COFFEE DRINKERS HELP?

Brad460
Fantasy
736th
11/16/2018 7:20am
I have a co-worker from Costa Rica who brings us coffee beans grown/produced by his family. While I am no coffee bean expert I am told by my co-worker coffee beans grown at higher altitudes are of better quality.

Anyways, we grind them up and brew the coffee in our office- Damn good!
11/16/2018 7:37am
bradnelson wrote:
I almost regret the day I started grinding my own coffee. Now, everything else tastes like crap.

Fresh ground or nothing !!
Yea you don’t know what you never try. Then you do it.....shit.
ns503
11/16/2018 9:31am
Ebs wrote:
If he's a gadget and tinkerer type, get him an Aeropress. They're like $30 buck and actually have a pretty strong coffee snob hipster following. https://www.amazon.com/AeroPress-Coffee-and-Espresso-Maker/dp/B0047BIWSK...
If he's a gadget and tinkerer type, get him an Aeropress. They're like $30 buck and actually have a pretty strong coffee snob hipster following.

https://www.amazon.com/AeroPress-Coffee-and-Espresso-Maker/dp/B0047BIWSK

That looks like a lot of work.

I use a press also. Have a single size one here. (Wife doesn't drink it). Cheap but works great (the press, not the wife). Have a bigger one if company is here, and also one at the cottage. I don't do drip through a filter at all - best way to ruin coffee IMO. Always best flavour to grind beans just before brewing - but I usually bypass that & just buy ground. But not in big amounts, which keeps it a bit fresher. I also like fast & easy, no patience. Except when at the cottage.

Have a kid at university who took a nutrition class or two. He came home one time saying pressing and not using a filter increases the bad oils in it so was bad for your cholesteral. Sounded like hooey to me, I just kept on pressing.

And I'm going against the grain on a Keurig. They can be fast, easy and good. If you use your own coffee in a simple reusable pod, and grind before brewing. Then you also don't need to lose sleep over plastic on a beach...

The Shop

Post a reply to: COFFEE DRINKERS HELP?

The Latest