Cant trust Amazon

colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
Edited Date/Time 8/6/2019 1:08pm

Oh and the filament came in a torn bag with some nasty kinks in the beginning.
|
APLMAN99
8/4/2019 10:34am
That is the problem with buying from someone other than Amazon on their site. There are just too many items for Amazon to check out every single claim......
borg
8/4/2019 12:04pm
My buddy does printing and I guess the filament market is loaded with fraud. He buys on Ebay which anymore is not much different that Amazon.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
8/4/2019 12:12pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
That is the problem with buying from someone other than Amazon on their site. There are just too many items for Amazon to check out every...
That is the problem with buying from someone other than Amazon on their site. There are just too many items for Amazon to check out every single claim......
The shitty thing is I'm pretty sure I bought it from the manufactors official amazon account. But its whatever, I found out it's a Chinese company so I wont buy their filament again. A shame because I liked the first roll I got from them. This 2nd spool has been shit though.

Borg the entire 3d printing market is filled with knock off shit. Last week I bought a heat break that was listed as what I needed. Except it was the wrong diameter. Like 2mm too big. And it had a teflon liner, my old heat break does not.
Its rough though. Seems everything is made in europe or china. The chinese stuff is almost always garbage. But the European stuff means paying for international shipping and waiting 2 weeks. Or buying on ebay/amazon and just keep your fingers crossed you're getting what you intended to buy.
8/4/2019 12:52pm
My wife just bought some make up off Amazon and she said she could tell it was a fraud.

Stand by for the Amazon stock price drop when this becomes a story.

The Shop

borg
8/4/2019 1:52pm
My wife just bought some make up off Amazon and she said she could tell it was a fraud. Stand by for the Amazon stock price...
My wife just bought some make up off Amazon and she said she could tell it was a fraud.

Stand by for the Amazon stock price drop when this becomes a story.
Ha!
I had friend who was bummed because he just dropped his wife off at a 99 cent store. I said what's the big deal and he shouts, I've never seen anybody other than her that can spend $350 at a 99 cent store.

Amazon used to have better pricing but now that they have everyone hooked on convenience the prices will be going up.
JM485
8/4/2019 4:13pm
Dude just buy from a reputable brand and be done with it. You can buy parts and supplies from Matterhackers and know exactly what you’re getting, however I only buy parts from them since their filament sucks. Get some E Sun filament off amazon and have no worries, the stuff is prevelant and very consistent, plus they have a huge range of available plastics and colors. If you don’t want to mess with amazon anymore it’s also available at Fry’s Electronics.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
8/5/2019 8:19am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2019 8:20am
JM485 wrote:
Dude just buy from a reputable brand and be done with it. You can buy parts and supplies from Matterhackers and know exactly what you’re getting...
Dude just buy from a reputable brand and be done with it. You can buy parts and supplies from Matterhackers and know exactly what you’re getting, however I only buy parts from them since their filament sucks. Get some E Sun filament off amazon and have no worries, the stuff is prevelant and very consistent, plus they have a huge range of available plastics and colors. If you don’t want to mess with amazon anymore it’s also available at Fry’s Electronics.
Ya know, I've bought from matterhackers but I never remember them Huh
I went with this filament because I really liked the other silk PLA I got from them and the girl I'm making some stuff for wanted a shiny gold. I'm still experimenting with different brands, I'm just pissed they did the bold "made in usa" when really its American corn sent to china to be processed into the final product and shipped back here.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
8/5/2019 8:41am
I'm really surprised Amazon hasn't come under fire for how often there are bullshit descriptions on products.
peelout
8/6/2019 1:07pm
i remember hearing, and i'm paraphrasing, that only a certain amount of the product or packaging needs to be actually made in the USA to be able to put the "Made 100% in USA" claim.

in other words, the product could be made in China but a majority of the packaging is made in the US so they can advertise it as made in the US.

i could be completely off on this, but i remember reading/hearing about it sometime ago

Post a reply to: Cant trust Amazon

The Latest