Buying a game console

peelout
11/30/2017 8:37am Edited Date/Time 11/30/2017 3:56pm
internet gets hooked up Monday bros, ready to get my game on!
Spurdo
11/30/2017 9:04am
You have to have Internet technologies to play video games?

The Shop

Sunhouse
11/30/2017 10:00am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I've been a PlayStation guy since the first console and don't see me switching to Xbox. I'm sure it's a great console but each time that...
I've been a PlayStation guy since the first console and don't see me switching to Xbox. I'm sure it's a great console but each time that I've tried playing it the controller just felt awkward to me so much so that I never bothered buying one. Some Xbox gamers feel the same way about the PS controller.

The only other consoles I've ever owned were the original NES, Sega Genesis and Nintendo 64. I liked all 3.

Speaking of TV's do they still even make plasma TV's? I don't think so but I haven't checked in a long time. I'll probably only purchase a new 4K TV when the PS5 is about to launch. There's not much 4K TV content out at the moment and I'm not super into movies so personally for me it be a waste to go out and purchase one now.

I took a look at your Samsung TV and seeing that it's an 8 series it looks like you spent a decent amount of money on it. I was looking through a flyer the other day and saw a $3000 next to a TV then I looked closer and it said save $3000 on the TV. I can't remember which TV it was but it was on sale for $4500 instead of $7500. At that point I realized they have insane markups. I knew they were marked up but not by that much. I'll definitely keep that in mind when it comes time to buy a new TV. They slashed the price 3K and they were still making money.
I had the original Sega Master System, not the black one, but the black and burgundy.
Also had the first Game Boy, and N64 before Wii (hated it) Ps1, PS3 and PS4. Agree on the controller for Xbox, it just feels weird and wrong. Mind you, tried the ps3 the other day and that controller was a torture deviceLaughing

I did a lot of research before I bought the tv, this years model was not as good, and last years model was almost sold out, so they shipped one of the last ones in the country from some hillbilly small town where they couldn’t get rid of it in the local store. Full 4K and HDR for a very reasonable price. I buy tv’s every 12 years or so, so try to keep it up to date when I buy one. should be more than ready for a PS5 when it launches too
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
3/17/2018 6:09am
Switched to PS4, came from XB360. Took the advice in this thread since I loved RDR and got The last of Us remastered. At first I was like "What is this chicken shit linear game" then I remembered you can play in 4k. Switch over and I'm in the "Winter" part and holy shit this game is sick! Been playing on Hard, so that's my only experience and I will say this game is not easy.

Any other suggestion for PS4? Metal Gear and Uncharted?

Enjoying the console btw, really dig the Rest mode where you can basically pick up the controller and with in 10 seconds awake the console and be back where you left off.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
3/17/2018 8:43am
Markee wrote:
Switched to PS4, came from XB360. Took the advice in this thread since I loved RDR and got The last of Us remastered. At first I...
Switched to PS4, came from XB360. Took the advice in this thread since I loved RDR and got The last of Us remastered. At first I was like "What is this chicken shit linear game" then I remembered you can play in 4k. Switch over and I'm in the "Winter" part and holy shit this game is sick! Been playing on Hard, so that's my only experience and I will say this game is not easy.

Enjoying the console btw, really dig the Rest mode where you can basically pick up the controller and with in 10 seconds awake the console and be back where you left off.
Uncharted is definitely something you should play.

Four games that are not out yet but that I'm looking forward to play are Red Dead Redemption 2, Detroit: Become Human, Far Cry 5 and Insurgency: Sandstorm. Far Cry 5 comes out at the end of this month.

Not sure if it was ported to the PS4 from the PS3 or if it's available to play on PlayStation Now but if yes look into Heavy Rain. Quantic Dreams is the studio that made the game and it's definitively unique and different than what's on the market. They're the one's doing Detroit: Become Human and I expect the same kind of experience I had with Heavy Rain. Heavy Rain isn't for everyone but the story is really engaging.

I enjoyed L.A. Noire on PS3. That one is now available on the PS4.

The Last of Us 2 is confirmed and will be coming out later this year I believe.

Concerning Rest mode it's awesome for other reasons as well. If you leave it in rest mode and the console or one of your games gets a patch update it'll automatically download them for you. Nothing is more frustrating than firing up the PS4, start a game and get a noticed that the game needs an update. You can still play the game in single player mode while the update downloads in the background but you need to wait until the download is complete if you want to access the network features.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
3/17/2018 2:27pm
Markee wrote:
Switched to PS4, came from XB360. Took the advice in this thread since I loved RDR and got The last of Us remastered. At first I...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Uncharted is definitely something you should play. Four games that are not out yet but that I'm looking forward to play are Red Dead Redemption 2...

Four games that are not out yet but that I'm looking forward to play are Red Dead Redemption 2, Detroit: Become Human, Far Cry 5 and Insurgency: Sandstorm. Far Cry 5 comes out at the end of this month.

Not sure if it was ported to the PS4 from the PS3 or if it's available to play on PlayStation Now but if yes look into Heavy Rain. Quantic Dreams is the studio that made the game and it's definitively unique and different than what's on the market. They're the one's doing Detroit: Become Human and I expect the same kind of experience I had with Heavy Rain. Heavy Rain isn't for everyone but the story is really engaging.

Concerning Rest mode it's awesome for other reasons as well. If you leave it in rest mode and the console or one of your games gets a patch update it'll automatically download them for you. Nothing is more frustrating than firing up the PS4, start a game and get a noticed that the game needs an update. You can still play the game in single player mode while the update downloads in the background but you need to wait until the download is complete if you want to access the network features.
Become Human looks crazy. Seems like a original concept.

You seen Death Stranding? Have no idea what the hell is going on with this game but I'm going to check it out.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
3/17/2018 3:31pm
Markee wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Uncharted is definitely something you should play. Four games that are not out yet but that I'm looking forward to play are Red Dead Redemption 2...

Markee wrote:
Become Human looks crazy. Seems like a original concept. You seen Death Stranding? Have no idea what the hell is going on with this game but...

You seen Death Stranding? Have no idea what the hell is going on with this game but I'm going to check it out.
First time hearing about Death Stranding but will have to look it up to see what it's about.

Detroit: Become Human is definitely a unique concept. All the choices you make will affect how the game plays out. It was the same thing in Heavy Rain. The whole AI thing is a bit creepy. It doesn't seem all that far fetched either. After all did you see the Android that was given an honorary citizenship for the U.A.E.? That thing is weird.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
3/17/2018 4:13pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Markee wrote:
Become Human looks crazy. Seems like a original concept. You seen Death Stranding? Have no idea what the hell is going on with this game but...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
First time hearing about Death Stranding but will have to look it up to see what it's about. Detroit: Become Human is definitely a unique concept...
First time hearing about Death Stranding but will have to look it up to see what it's about.

Detroit: Become Human is definitely a unique concept. All the choices you make will affect how the game plays out. It was the same thing in Heavy Rain. The whole AI thing is a bit creepy. It doesn't seem all that far fetched either. After all did you see the Android that was given an honorary citizenship for the U.A.E.? That thing is weird.
Here you go

Post a reply to: Buying a game console

The Latest