a good 30 minutes before he went on stage. We talked about guitars, amps, our favorite movies, etc. My Mom called while we were sitting there chatting and once he figured out it was my Mom on the phone he started grinning and held his hand out for the phone. He chatted with my Mom for a good 5 minutes. They don't make 'em like that anymore.
TOP Shelf shtuff, cheers.
jamma10
12/4/2011 11:10am
Had a beer with Thom Yorke from Radiohead (odd chap).

Sat next to Jenson Button at a wedding.

Served Bono in a shop I was working at in Val d'Isere (French ski resort).

Recently shared a flight with a couple of British MX riders (both ex GP riders) and chatted to them a bit wandering through customs. I find it funny that riders like these - one of whom came very close to winning a world title a few years back - simply pass unnoticed among the general public. I kept looking at the other passengers and thinking 'If only they knew...!'
YZKEN250
12/4/2011 11:26am
I lived in Kauai Hawaii for 2 years and met tons of celebs. Stalone was the biggest asshole and Craig T Nelson was probably the nicest. Bruce Willis was probably the funniest. The Pro-Bowl is every year in Honolulu and alot of football players and x players would come over to Kauai. You wouldnt believe the amount of top name players that did cocaine. I know, cuz I got it for them. Not proud of it but I partyed hard back then.
PD441
12/4/2011 2:14pm
Buncha name-droppers up in here. Tongue

I did several t-shirt designs for Dale Earnhardt on the early '90s. Met him at Charlotte in 1990 and again in Phoenix the same year. I walked by him sitting on the pit wall before the race and said "Good luck, Dale." He replied back "Thank you, Paul." I about fell over since he remembered my name. He was surprisingly shy. Also got to meet Richard Childress and Alan Kulwicki on that trip to Charlotte.

Got to hang out with Kenny Bernstein during a testing day at Firebird in about '92. Did a few designs for him, too.

Got to be pretty good friends with Ron Hornaday and his family just before he broke onto the NASCAR truck scene. Great people.

Others I've drawn for: Rusty Wallace, Brett Bodine, Michael Waltrip, Robby Moroso, Al Unser, Jr., Davey Allison.

Crossed paths with actor Michael Rooker a few years ago while waiting to be seated at Cracker Barrel here in Tucson. Nice guy.

Said "What's up, Alice?" to Alice Cooper at a D-Backs game a few years ago.

Had beers with Brad Lackey on a couple of occassions. Cool

Last year before A1, got to tour the FMF plant. Sat and BSed with Lil' D and Danny LaPorte for an hour or so. Very cool dudes.

I'm sure there's lots more but those are the ones that stand out at the moment. What's cool is most of these people are just regular people.
slowvet
12/4/2011 5:04pm
fcr wrote:
Almost wizzed on Fabios cowboy boots at Anaheim once. He was in the stall next to me, I almost turned and said hi. Decided I was...
Almost wizzed on Fabios cowboy boots at Anaheim once. He was in the stall next to me, I almost turned and said hi. Decided I was the only one that would think that was funny, so I didn't. At the same race, Sonny Garcia gave me the stare down because I looked at his wife.
Played Golf with Carlos Mencia and his brother, Daryl Gates and his brother and son inlaw, one of the Hulls also once. Sat on a bus bench in 79 with Mickey Rourke in Westwood.
I drank Vodka in Russia with Anatoli Semenov and his brother inlaw, Raphael, one New Years eve. Those guys can pound the alcohol.
Da Hui brah, don't mess with them. Kidding Pete!
12/4/2011 6:29pm
PD441 wrote:
Buncha name-droppers up in here. :P I did several t-shirt designs for Dale Earnhardt on the early '90s. Met him at Charlotte in 1990 and again...
Buncha name-droppers up in here. Tongue

I did several t-shirt designs for Dale Earnhardt on the early '90s. Met him at Charlotte in 1990 and again in Phoenix the same year. I walked by him sitting on the pit wall before the race and said "Good luck, Dale." He replied back "Thank you, Paul." I about fell over since he remembered my name. He was surprisingly shy. Also got to meet Richard Childress and Alan Kulwicki on that trip to Charlotte.

Got to hang out with Kenny Bernstein during a testing day at Firebird in about '92. Did a few designs for him, too.

Got to be pretty good friends with Ron Hornaday and his family just before he broke onto the NASCAR truck scene. Great people.

Others I've drawn for: Rusty Wallace, Brett Bodine, Michael Waltrip, Robby Moroso, Al Unser, Jr., Davey Allison.

Crossed paths with actor Michael Rooker a few years ago while waiting to be seated at Cracker Barrel here in Tucson. Nice guy.

Said "What's up, Alice?" to Alice Cooper at a D-Backs game a few years ago.

Had beers with Brad Lackey on a couple of occassions. Cool

Last year before A1, got to tour the FMF plant. Sat and BSed with Lil' D and Danny LaPorte for an hour or so. Very cool dudes.

I'm sure there's lots more but those are the ones that stand out at the moment. What's cool is most of these people are just regular people.
That Dale Earnhardt story is cool as hell!
fcr
12/4/2011 9:06pm
fcr wrote:
Almost wizzed on Fabios cowboy boots at Anaheim once. He was in the stall next to me, I almost turned and said hi. Decided I was...
slowvet wrote:
I know Chandler don't worry.
yzthumpa
12/5/2011 10:12am Edited Date/Time 12/5/2011 10:15am
Really limited here. Saw Dr. J in the clubhouse before a round of golf at a local country club. Met Phil Anselmo when he was around 16 and singing in Razor White (one of my best friends played guitar in the band), a few years before he left the band for Pantera. Sadly, I think he was already an alcoholic at that age. Also sat behind Ben Spies at the Houston SX right when he was starting to take over AMA roadracing. Don't know why he didn't have some kind of VIP seats from Suzuki. I didn't know who he was yet, but my brother recognized him instantly.
CR500Rider
12/5/2011 10:15am
yzthumpa wrote:
Really limited here. Saw Dr. J in the clubhouse before a round of golf at a local country club. Met Phil Anselmo when he was around...
Really limited here. Saw Dr. J in the clubhouse before a round of golf at a local country club. Met Phil Anselmo when he was around 16 and singing in Razor White (one of my best friends played guitar in the band), a few years before he left the band for Pantera. Sadly, I think he was already an alcoholic at that age. Also sat behind Ben Spies at the Houston SX right when he was starting to take over AMA roadracing. Don't know why he didn't have some kind of VIP seats from Suzuki. I didn't know who he was yet, but my brother recognized him instantly.
Matt or Jimmy? I played alot of shows with those guys. Didn't Matt ride?
vet323
12/5/2011 10:41am
fcr wrote:
slowvet wrote:
fcr wrote:
I know Chandler don't worry.
Holy shit! A North Shore reference! That reminds me, met and rode w/Gerry Lopez also (he rode w/RJ @ the Mauna Kea 200 in '91). Pretty good dirtbike skills.
yzthumpa
12/5/2011 12:54pm Edited Date/Time 12/5/2011 12:57pm
CR500Rider, actually they were in the second version of Razor White. In the original band, Allen Bankson was the guitarist. He later played in Victorian Blitz with Kirk Windstein (who was later in Crowbar with Matt and then Down with Phil). Allen's most successful band was Dark August, who eventually got a song on a compilation album on the Perris label. I knew Matt back from his early days in Deus Vult, and both him amd drummer Psycho Steve from Vult ended up in the later version of Razor White. I went to U.N.O. with Matt, then it turned out one of my good friends in dental school was good friends with Matt from back in high school. I think Matt did ride back in the day.

Post a reply to: Celeb Run-Ins - Round Two (2.0)

The Latest