Bug bites who knew? Graphic photo

level
Edited Date/Time 7/3/2018 12:41pm
Co workers wife got bit by something and over week in hospital and cut leg open to drain and remove pus.
They tested for spider said wasn’t a spider. Maybe a fly he said???

Just unreal.
|
early
Fantasy
2231st
7/2/2018 3:53pm Edited Date/Time 7/2/2018 4:04pm
Yikes!!!!

Keep an eye on any bite or cut infections that don't look right, got a friend that almost lost a leg to a staph infection from a small cut.
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
7/2/2018 3:54pm
maybe a bot fly?..
MR. X
7/2/2018 3:56pm
Often over looked , i got bit/stunk by something in my ankle last summer , a few hours later and it was red and hot to the touch , they gave me a shot and some pills , they traced where the red line stopped and told me to come back if it went passed the line . Not to be messed with.

The Shop

level
7/2/2018 5:35pm
dsmith wrote:
maybe a bot fly?..
That’s what he said doctors said
newmann
7/2/2018 6:28pm
MR. X wrote:
Often over looked , i got bit/stunk by something in my ankle last summer , a few hours later and it was red and hot to...
Often over looked , i got bit/stunk by something in my ankle last summer , a few hours later and it was red and hot to the touch , they gave me a shot and some pills , they traced where the red line stopped and told me to come back if it went passed the line . Not to be messed with.
Back during the flood I got bit by the sweetest kitty in the world (actually that bitch was grumpy and pissed) as I was trying to save her ass. Walking nut deep in nasty ass flood waters probably didn’t help. Add in that there were few options for doctors that week and my hand wasn’t looking so good and it was creeping up my wrist before I made it in to a local urgent care. Fortunately some shots and meds got me cleared up in short order and avoided looking like that pic up above. Don’t fugg around when things start going south.
JPT
7/2/2018 6:34pm
When I was working at McCarran Airport one of my coworkers got bit by a brown recluse. He was in the hospital for 10 days and when he came back to work after 30 days he told me it was still draining. I took his word for it.
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
7/2/2018 6:35pm
dsmith wrote:
maybe a bot fly?..
level wrote:
That’s what he said doctors said
bot flies lay eggs in the body and then they grow...when you cover the hole in your leg they cant breath and wiggle and squirm...so if were to jam some vaseline in the hole that thing will go nut squirming trying to breath..bot flies are no joke.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
7/2/2018 9:54pm
I got bit by a spider on the top of my foot, wasn’t sure when it happened but that is what the dr said was the cause. Anyway a small welt suddenly began to open up n the center and increase n size. The venom was literally eating my flesh away....got to about the size of a silver dollar before the antibiotics got it under control. Hurt like a mofo for a week, finally healed but the scar is permanent

Scary to think what a little damn spider can do to you
7/3/2018 6:20am Edited Date/Time 7/3/2018 6:41am
Wonder what the culture came back as....IV vanco and zosyn I’m sure until that Petri dish tells the tale of what was growing. Scary!!

Yea if the redness tracking up towards your chest/abdominal area you need to get your ass On antibiotics.

A lot of people let this stuff go, and end up in an icu in septic shock. “I’m fine, I’m fine, oh god i can’t breathe and I’m hot...” too late....you’re in for a wild ride.
hillbilly
7/3/2018 6:59am
I've been bit or stung by about everything around craw!ing thru overgrown land while surveying .

Never had that
peelout
7/3/2018 8:36am
my friend's mom was bit by a hobo spider right on her ass cheek years ago. it was really really bad, almost killed her bad.
motosmith
7/3/2018 8:55am
peelout wrote:
my friend's mom was bit by a hobo spider right on her ass cheek years ago. it was really really bad, almost killed her bad.
Pics?
Tumblin
7/3/2018 10:16am
Got bit by a yellow jacket, my arm swelled up like my thigh overnight. I had a heater, arm red and hot along with it still growing. Cellulitis I believe they called it. Lots of antibiotics to get it under control. Those flyers chew on some nasty shit and pass it along. If you ever cut the head off a rattler, bury it. The venom can go airborne with those meat eaters.
peelout
7/3/2018 11:06am Edited Date/Time 7/3/2018 11:06am
peelout wrote:
motosmith wrote:
Pics?
i don't have any, this was probably 15 years ago.

i remember going to see her in the hospital and the dr was changing the gauze in her wound. he pulled out a 16oz. can size wad of gauze out of the hole they cut out.

got to see my friend's mom's ass tho, so there's that
MR. X
7/3/2018 12:41pm
Tumblin wrote:
Got bit by a yellow jacket, my arm swelled up like my thigh overnight. I had a heater, arm red and hot along with it still...
Got bit by a yellow jacket, my arm swelled up like my thigh overnight. I had a heater, arm red and hot along with it still growing. Cellulitis I believe they called it. Lots of antibiotics to get it under control. Those flyers chew on some nasty shit and pass it along. If you ever cut the head off a rattler, bury it. The venom can go airborne with those meat eaters.
If i ever see a rattler ,im moving further north.

Post a reply to: Bug bites who knew? Graphic photo

The Latest