COVID thread

8/5/2020 8:17am
Robgvx wrote:
Wow, that was a long read. Cliff notes: Hydroxychloroquine cures 99% of Covid-19 cases. (But 99% of people survive Covid-19 if not treated with anything) Is...
Wow, that was a long read.

Cliff notes: Hydroxychloroquine cures 99% of Covid-19 cases.

(But 99% of people survive Covid-19 if not treated with anything)

Is that about it?
7I3N wrote:
"But 99% of people survive Covid-19 if not treated with anything"

Then why is the world locked down?
Groan.

So hospitals aren't overwhelmed and lots of people don't die of other shit too.

What planet are you from?
8/5/2020 8:41am
7I3N wrote:

Because preventing the deaths of 70,000,000 people is a good thing.
JeremyK
8/5/2020 8:55am
JeremyK wrote:
So apparently is really effective the earlier you start taking it and extremely effective if you're taking it before you even come in contact with covid...
So apparently is really effective the earlier you start taking it and extremely effective if you're taking it before you even come in contact with covid .
Robgvx wrote:
My buddy has been drinking beer regularly since the virus came on the scene. He’s not caught Covid at all. And he’s not dead either. Not...
My buddy has been drinking beer regularly since the virus came on the scene. He’s not caught Covid at all. And he’s not dead either. Not even a little bit.

Theres the problem in making claims without going through the proper studies and trials.
Sounds like your buddy could use an AA meeting or two.
Chance1216
8/5/2020 9:13am
Robgvx wrote:
Wow, that was a long read. Cliff notes: Hydroxychloroquine cures 99% of Covid-19 cases. (But 99% of people survive Covid-19 if not treated with anything) Is...

Is that about it?
7I3N wrote:

To protect the others duh.
You know, elderly, high risk?
A lot of people don't give a shit till that 1% ends up being a family member or someone close to them.

The Shop

7I3N
8/5/2020 9:21am
Robgvx wrote:

Is that about it?
7I3N wrote:

Chance1216 wrote:
To protect the others duh. You know, elderly, high risk? A lot of people don't give a shit till that 1% ends up being a family...
A lot of people don't give a shit till that 1% ends up being a family member or someone close to them.
If you’re so concerned about people dying I would think you’d be more upset about the medical mafia killing people by suppressing the use of a life-saving treatment so they can sell you a vaccine.
early
Fantasy
2139th
8/5/2020 9:40am
7I3N wrote:
[url=https://healthimpactnews.com/2020/dr-meryl-nass-discovers-hydroxychloroquine-experiments-were-designed-to-kill-covid-patients-how-many-were-murdered/]Hydroxychloroquine Experiments Were Designed to Kill COVID Patients – How Many Were Murdered?[/url] To sum up: 1. HCQ is being given in non-therapeutic, toxic dose 2...
Hydroxychloroquine Experiments Were Designed to Kill COVID Patients – How Many Were Murdered?

To sum up:
1. HCQ is being given in non-therapeutic, toxic dose
2. HCQ is being given too late in the disease course to determine its value against SARS-CoV-2.
3. Limited safety data in the Solidarity trials serves to protect trial investigators and sponsors from disclosure of adverse drug effects, including death
4. I suspect WHO has been deliberately misleading regarding the doses chosen.
5. The conclusions to be drawn are frightening:
a) WHO and other national health agencies, and charities, have designed huge clinical trials to assure that hydroxychloroquine will fail to show benefit, presumably to advantage its much more expensive competitor(s) and vaccines in development.
b) In so doing, these agencies and charities have conspired to increase the number of deaths in these trials.
c) In so doing, they have conspired to deprive billions of people from potentially benefiting from a safe and inexpensive drug during a major pandemic. This could lead to prolongation of the pandemic and many increased cases and deaths.
I also get all my medical information from healthimpactnews.com a subsidiary of Sophia Media LLC who's address is in this strip mall in Texas next to a Chinese buffet. Sophia Media was incorporated by Brian Shilhavy and has multiple websites espousing the benefits of coconut oil which Brian's other website healthytraditions.com lists as their best sellers. Oh also Brian's education background is in religion and linguistics.

8/5/2020 10:08am
JeremyK wrote:
So apparently is really effective the earlier you start taking it and extremely effective if you're taking it before you even come in contact with covid...
So apparently is really effective the earlier you start taking it and extremely effective if you're taking it before you even come in contact with covid .
Robgvx wrote:
My buddy has been drinking beer regularly since the virus came on the scene. He’s not caught Covid at all. And he’s not dead either. Not...
My buddy has been drinking beer regularly since the virus came on the scene. He’s not caught Covid at all. And he’s not dead either. Not even a little bit.

Theres the problem in making claims without going through the proper studies and trials.
APLMAN99 wrote:
Your buddy and I share the same prescription...…..
brilliant take, guys.
APLMAN99
8/5/2020 10:13am
Robgvx wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:
brilliant take, guys.
To be fair, I’m also ‘hedging’ on the anti-malarials by drinking a couple gin and tonics every now and then to preload with quinine.......
Chance1216
8/5/2020 10:17am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2020 10:20am
7I3N wrote:

Chance1216 wrote:
To protect the others duh. You know, elderly, high risk? A lot of people don't give a shit till that 1% ends up being a family...
7I3N wrote:
If you’re so concerned about people dying I would think you’d be more upset about the medical mafia killing people by suppressing the use of a...
If you’re so concerned about people dying I would think you’d be more upset about the medical mafia killing people by suppressing the use of a life-saving treatment so they can sell you a vaccine.
@ 713N.
Or, maybe we could do the things that are within our power to control. Wear a mask. Limit contact with people outside our household. I am concerned about people getting it. My daughter had it. A friend of mine and fellow Vital member had to deal with it in his household. Worry about the things you can do on your part. And what does being mad do? Nothing.
early
Fantasy
2139th
8/5/2020 10:46am
7I3N wrote:
[url=https://healthimpactnews.com/2020/dr-meryl-nass-discovers-hydroxychloroquine-experiments-were-designed-to-kill-covid-patients-how-many-were-murdered/]Hydroxychloroquine Experiments Were Designed to Kill COVID Patients – How Many Were Murdered?[/url] To sum up: 1. HCQ is being given in non-therapeutic, toxic dose 2...
Hydroxychloroquine Experiments Were Designed to Kill COVID Patients – How Many Were Murdered?

To sum up:
2. HCQ is being given too late in the disease course to determine its value against SARS-CoV-2.
3. Limited safety data in the Solidarity trials serves to protect trial investigators and sponsors from disclosure of adverse drug effects, including death
a) WHO and other national health agencies, and charities, have designed huge clinical trials to assure that hydroxychloroquine will fail to show benefit, presumably to advantage its much more expensive competitor(s) and vaccines in development.
b) In so doing, these agencies and charities have conspired to increase the number of deaths in these trials.
c) In so doing, they have conspired to deprive billions of people from potentially benefiting from a safe and inexpensive drug during a major pandemic. This could lead to prolongation of the pandemic and many increased cases and deaths.
8/5/2020 10:50am
I heard you can get little bottles of hydroxychloroquine in the mini bars at Mar Lago. Can anyone confirm?
7I3N
8/5/2020 11:08am
7I3N wrote:

To sum up:
early wrote:
I also get all my medical information from healthimpactnews.com a subsidiary of Sophia Media LLC who's address is in this strip mall in Texas next to...
I also get all my medical information from healthimpactnews.com a subsidiary of Sophia Media LLC who's address is in this strip mall in Texas next to a Chinese buffet. Sophia Media was incorporated by Brian Shilhavy and has multiple websites espousing the benefits of coconut oil which Brian's other website healthytraditions.com lists as their best sellers. Oh also Brian's education background is in religion and linguistics.

If you’re going to try and discredit a story with the Appeal to Authority fallacy, you at least have to get the author right. That site just re-posted the story from this site. And even if you had it right, I would much rather buy coconut oil from a guy with a masters in linguistics than an experimental vaccine from a retired computer software salesman.
Chance1216
8/5/2020 11:09am
I heard you can get little bottles of hydroxychloroquine in the mini bars at Mar Lago. Can anyone confirm?
Pond shops and aquarium stores sell it to.
JeremyK
8/5/2020 11:18am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2020 11:19am
APLMAN99 wrote:
brilliant take, guys.
APLMAN99 wrote:
To be fair, I’m also ‘hedging’ on the anti-malarials by drinking a couple gin and tonics every now and then to preload with quinine.......
It's the right thing to do. The oldest person i l know tells everyone her secret is Gin.
Robgvx
8/5/2020 11:34am
brilliant take, guys.
APLMAN99 wrote:
JeremyK wrote:
It's the right thing to do. The oldest person i l know tells everyone her secret is Gin.
My mother-in-law had her 80th birthday party earlier this year (before lockdown). The manageress at the venue asked her if her secret was clean living. The whole room pissed themselves laughing. All she’s ever done is drink and smoke her whole life.

It was funny as hell.
CM_84
8/5/2020 1:33pm
7I3N wrote:

Chance1216 wrote:
7I3N wrote:
If you’re so concerned about people dying I would think you’d be more upset about the medical mafia killing people by suppressing the use of a...
I have a simple question for you, there have been numerous studies showing the drug has no effect on people’s health outcomes.

Is it not possible that statement is true. Why are you so certain it is a cure?
CM_84
8/5/2020 1:45pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2020 1:55pm
7I3N wrote:

To sum up:
Lol
Did you read some of the material on that site?
It is 100% anti vax, anti medical industry crackpot bullshit.
Stuff telling people to be careful taking their kids to hospital because if you disagree with the doctors you will have your children kidnapped.
Cancer can be cured with fucking coconut oil bullshit.

This is what you believe over actual peer reviewed articles published by actual scientists 🙄

Come on
And your call us sheep, look at the garbage you are blindly following
early
Fantasy
2139th
8/5/2020 2:01pm
7I3N wrote:
If you’re going to try and discredit a story with the Appeal to Authority fallacy, you at least have to get the author right. That site...
If you’re going to try and discredit a story with the Appeal to Authority fallacy, you at least have to get the author right. That site just re-posted the story from this site. And even if you had it right, I would much rather buy coconut oil from a guy with a masters in linguistics than an experimental vaccine from a retired computer software salesman.
Ok, seriously though, what do you think the ulterior motive of a vaccine is? Personally I have reservations about how fast they are trying to develop it but I don't think there is anything being added to vaccines for nefarious reasons.
CM_84
8/5/2020 2:38pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2020 2:39pm
I think I am going to start a website aimed at the ever-present moto conspiracy theorist community.

I think I will claim that you can increase performance of your motorcycle to well beyond factory levels (42.68% faster) by:

-half filling your tires with sand. this increases traction by having the tire contact earth all the way around the rotation
of the wheel. obviously that dramatically increases traction

-Replace your exhaust with empty sausage casing. think about it, sausages get their protein from the sausage casing (despite what scientists have you believe)...protein is power, so the sausage casing will give the bike a dramatic increase in power via the power of protein. 95% of bikes with sausage casing exhausts get the holeshot.

-Stuff your forks with seaweed, have you ever seen how smooth seaweed moves under water? by using seaweed in your forks, you are unlocking the natural dampening effects of the ocean

-Don't wear expensive helmets, it is much safer to wear a carved out pumpkin. think about it, a pumpkin is an organic structure, it is much better at absorbing impacts. if you think the orange clashes with your bike, try a watermelon skin.

Anyone who disagrees is just a puppet of Mitch Payton, Geoff Fox and there (bad grammer is important on such website) cronies at "big exhaust" and "big aftermarket".
CM_84
8/5/2020 2:47pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2020 4:19pm
7I3N wrote:

To sum up:
early wrote:
I also get all my medical information from healthimpactnews.com a subsidiary of Sophia Media LLC who's address is in this strip mall in Texas next to...

7I3N wrote:
If you’re going to try and discredit a story with the Appeal to Authority fallacy, you at least have to get the author right. That site...
You do know Bill Gates isn't in a lab whipping up concoctions like an evil genius from a D grade spy movie yeah? He is one of the richest men in the world helping fund research organisations.....its a bit different mate.

So yes, i would rather trust a team of scientists partly funded by one of the richest men in the world with my health than a website written by a guy with an irrelevant education that tells me putting coconut oil up my arse will cure cancer.
7I3N
8/5/2020 4:35pm
CM_84 wrote:
Lol Did you read some of the material on that site? It is 100% anti vax, anti medical industry crackpot bullshit. Stuff telling people to be...
Lol
Stuff telling people to be careful taking their kids to hospital because if you disagree with the doctors you will have your children kidnapped.

This is what you believe over actual peer reviewed articles published by actual scientists 🙄

Come on
I had never been to that site before. I was searching for something else and that story popped up. The article was consistent with all of the real science regarding HCQ, so I shared it.

You have to stop falling into the appeal to authority fallacy. If a world famous mathematician says 2+2=5, and some crazy homeless dude talking to himself on the street says 2+2=4, it doesn’t make the mathematician right. The truth is always the truth. Credibility is important, but in order for you to know who is lying, you need to be able to do the math yourself.

If you study the science behind the HCQ + Zinc protocol it makes sense. Everyone using and promoting it are saying the same thing; that the protocol needs to be started withing 5 days of the onset of symptoms. Once a patient is already in the hospital, HCQ + Zinc will still help, but at that point it is not longer “a cure.” Yet every study on HCQ has been done on hospitalized patients. And most have been intentionally flawed, using a lethal dose of as much as 10 times the normal dose, others lacking Zinc and others have been outright fraud and been retracted.

If you guys would learn to read and scrutinize these studies as closely as you do web sites for clues that something’s fishy that would be a much better use of your time and energy.
haydos25
Fantasy
3302nd
8/5/2020 4:53pm
7I3N wrote:
I had never been to that site before. I was searching for something else and that story popped up. The article was consistent with all of...
I had never been to that site before. I was searching for something else and that story popped up. The article was consistent with all of the real science regarding HCQ, so I shared it.

You have to stop falling into the appeal to authority fallacy. If a world famous mathematician says 2+2=5, and some crazy homeless dude talking to himself on the street says 2+2=4, it doesn’t make the mathematician right. The truth is always the truth. Credibility is important, but in order for you to know who is lying, you need to be able to do the math yourself.

If you study the science behind the HCQ + Zinc protocol it makes sense. Everyone using and promoting it are saying the same thing; that the protocol needs to be started withing 5 days of the onset of symptoms. Once a patient is already in the hospital, HCQ + Zinc will still help, but at that point it is not longer “a cure.” Yet every study on HCQ has been done on hospitalized patients. And most have been intentionally flawed, using a lethal dose of as much as 10 times the normal dose, others lacking Zinc and others have been outright fraud and been retracted.

If you guys would learn to read and scrutinize these studies as closely as you do web sites for clues that something’s fishy that would be a much better use of your time and energy.
Confirmation bias going on from both sides here. If i have an inkling that something, anything cures covid, i bet i can google or facebook or youtube search and find an article or video which confirms those thoughts.

The real issue is people who think they can "do their own research" and find the answer. I don't have access or the understanding of the science involved, it is not possible for me to do my own research. So when it comes to this i'm going to bow to the Oxford university immunologist that was quoted in this topic.

CM_84
8/5/2020 4:58pm
CM_84 wrote:
Lol Did you read some of the material on that site? It is 100% anti vax, anti medical industry crackpot bullshit. Stuff telling people to be...
Lol

Come on
7I3N wrote:
I had never been to that site before. I was searching for something else and that story popped up. The article was consistent with all of...

The maths example is a good one, but given we are not talking about something as simple as 2+2,

We are talking about something that has been studied by hundreds of researchers across multiple accomplished scientific organisations vs some conspiracy theorists.
So it's more like if a group of world famous mathematicians and astrophysicists calculated the approximate mass of a blackhole and exposed their hundreds of pages of calculations to their peers, and then a handful of people with no training beyond high school math said its all totally wrong, black holes have zero mass and density.

Who should be believed? unless I have at least 50% of knowledge of the astrophysicists, I am not going to say they are wrong
7I3N
8/5/2020 6:50pm
CM_84 wrote:
The maths example is a good one, but given we are not talking about something as simple as 2+2, We are talking about something that has...
The maths example is a good one, but given we are not talking about something as simple as 2+2,

We are talking about something that has been studied by hundreds of researchers across multiple accomplished scientific organisations vs some conspiracy theorists.
So it's more like if a group of world famous mathematicians and astrophysicists calculated the approximate mass of a blackhole and exposed their hundreds of pages of calculations to their peers, and then a handful of people with no training beyond high school math said its all totally wrong, black holes have zero mass and density.

Who should be believed? unless I have at least 50% of knowledge of the astrophysicists, I am not going to say they are wrong
Well played mate, but a bit of an overreach.

This isn’t as one-sided as you make it out to be. There are plenty of scientists and doctors supporting HCQ. You just aren’t hearing their views because they’re being censored, marginalized or vilified.

And you don’t have to know half as much as an astrophysicist. You just need to know enough to recognize when you’re being lied to. And don’t forget...

haydos25
Fantasy
3302nd
8/5/2020 6:59pm
7I3N wrote:
Well played mate, but a bit of an overreach. This isn’t as one-sided as you make it out to be. There are plenty of scientists and...

This isn’t as one-sided as you make it out to be. There are plenty of scientists and doctors supporting HCQ. You just aren’t hearing their views because they’re being censored, marginalized or vilified.

And you don’t have to know half as much as an astrophysicist. You just need to know enough to recognize when you’re being lied to. And don’t forget...

So the scientists you choose to believe aren't lying or bought, but the ones mainstream TV must be? Based on what?

It seems like you really want there to be an ulterior motive in this and an easy solution to the problem that everyone is just ignoring. Just because they cant find that simple solution doesn't mean they're ignoring it. It could just mean its not there.
CM_84
8/5/2020 7:23pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2020 7:26pm
7I3N wrote:
Well played mate, but a bit of an overreach. This isn’t as one-sided as you make it out to be. There are plenty of scientists and...

haydos25 wrote:
So the scientists you choose to believe aren't lying or bought, but the ones mainstream TV must be? Based on what? It seems like you really...
So the scientists you choose to believe aren't lying or bought, but the ones mainstream TV must be? Based on what?

It seems like you really want there to be an ulterior motive in this and an easy solution to the problem that everyone is just ignoring. Just because they cant find that simple solution doesn't mean they're ignoring it. It could just mean its not there.
The last question i will ask you 713.
Is it possible that the drug doesnt help Covid patients? Is it possible that the studies showing it doesn't work may be correct?

For the record, I really wish the drug was the nail in the coffin for this shitty virus, I just believe the scientists saying that it is not.
Chance1216
8/5/2020 7:25pm
7I3N wrote:

haydos25 wrote:
So the scientists you choose to believe aren't lying or bought, but the ones mainstream TV must be? Based on what? It seems like you really...

CM_84 wrote:
The last question i will ask you 713. Is it possible that the drug doesnt help Covid patients? Is it possible that the studies showing it...
Is it possible that the drug doesnt help Covid patients? Is it possible that the studies showing it doesn't work may be correct?

For the record, I really wish the drug was the nail in the coffin for this shitty virus, I just believe the scientists saying that it is not.
You remember Drop-Bear right? 😉
early
Fantasy
2139th
8/5/2020 7:47pm
7I3N wrote:

That article never said it was reprinted from another source so I put the magnifying glass to the website which was definitely suspect. That article doesnt prove the hydroxchloroquine is useful in treating covid19. I have never seen a study that convinced me that hydroxchloroquine is effective in fighting covid19. If there is one put a link to it.

There were flawed studies from the start of this disease because researchers wanted to get their name out there on a study early. I don't usually consider "survey" studies to have a high degree of validity generally. I much prefer double blind studies with a proper control group.

Also, the early push for hydroxchloroquine treatment just didn't smell right. We didn't know much about what this virus did to the body and there were a number of concentrated voices saying this was going to work with zero evidence. It put a bad taste in my mouth for it.

Just because hydroxchloroquine is relatively safe for those with lupus or malaria does not mean it is safe for those with covid19. Anecdotally I know one person, barely 30 years old that suffered from tachycardia for months after they were infected. That means they had a resting heart rate over 100 BPM. We will never know how the virus affected her heart but it did something which could have been exacerbated by hydroxchloroquine had she been taking it. Heart trouble is a known but rare side effect of hydroxchloroquine in healthy patients so there is definitely the possibility of complications. Also my uncle in his 60s was just diagnosed with pulmonary embolism. I don't know how hydroxchloroquine and blood clots mix, but it's not the same as giving it to a healthy person. None of this is fake news. These are people I know personally that have had affects from a virus like never before in their lives, so I am going to continue to take this seriously.
7I3N
8/5/2020 8:24pm
CM_84 wrote:
The last question i will ask you 713. Is it possible that the drug doesnt help Covid patients? Is it possible that the studies showing it...

At this point there is still so much that we don't know about this disease that anything is possible. But the science is out there saying that this shit works. Here's a study that says it works and they didn't even use zinc. That means they had to rely of the existing zinc levels already in the patient's body. And again, they started with patients that were already hospitalized. It still cut the death rate in half. There are way too many doctors out there on the front line saying the combination of HCQ, zinc and azithromycin works if you start the treatment within 5 days of the onset of symptoms. Unfortunately, it works so well that the patients treated this way stay out of the system and are not tracked by anyone other than their own doctor. All of the people saying that it doesn't work have a stake in or work for an organization that has a stake in another competing treatment, a clear motive to dismiss HCQ.

Time will tell. The truth will eventually get out.

Post a reply to: COVID thread

The Latest