Cassini's Voyage Ends

Related:
Create New Tag

9/15/2017 1:40 PM

Not sure how many are interested in NASA related matters, but I just stumbled on this today. Some incredible images in the article listed below of the Cassini's mission around Saturn.

Cassini Images

"Cassini took its final set of images on Thursday. The sequence included a brief glimpse of the moon Enceladus as it slipped behind Saturn."
Photo

"Prometheus carves a new ripple in the F ring."
Photo

|

Might order a pizza, take a nap, doesn't really matter.

9/15/2017 1:58 PM

I was reading about that today , which then led me to start reading about some of saturns moons which are also really interesting.

|

9/15/2017 2:11 PM

The pictures on that website are nothing short of frickin' incredible. Damn !

|

"We don't rent pigs."

9/15/2017 2:22 PM

And that video at the end also rocks.

There be some smart mofos at NASA !

|

"We don't rent pigs."

9/15/2017 2:31 PM

Thank you for the link, beyond fascinating to me.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

9/15/2017 3:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2017 3:56 PM

There was a really good Nova program on Cassini the other night. Catch the repeat if you did not see it. It was amazing to learn about that ice moon spouting ice plumes with the ocean under the ice.

You can watch the program online here,

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

9/15/2017 4:31 PM

$3.2 billion well spent. NASA needs to be funded.

|

9/15/2017 6:27 PM

Amazing stuff!

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

9/15/2017 6:55 PM

that was awesome, thx for sharing. cool

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

9/15/2017 9:26 PM

It's crazy to think we were able to get that much quality from mid 90s equipment. Couldn't imagine what type of data/photos we would get with modern tech.

|

Might order a pizza, take a nap, doesn't really matter.

9/16/2017 9:15 AM

I'd be cryin like a two year old if that was my bird. 25 or so years of your life dedicated to the project, no way would I handle the end well. I bet the party last night ran out of booze.

Amazing journey of millions of miles for a little hunk of man made genious.

|

9/17/2017 2:15 PM

The company I work at apparently had the last operational equipment on Cassini. We have another satellite orbiting jupiter that is sending some really cool images.
https://www.missionjuno.swri.edu/junocam/processing
I work in the automotive division so I don't know a whole lot about it.

|

9/17/2017 5:53 PM

Can someone fill me in on why the voyage had come to an end?

|

9/17/2017 6:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/17/2017 6:01 PM

^^^^^Intentional Saturn atomospheric burn. Was nearing the end of its controllable life.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!