Bye bye, Jesus.

JPT
4/10/2010 6:56pm
Making a jump from an empty tomb to a resurrection is big enough leap. But all you have is a 2000 year old story about an empty tomb. Sorry but that isn't even evidence, much less proof.
flarider
4/10/2010 7:00pm
JPT wrote:
Making a jump from an empty tomb to a resurrection is big enough leap. But all you have is a 2000 year old story about an...
Making a jump from an empty tomb to a resurrection is big enough leap. But all you have is a 2000 year old story about an empty tomb. Sorry but that isn't even evidence, much less proof.
and stories of talking snakes, and talking burning bushes, and a guy living in a whale's stomach and more....
BIGHEAD1
4/10/2010 7:42pm
I don't really believe in anything either way...Don't really care.

But every time I think of something to discredit Jesus. I think to myself what a profound affect he had on so many people. Something crazy must of happened for so many people to follow his ideas and be so fiercely loyal. There have been books, and people who have inspired but who on the level of Jesus?

Of course, Jesus could just be just the first man to discover time travel and showed people modern technology and fucked shit all up. Walk on water? The dude made water ski's
bullpen58
4/11/2010 1:01am
If God created everything and is in charge of everything and has already planned everything out, then why did he create Hell, Satan, sin, etc.? He fucked up? Isn't he infallible? He couldn't have made a mistake. He must have made all that shit on purpose. So he's an asshole, right?

Plus, if God controls everything and all that jazz, they he allowed his "only begotten son" to die on purpose too, right? And if he allowed his only begotten son to die "for our sins" but he was later "resurrected" and went to Heaven, then he didn't REALLY sacrifice shit, right?

That's like me saying I'm gonna sacrifice my only begotten dirt bike to some lucky soul on Vital because I want reduce bike thefts, but then I go back and take my bike back with me and then guilt trip the shit outta you for my HUGE sacrifice.

What a flippin joke.

The Shop

jimmie
4/11/2010 5:58am
Not only an empty tomb but , hundreds of people witnessed His resurrection during the following forty days. (! Corinthians 15:6)
I'm not trying to prove to any of you, just presenting the facts in the bible.
jimmie
4/11/2010 6:14am
bullpen58 wrote:
If God created everything and is in charge of everything and has already planned everything out, then why did he create Hell, Satan, sin, etc.? He...
If God created everything and is in charge of everything and has already planned everything out, then why did he create Hell, Satan, sin, etc.? He fucked up? Isn't he infallible? He couldn't have made a mistake. He must have made all that shit on purpose. So he's an asshole, right?

Plus, if God controls everything and all that jazz, they he allowed his "only begotten son" to die on purpose too, right? And if he allowed his only begotten son to die "for our sins" but he was later "resurrected" and went to Heaven, then he didn't REALLY sacrifice shit, right?

That's like me saying I'm gonna sacrifice my only begotten dirt bike to some lucky soul on Vital because I want reduce bike thefts, but then I go back and take my bike back with me and then guilt trip the shit outta you for my HUGE sacrifice.

What a flippin joke.
1 Corinthians 1:25, "For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom..."

1 Corinthians 3:19, "For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight"

I understand to us, God's ways appear to be misguided, I get that but, what do we really know?
We'll all figure it out at some point in time, I am sure.
flarider
4/11/2010 7:00am
I swear I see my friend who died a few years back almost every day
Whitey
4/11/2010 7:03am
jimmie wrote:
Not only an empty tomb but , hundreds of people witnessed His resurrection during the following forty days. (! Corinthians 15:6) I'm not trying to prove...
Not only an empty tomb but , hundreds of people witnessed His resurrection during the following forty days. (! Corinthians 15:6)
Yeah but there is no proof the bible is true, so how can they be facts?
jimmie
4/11/2010 7:26am
Whitey wrote:
Yep. I can prove nothing, nor can it be disproved.
"It is what it is"
Whitey
4/11/2010 7:32am Edited Date/Time 4/11/2010 7:34am
Whitey wrote:
jimmie wrote:
"It is what it is"
Yep exactly, about as truthful/realistic as a comic book in my eyes.
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
4/11/2010 8:31am
Awesome Jesus hate thread! Don't steal, don't kill, don't lie, don't cheat on your wife ya that's some crazy stuff. All you hating, killing, wife abusing thief's get nervous reading those rules, shit ain't been the same since you guys brought down Jim and Tammy! I hate yall for what you did to Jim and Tammy. Flash back to 1979 at 2 am all the Montgomery Stations went off air, I had to switch to channel 6 Birmingham, it was snowy but damnit I had PTL club, it was weird though somtimes the Bennyhill show would be on instead. Bennyhill is Satan.
jmar
4/11/2010 8:37am
Crash82 wrote:
[img]http://moonbeammcqueen.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/jimandtammyfaye1.jpg[/img]
There is one pussy and two cunts in that photo.Laughing
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
4/11/2010 8:50am
I wish they had a sex tape!
Frogman
4/11/2010 10:07am
Wow, I forgot just how scary Tammy was.
Spinner
4/11/2010 11:07am
jimmie wrote:
Not only an empty tomb but , hundreds of people witnessed His resurrection during the following forty days. (! Corinthians 15:6) I'm not trying to prove...
Facts in the bible?
Isn't that like presenting the facts laid out in Charlotte's Web and Aesop's Fables?
TeamGreen
4/11/2010 12:30pm
From Spinner's sig-line...

Simply EPIC!

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift, that's why they call it the present, and presently, there is a pretty good season brewing." - David Bailey

Thanks for puttin' that there so that I could pick up on it...

Seriously...

EPIC...and motivating.
jimmie
4/11/2010 12:45pm
Spinner wrote:
Facts in the bible?
Isn't that like presenting the facts laid out in Charlotte's Web and Aesop's Fables?
The bible is a history book.
But I understand you don't trust it.
You don't have to belittle it as a fairy tale cause you choose not to believe it.

txmxer
4/11/2010 1:43pm
jimmie wrote:
"It is what it is"
jimmie, you are welcome to believe what you want, but, that's the same logic as the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

jimmie
4/11/2010 3:36pm
txmxer wrote:
jimmie, you are welcome to believe what you want, but, that's the same logic as the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I happen to like spaghetti, flying or not.
Ozy
4/11/2010 7:16pm
Psalm 14: The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."

Religion was around way before any of us alive today were on the planet and it will be around long after we are gone.

BobbyM
4/11/2010 8:39pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:03pm
religion was/is a way of allowing us humans and their brains to cope with reality and life. it's better than nothing and more than most anything so far....more than anything else anybody has came up with.

what kills me is people wanting it to be the truth...or not the truth. it doesn't fucking matter...not one fucking bit if god is there or not. what matters is what you believe and that's all you can say about, end of story. get a clue and get a grip. believe what you want and believe it with all yer heart.
fencepost
4/11/2010 10:48pm
BobbyM wrote:
religion was/is a way of allowing us humans and their brains to cope with reality and life. it's better than nothing and more than most anything...
religion was/is a way of allowing us humans and their brains to cope with reality and life. it's better than nothing and more than most anything so far....more than anything else anybody has came up with.

what kills me is people wanting it to be the truth...or not the truth. it doesn't fucking matter...not one fucking bit if god is there or not. what matters is what you believe and that's all you can say about, end of story. get a clue and get a grip. believe what you want and believe it with all yer heart.
Can you define yer for us?
Larry
4/12/2010 12:31pm
I bet those two missing links drowned in a flood or something.
motogeezer
4/12/2010 12:38pm
Larry wrote:
I bet those two missing links drowned in a flood or something.
HAR!
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
4/12/2010 3:53pm Edited Date/Time 4/12/2010 3:56pm
I look at it like this, if it helps someone to decide not to do something wrong because god is watching and that is thousands every day then why try to disprove it. People also believe in it for a sign of hope while living or dying. You never know when you may need god yourself. I am not religious but my family is. My grandmother prays every day and goes to church every chance she gets, she will be gone soon. I would never try and prove her beliefs wrong no matter what because it helps her for that day and she does not push them on anyone. Take god away and there will be twice as many crazies out there with no consequence in thier minds. On the bad side religion has caused many wars as well.
motogeezer
4/12/2010 5:49pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:05pm
FLmxer wrote:
I look at it like this, if it helps someone to decide not to do something wrong because god is watching and that is thousands every...
I look at it like this, if it helps someone to decide not to do something wrong because god is watching and that is thousands every day then why try to disprove it. People also believe in it for a sign of hope while living or dying. You never know when you may need god yourself. I am not religious but my family is. My grandmother prays every day and goes to church every chance she gets, she will be gone soon. I would never try and prove her beliefs wrong no matter what because it helps her for that day and she does not push them on anyone. Take god away and there will be twice as many crazies out there with no consequence in thier minds. On the bad side religion has caused many wars as well.
That's a good way to look at it.

My wife is a church going Christian, and it works for her.

I even go to church with her on occasion and do charity volunteer work with a couple of groups there once or twice a year.

Most everyone I've met at her church are decent people.

Many of them know I'm a non-believer, and don't seem to have a problem with it.

Now, if we could just keep the churches out of government...

Post a reply to: Bye bye, Jesus.

The Latest