Boxing fans (contains question about a VPN)

jemcee
I'm a reinvigorated boxing fan, I trained for years but lost a bit of interest after my accident, but it's on fire right now with the heavyweight division chock full of talent (and drama) and the marvel that is Lomachenko I'm getting more and more invested in the sport again and England is absolutely killing it with content on youtube and good fights seemingly every weekend!
My problem is they're all on Sky Sports and we can't get that in Australia and with DAZN coming in with some big fighters and the fights that go with it I'm thinking that I'll be forced to venture down the VPN path..

Anyone have any advice on all that shit?
|
ocscottie
4/15/2019 8:54am
Johnnycuuunt, it use to be so easy, just install the Hola extension on chrome and yer done, but now they have mostly gone to pay services, and Hola is full of viruses. So i am kinda in the same market as you are, but i dont want to have to pay. Ive heard good things about Hoxx, but it doesnt work on the site im needing it for. Might work for you? I think it is free:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hoxx-vpn-proxy/nbcojefnccbanp… (for Chrome)
jemcee
4/15/2019 4:52pm
ocscottie wrote:
Johnnycuuunt, it use to be so easy, just install the Hola extension on chrome and yer done, but now they have mostly gone to pay services...
Johnnycuuunt, it use to be so easy, just install the Hola extension on chrome and yer done, but now they have mostly gone to pay services, and Hola is full of viruses. So i am kinda in the same market as you are, but i dont want to have to pay. Ive heard good things about Hoxx, but it doesnt work on the site im needing it for. Might work for you? I think it is free:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hoxx-vpn-proxy/nbcojefnccbanp… (for Chrome)
Man that's what I'm realising haha I thought they were two different things (hola and vpn's) You know my computer knowledge haha
I don't wanna pay either cause I'll be already paying for Sky sports and DAZN cunts hands in my pocket left right and centre!!
I'll give hoxx a look
jemcee
4/15/2019 4:53pm
Joemx wrote:
I use Softether VPN gate. I don't know how it rates with the others out there, but it is free without any ads and it works...
I use Softether VPN gate. I don't know how it rates with the others out there, but it is free without any ads and it works pretty well for me.

https://download.cnet.com/VPN-Gate-Client-Plug-in-with-SoftEther-VPN-Cl…
Sweet thanks man! I'll give that one a look too

The Shop

Sully
4/15/2019 5:01pm
I use PureVPN. Costs about $70(US) for, I think, 2 years, and you can choose the country/city you want your VPN. Works great for SlingTV so I can watch SX.
jemcee
4/15/2019 6:53pm
Sully wrote:
I use PureVPN. Costs about $70(US) for, I think, 2 years, and you can choose the country/city you want your VPN. Works great for SlingTV so...
I use PureVPN. Costs about $70(US) for, I think, 2 years, and you can choose the country/city you want your VPN. Works great for SlingTV so I can watch SX.
Yeah see I'm not keen to pay that much but I also understand that I should haha

There's gonna be some big fights coming up so maybe I'll have to bite the bullet
ocscottie
4/17/2019 12:59am
Joemx wrote:
I use Softether VPN gate. I don't know how it rates with the others out there, but it is free without any ads and it works...
I use Softether VPN gate. I don't know how it rates with the others out there, but it is free without any ads and it works pretty well for me.

This one worked good for my needs, little more difficult than just clicking a button to connect, but still fairly easy.

One mistake i did make was i closed the program, figuring it would auto disconnect me, well that wasnt the case and i couldnt figure out why my connection wasnt snappy fast as usual. I opened up the program and saw it was still connected, you need to manually "disconnect" before closing the main prog. Lesson learned.
jemcee
4/17/2019 1:38am
I just got a message from DAZN saying that it won't work with a VPN but would they have to say that legally?
It's giving me the shits that's for sure.. Just let me watch the fights ya dickheads
BR8ES
4/17/2019 6:22am
I am just glad to hear of someone interested in plain old boxing these days.
jemcee
4/17/2019 3:54pm
BR8ES wrote:
Haha Yeah it is a little rare these days.. I'm not at all into MMA I mean I get the skill needed and all that shit but it just does not interest me in the slightest haha..

Boxing is huge in the UK and there's so much talent there, and like I said there's at least 1 or 2 new youtube videos a day promoting a fight or talking to fighters and seems to be every different character you could want haha.. So it's very easy to get invested in a fight or fighter (Dave Allen the White Rhino the people's champ is my favourite haha)
Shit there was one the other day where a dude sat down with Eddie Hearn, who you could argue is one of the biggest promoters in the sport right now, for an hour and a half at his house talking shit and cracking wise! For some reason it was extremely watchable haha
Joemx
4/17/2019 4:44pm
Joemx wrote:

ocscottie wrote:
This one worked good for my needs, little more difficult than just clicking a button to connect, but still fairly easy. One mistake i did make...
This one worked good for my needs, little more difficult than just clicking a button to connect, but still fairly easy.

One mistake i did make was i closed the program, figuring it would auto disconnect me, well that wasnt the case and i couldnt figure out why my connection wasnt snappy fast as usual. I opened up the program and saw it was still connected, you need to manually "disconnect" before closing the main prog. Lesson learned.
Did the same thing myself until I figured out all the ins and outs of how to use it properly.
BR8ES
4/17/2019 5:50pm
BR8ES wrote:
jemcee wrote:
Haha Yeah it is a little rare these days.. I'm not at all into MMA I mean I get the skill needed and all that shit...
Haha Yeah it is a little rare these days.. I'm not at all into MMA I mean I get the skill needed and all that shit but it just does not interest me in the slightest haha..

Boxing is huge in the UK and there's so much talent there, and like I said there's at least 1 or 2 new youtube videos a day promoting a fight or talking to fighters and seems to be every different character you could want haha.. So it's very easy to get invested in a fight or fighter (Dave Allen the White Rhino the people's champ is my favourite haha)
Shit there was one the other day where a dude sat down with Eddie Hearn, who you could argue is one of the biggest promoters in the sport right now, for an hour and a half at his house talking shit and cracking wise! For some reason it was extremely watchable haha
I miss the old days and how popular boxing was, enjoy jawing with old timers about it too. It would fantrastic to witness some of the UK scene!
jemcee
4/18/2019 6:29am
BR8ES wrote:
jemcee wrote:
Haha Yeah it is a little rare these days.. I'm not at all into MMA I mean I get the skill needed and all that shit...

BR8ES wrote:
I miss the old days and how popular boxing was, enjoy jawing with old timers about it too. It would fantrastic to witness some of the...
I miss the old days and how popular boxing was, enjoy jawing with old timers about it too. It would fantrastic to witness some of the UK scene!
Yep I honestly think it's coming back especially with the heavyweight scene the way it is.. There's at least 3 guys that are deemed the elite, Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder but there's also a heap of guys just under them plus an exceptional cruiserweight Oleksander Usyk! Who is another favourite of mine.. It'd be a good time to watch the fights if I could watch the faaarken fights haha..

Oh and yes the atmosphere even seeps through the screen!! A title fight in the UK can get 90 thousand people packed into a stadium compared to 20 in Madison Square Garden
4/18/2019 10:13pm
I watch every big fight and have never paid for a single one. Just look up r/boxingstreams, the acestream links will usually be the best quality. Crawford v Khan this saturday should be good, unless Crawford completely dismantles him that is.
jemcee
4/19/2019 6:29am
I watch every big fight and have never paid for a single one. Just look up r/boxingstreams, the acestream links will usually be the best quality...
I watch every big fight and have never paid for a single one. Just look up r/boxingstreams, the acestream links will usually be the best quality. Crawford v Khan this saturday should be good, unless Crawford completely dismantles him that is.
Fucken good info bro! Thank you I'll be doing that for sure.. Do they do the smaller UK fights? Like ones that are on Sky.. I really wanna watch Allen v Brown! Mainly just cause Dave Allen is a funny bastard

I'm hoping Khan wins just cause Crawford made a dick of himself when he fought Horn and I'm not a Horn fan haha

I think Khan can make it a close fight but also won't be surprised if Crawford out skills him
jemcee
4/19/2019 6:40am
Actually I just checked that and didn't know it was a reddit link haha I'm 40 man I don't know these things haha.. So I don't know how that works, when a fight is on will there be links available when I look it up?
4/19/2019 3:08pm
Yup every fight should be up there when it's on. If you want to use acestream links just download soda player and paste the link into it when you run it. You should be able to find pretty good streams without it though. It's really the only thing I use reddit for, the r/boxing sub is good too.
jemcee
4/19/2019 5:49pm
Yup every fight should be up there when it's on. If you want to use acestream links just download soda player and paste the link into...
Yup every fight should be up there when it's on. If you want to use acestream links just download soda player and paste the link into it when you run it. You should be able to find pretty good streams without it though. It's really the only thing I use reddit for, the r/boxing sub is good too.
Good shit thanks man!!
jemcee
4/20/2019 3:17pm
I watch every big fight and have never paid for a single one. Just look up r/boxingstreams, the acestream links will usually be the best quality...
Man you're a fucken legend, just used your suggestion to watch the Allen Brown fight! and will be using it for the Khan Crawford! I was spewin I wasn't gonna get to see these fights not to mention the ones comin, but yeah nah gonna get to! haha

Fucken GET IN!! (haha thought I'd better add some of your native tongue)
4/20/2019 5:30pm
jemcee wrote:
Man you're a fucken legend, just used your suggestion to watch the Allen Brown fight! and will be using it for the Khan Crawford! I was...
Man you're a fucken legend, just used your suggestion to watch the Allen Brown fight! and will be using it for the Khan Crawford! I was spewin I wasn't gonna get to see these fights not to mention the ones comin, but yeah nah gonna get to! haha

Fucken GET IN!! (haha thought I'd better add some of your native tongue)
Ha this is why I'm sitting laughing at people who pay for boxing and MMA, you can find some really good quality streams even on mobile. Have to admit it was my first time watching a full Allen fight, not high class boxing but at least they went at it unlike Chisora and the other dude. I was sort of wondering why he was the main but he proved himself worthy plus he is a legend behind the mic. Thank god I have a night shift sleep pattern because I can easily stay up for the good American cards like tonight.. and supercross too.
jemcee
4/20/2019 6:07pm
Ha this is why I'm sitting laughing at people who pay for boxing and MMA, you can find some really good quality streams even on mobile...
Ha this is why I'm sitting laughing at people who pay for boxing and MMA, you can find some really good quality streams even on mobile. Have to admit it was my first time watching a full Allen fight, not high class boxing but at least they went at it unlike Chisora and the other dude. I was sort of wondering why he was the main but he proved himself worthy plus he is a legend behind the mic. Thank god I have a night shift sleep pattern because I can easily stay up for the good American cards like tonight.. and supercross too.
haha yeah I'll happily admit I'm mostly a fan of his because he's a funny bastard haha I've seen way more of his youtube interviews with that Kugan Cassius dude than I've seen his fights haha.. That body shot sure was gorgeous though!
I didn't wake up early enough to see any of the other fights, doesn't sound like I missed much haha

Funny though I had just finished watching the stream when I noticed they actually televised it on foxtel so I didn't need to worry about finding it haha..

I'm lucky over here, English Main fights normally start around 7-8am and the US is lunchtime fairly prime TV time for me! Lucky I've got nothin else to do haha

Post a reply to: Boxing fans (contains question about a VPN)

The Latest