CA Earthquake, July 4, 2019, News?

KDXGarage
Edited Date/Time 7/12/2019 12:16pm
I hope all are well.

Any news on the earthquake?
|
SCR
7/4/2019 11:27am
6.4 out near Ridgecrest in the desert . Doesn't sound like it did any significant damage.
7/4/2019 12:01pm
SCR wrote:
6.4 out near Ridgecrest in the desert . Doesn't sound like it did any significant damage.
Just spoke with my sister who still lives in Ridgecrest. No power. TVs fell, books, pictures, broken glass, but no one dead.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
7/4/2019 12:10pm
I felt it really good here in Studio City. Nothing fell, but damn you forget what those are like. Woohoo

The Shop

jgmxdad251
7/4/2019 12:16pm
SCR wrote:
Just spoke with my sister who still lives in Ridgecrest. No power. TVs fell, books, pictures, broken glass, but no one dead.
My sister also lives in Ridgecrest. Lots of broken glass and scared kids, they have never felt a earthquake before. Her Husband is a volunteer firefighter, he got called in right after the quake.
7/4/2019 12:18pm
A friend I grew up with in Ridgecrest but now lives in Reno sent me the pic of his TV below. Friends on facebook in Ridgecrest reported fires, apparently there's more than one.

SCR
7/4/2019 12:28pm
SCR wrote:
Glad they are ok. Didn't mean to imply that's it's no big deal. Just going by my own report from someone in the area and my own experience of 50 years of CA earthquakes including waking up 10 miles west of the Northridge epicenter and the destruction that one did us.
7/4/2019 12:40pm
SCR wrote:
SCR wrote:
Glad they are ok. Didn't mean to imply that's it's no big deal. Just going by my own report from someone in the area and my...
Glad they are ok. Didn't mean to imply that's it's no big deal. Just going by my own report from someone in the area and my own experience of 50 years of CA earthquakes including waking up 10 miles west of the Northridge epicenter and the destruction that one did us.
No worries my friend. I didn't take it that way. Apparently it's a little worse than we both thought. Now they are evacuating the hospital.
7/4/2019 12:41pm
jgmxdad251 wrote:
Road to Trona [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/07/04/358127/s1200_82EE0F21_6EEE_4987_B74A_E2DD4EC0AFD7.jpg[/img] .
Road to Trona
Hope the Trona Pinnacles didn't fall over!
APLMAN99
7/4/2019 1:08pm
SCR wrote:
Glad they are ok. Didn't mean to imply that's it's no big deal. Just going by my own report from someone in the area and my...
No worries my friend. I didn't take it that way. Apparently it's a little worse than we both thought. Now they are evacuating the hospital.
At first it sounded like the news folks were hyping it up more than it was, but some of the reports now definitely make it sound more serious. Hopefully no deaths, but it sounds like there are plenty of people whose lives are impacted.

Hopefully California doesn’t get accused of trying to steal attention by someone holding a campaign rally in DC today.....

😎
7/4/2019 1:11pm
SCR wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
At first it sounded like the news folks were hyping it up more than it was, but some of the reports now definitely make it sound...
At first it sounded like the news folks were hyping it up more than it was, but some of the reports now definitely make it sound more serious. Hopefully no deaths, but it sounds like there are plenty of people whose lives are impacted.

Hopefully California doesn’t get accused of trying to steal attention by someone holding a campaign rally in DC today.....

😎
Laughing
mpy
7/4/2019 1:15pm
Well it was rather shallow (10km / 6 miles) so it can be quite destructive for sure.

Been there, done that.
jgmxdad251
7/4/2019 1:15pm
93 out there and no power, hope they get it back on soon.
jgmxdad251
7/4/2019 1:35pm
I know, it’s been super mild this summer. Still that’s warm enough for the elderly to have problems. It’s been so mild this summer, I actually considered riding at dove today.
NvHermit
Fantasy
4326th
7/4/2019 1:52pm
Summer really hasn't hit the West coast yet
BMSOBx2
7/4/2019 2:17pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2019 2:19pm
Friends and family up around Lake Isabella which is about 40 miles from Ridgecrest to the West. They definitely felt it but no damage to speak of. Authorities are checking the dam for integrity so far so good. The photos up above of the crack in the highway is highway 178 the main road into Ridgecrest.
KMC440
7/4/2019 2:29pm
Sisters at Pismo ... "what happened ... hang on ... oh yeah they said something about that ..."
7/4/2019 2:31pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Friends and family up around Lake Isabella which is about 40 miles from Ridgecrest to the West. They definitely felt it but no damage to speak...
Friends and family up around Lake Isabella which is about 40 miles from Ridgecrest to the West. They definitely felt it but no damage to speak of. Authorities are checking the dam for integrity so far so good. The photos up above of the crack in the highway is highway 178 the main road into Ridgecrest.
Used to fish there as a boy, and of course the Kern River.
7/4/2019 2:50pm
jgmxdad251 wrote:
The Kern is so gnarly right now!
Hey, jgmxbro, my maw and paw got married in Simi Valley. 1948.

Anyhow, got this from a facebook friend. I had never actually seen it. She said it's from the 80s. I found it hilarious.
jgmxdad251
7/4/2019 3:15pm
Cool video! I lived there for about 10 months around 30 years ago, never really noticed the earthquakes. Worked on the hospital and learned to love along with hate the desert. My wife’s parents have been here in simi for 40+years. I’ve been here for 25.
pelted
7/4/2019 5:45pm
Felt it pretty good by the coast, 150 miles away. No jolt, just a horizontal sway.
borg
7/4/2019 5:53pm
Rocked and rolled a bit here Long Beach.
It has been a mild summer so far. Last year was too. Usually by July 4th it's in the 90's. Barely made 80 here today. Fine by me. If this is global warming I'm down.
I haven't watched any TV other than You Tube and Prime for about 4 days. I may turn on the news later.
Naw.
7/4/2019 5:58pm
I felt it at work by Lake Arrowhead, felt some rumbling and then the machine next to me started shaking. Luckily the psych patients didn't start flocking to us. A lot of times they will because it gave them anxiety.
borg
7/4/2019 6:01pm
I felt it at work by Lake Arrowhead, felt some rumbling and then the machine next to me started shaking. Luckily the psych patients didn't start...
I felt it at work by Lake Arrowhead, felt some rumbling and then the machine next to me started shaking. Luckily the psych patients didn't start flocking to us. A lot of times they will because it gave them anxiety.
I'll be up there in a couple of weeks. Playing the Country Club course. Probably have a beer. Maybe two.
7/4/2019 8:41pm
I felt it at work by Lake Arrowhead, felt some rumbling and then the machine next to me started shaking. Luckily the psych patients didn't start...
borg wrote:
I'll be up there in a couple of weeks. Playing the Country Club course. Probably have a beer. Maybe two.
Will you be up here over the weekend? They have great bands each weekend. We're watching a beach boys cover band now.
captmoto
7/4/2019 11:42pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2019 11:43pm
My wife felt it, I didn't. Kinda weird since it set the pool to sloshing around a little bit.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
7/5/2019 4:38pm
borg wrote:
Will you be up here over the weekend? They have great bands each weekend. We're watching a beach boys cover band now.
I'll be up at our place next weekend, hoping to make it down to the village for some beers and music. Hopefully.
Work has been stupid busy. Dizzy

Post a reply to: CA Earthquake, July 4, 2019, News?

The Latest