CA Earthquake, July 4, 2019, News?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/4/2019 11:06 AM

I hope all are well.

Any news on the earthquake?

|

7/4/2019 11:27 AM

6.4 out near Ridgecrest in the desert . Doesn't sound like it did any significant damage.

|

7/4/2019 12:01 PM

SCR wrote:

6.4 out near Ridgecrest in the desert . Doesn't sound like it did any significant damage.

Just spoke with my sister who still lives in Ridgecrest. No power. TVs fell, books, pictures, broken glass, but no one dead.

|

7/4/2019 12:09 PM

Sorry to hear that!!

|

7/4/2019 12:10 PM

I felt it really good here in Studio City. Nothing fell, but damn you forget what those are like. w00t

|

7/4/2019 12:16 PM

SCR wrote:

Harry Backmon wrote:

Just spoke with my sister who still lives in Ridgecrest. No power. TVs fell, books, pictures, broken glass, but no one dead.

My sister also lives in Ridgecrest. Lots of broken glass and scared kids, they have never felt a earthquake before. Her Husband is a volunteer firefighter, he got called in right after the quake.

|

7/4/2019 12:18 PM

A friend I grew up with in Ridgecrest but now lives in Reno sent me the pic of his TV below. Friends on facebook in Ridgecrest reported fires, apparently there's more than one.
Photo

|

7/4/2019 12:28 PM

SCR wrote:

Harry Backmon wrote:

Glad they are ok. Didn't mean to imply that's it's no big deal. Just going by my own report from someone in the area and my own experience of 50 years of CA earthquakes including waking up 10 miles west of the Northridge epicenter and the destruction that one did us.

|

7/4/2019 12:32 PM

Road to Trona Photo

|

7/4/2019 12:40 PM

SCR wrote:

Harry Backmon wrote:

SCR wrote:

Glad they are ok. Didn't mean to imply that's it's no big deal. Just going by my own report from someone in the area and my ...more

No worries my friend. I didn't take it that way. Apparently it's a little worse than we both thought. Now they are evacuating the hospital.

|

7/4/2019 12:41 PM

jgmxdad251 wrote:

Road to Trona Photo

Hope the Trona Pinnacles didn't fall over!

|

7/4/2019 1:08 PM

Harry Backmon wrote:

SCR wrote:

Glad they are ok. Didn't mean to imply that's it's no big deal. Just going by my own report from someone in the area and my ...more

Harry Backmon wrote:

No worries my friend. I didn't take it that way. Apparently it's a little worse than we both thought. Now they are evacuating ...more

At first it sounded like the news folks were hyping it up more than it was, but some of the reports now definitely make it sound more serious. Hopefully no deaths, but it sounds like there are plenty of people whose lives are impacted.

Hopefully California doesn’t get accused of trying to steal attention by someone holding a campaign rally in DC today.....

😎

|

7/4/2019 1:11 PM

SCR wrote:

Harry Backmon wrote:

No worries my friend. I didn't take it that way. Apparently it's a little worse than we both thought. Now they are evacuating ...more

APLMAN99 wrote:

At first it sounded like the news folks were hyping it up more than it was, but some of the reports now definitely make it ...more

laughing
|

7/4/2019 1:15 PM

Well it was rather shallow (10km / 6 miles) so it can be quite destructive for sure.

Been there, done that.

|

7/4/2019 1:15 PM

93 out there and no power, hope they get it back on soon.

|

7/4/2019 1:30 PM

93? What is it spring there still?

|

7/4/2019 1:35 PM

I know, it’s been super mild this summer. Still that’s warm enough for the elderly to have problems. It’s been so mild this summer, I actually considered riding at dove today.

|

7/4/2019 1:52 PM

Summer really hasn't hit the West coast yet

|

7/4/2019 2:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2019 2:19 PM

Friends and family up around Lake Isabella which is about 40 miles from Ridgecrest to the West. They definitely felt it but no damage to speak of. Authorities are checking the dam for integrity so far so good. The photos up above of the crack in the highway is highway 178 the main road into Ridgecrest.

|

7/4/2019 2:29 PM

Sisters at Pismo ... "what happened ... hang on ... oh yeah they said something about that ..."

|

7/4/2019 2:31 PM

BMSOBx2 wrote:

Friends and family up around Lake Isabella which is about 40 miles from Ridgecrest to the West. They definitely felt it but no ...more

Used to fish there as a boy, and of course the Kern River.

|

7/4/2019 2:35 PM

The Kern is so gnarly right now!

|

7/4/2019 2:50 PM

jgmxdad251 wrote:

The Kern is so gnarly right now!

Hey, jgmxbro, my maw and paw got married in Simi Valley. 1948.

Anyhow, got this from a facebook friend. I had never actually seen it. She said it's from the 80s. I found it hilarious.

|

7/4/2019 3:15 PM

Cool video! I lived there for about 10 months around 30 years ago, never really noticed the earthquakes. Worked on the hospital and learned to love along with hate the desert. My wife’s parents have been here in simi for 40+years. I’ve been here for 25.

|

7/4/2019 5:45 PM

Felt it pretty good by the coast, 150 miles away. No jolt, just a horizontal sway.

|

7/4/2019 5:53 PM

Rocked and rolled a bit here Long Beach.
It has been a mild summer so far. Last year was too. Usually by July 4th it's in the 90's. Barely made 80 here today. Fine by me. If this is global warming I'm down.
I haven't watched any TV other than You Tube and Prime for about 4 days. I may turn on the news later.
Naw.

|

7/4/2019 5:58 PM

I felt it at work by Lake Arrowhead, felt some rumbling and then the machine next to me started shaking. Luckily the psych patients didn't start flocking to us. A lot of times they will because it gave them anxiety.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

7/4/2019 6:01 PM

smashingpumpkins167 wrote:

I felt it at work by Lake Arrowhead, felt some rumbling and then the machine next to me started shaking. Luckily the psych ...more

I'll be up there in a couple of weeks. Playing the Country Club course. Probably have a beer. Maybe two.

|

7/4/2019 8:41 PM

smashingpumpkins167 wrote:

I felt it at work by Lake Arrowhead, felt some rumbling and then the machine next to me started shaking. Luckily the psych ...more

borg wrote:

I'll be up there in a couple of weeks. Playing the Country Club course. Probably have a beer. Maybe two.

Will you be up here over the weekend? They have great bands each weekend. We're watching a beach boys cover band now.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

7/4/2019 11:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2019 11:43 PM

My wife felt it, I didn't. Kinda weird since it set the pool to sloshing around a little bit.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.