Border states and the current crisis....

Utrider
Fantasy
1501st
6/25/2014 7:21am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2014 2:31pm
I have been kind of surprised no one has mentioned what is going on with all of the children and problems along the border.

Do any of you border state dwellers have any observations about what has been going on?
|
IWreckALot
6/25/2014 7:53am Edited Date/Time 6/25/2014 7:54am
I'm not exactly sure what you're referencing but I know Obama just released some unmentioned number of illegal immigrants. The speculated number was about 50,000 illegals. Frustrating to no end how he seems to get around every law in the book. Once you're the president, the rules don't apply to you anymore. Seems like a free for all.

And don't get my frustration confused with me not wanting these people here. I love that America has a diverse spectrum of different races. I DON'T want people here illegally and I DON'T want Mexico's riff raff (sp).
newmann
6/25/2014 8:08am
Appears to be a clusterphuck of epic proportions. Our president is having more of those transparency issues, can't talk about how many are being released and transporting them all around the country without checking for any diseases. Taxpayers don't need to know obviously.

The Shop

Bob693
6/25/2014 8:45am
I like how we supposedly can't afford to fly them back home but we can fly them from TX to Massachusetts to release them.
ehr400
6/25/2014 8:54am
My cousin is a BP Agent in Laredo Texas and he has hours of stories of the catch and release stories. Recently they made all agents turn in their personal phones when going on duty so now pictures of all the kids coming over can be leaked to the media, or basically so "it isnt happening" mentality. Also he said he is busy playing babysitter along with hundreds of other BP agents to these children because most of them have no immunizations or anything and NO ONE is backfilling there patrols.

He is trying to get back up to Detroit and hassle Canadians because him and his peers are sick of risking their lives for a BS political catch and release policy. Also he said that there has been a LARGE increase of middle eastern or Exoctics the traffickers call them being caught at the border, which of course is being reported in the news. Fucking joke,
Old-Man
6/25/2014 10:27am Edited Date/Time 6/25/2014 10:27am
Joke is right..So many wrongs to this vs whats right.
Was in Commercial construction on all levels (Labor, Mason, Foreman, Superintendent, Project Manager) all my career and a kid out out of High School could get a job and work his way up. now this is going to block those roads.

There will be two illegal Mexicans on that job site to fill what one young legal American can do for the same cost.
Reminds me of what Jimmy Carter did for the Cubans.
This is bad on so many levels.
I'm with Wreckalot. don't misinterpret what I'm saying, get them immunized learn to speak english ect. vs they way they are doing it. It's like they acted first make a plan later scenario.

I don't get it, whats POTUS big plan here?
Racer92
6/25/2014 11:45am Edited Date/Time 6/25/2014 11:46am
"I don't get it, whats POTUS big plan here?"

Thats easy. Amnesty for illegals that result in more votes for liberals and demonize conservatives who demand secure borders, deportation of illegals, and LEGAL immigration enforcement.
Utrider
Fantasy
1501st
6/25/2014 12:24pm
I have just been amazed at how well the party in power has been able to keep this off the front pages and airwaves. While I get they are in the tank for Obama and his crew, you would think the spectacle of this flood of humanity would at least attract SOME curiosity.

I have heard about the Border Patrol agents not being able to take their personal cell phones with them, which raises more questions still.

Don't really consider myself a conspiracy theorist, but just looking around at everything that is going on and the lack of concern or reporting by the majority of media has me concerned.
6/25/2014 12:33pm
Utrider wrote:
I have just been amazed at how well the party in power has been able to keep this off the front pages and airwaves. While I...
I have just been amazed at how well the party in power has been able to keep this off the front pages and airwaves. While I get they are in the tank for Obama and his crew, you would think the spectacle of this flood of humanity would at least attract SOME curiosity.

I have heard about the Border Patrol agents not being able to take their personal cell phones with them, which raises more questions still.

Don't really consider myself a conspiracy theorist, but just looking around at everything that is going on and the lack of concern or reporting by the majority of media has me concerned.
I don't remember the last time I heard any story about any troops dying overseas either. Things must be going great over there.

It's crazy that there are five stories about gay marriage every day but no real information about anything that he is actually doing. I do like that they have finally caught on though when he pretends that he didn't know anything about whatever the latest scandal is.
thesadguy
6/25/2014 1:01pm
This whole situation makes me feel like my country is getting invaded and I can only sit back and watch.
oldAFI
6/25/2014 1:26pm
thesadguy wrote:
This whole situation makes me feel like my country is getting invaded and I can only sit back and watch.
LOL, 1st world problems, eh whitey?
Bob693
6/25/2014 2:43pm Edited Date/Time 6/25/2014 3:16pm
thesadguy wrote:
oldAFI wrote:
You'd probably feel a little different if the 3rd world was filling up your neighborhood. I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem if 30 people from Central America moved in next door huh? You're a joke.
motoracer633
6/25/2014 6:19pm
That war on drugs and being against legalizing drugs is working out so well. Let's blame this president on problems that have been stirring for decades, it seems to be the answer to everything.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
6/25/2014 7:37pm
The real big problem is not just the cost, but the dumbing down of our kids. These kids will get put in the school system
and then the class needs to move slower to accommodate the kids who are language impaired. The net effect is that our kids who live and grow up here get schooling that is geared to someone who can't understand the language. And they wonder why our schools are producing graduating classes that can't make it in college. And if you put them in separate classes then come the accusations of racism and discrimination. The federal government is supposed to protect our soil from such invasions. Yes when the numbers are what they are, it's an invasion. The cartels love it, instead of smuggling a cargo that they have to hide, they now smuggle a cargo (humans) that their goal is to turn over to the Border Patrol without any penalties. Yes the idea is to actually get caught.
Yesterday there was big city council meeting about converting an old nursing home into a "youth processing center". The feds have already started moving forward but I think the push back was too much. They claim they would infuse $8.5mil into the local economy if we let them ship the illegal kids here for processing. Rubbish.
They will spend billions of dollars to support this wave of illegal immigration but they won't get our marine out of a TJ jail.
Our government is so screwed up!!!!!
TM
thesadguy
6/25/2014 9:19pm
thesadguy wrote:
oldAFI wrote:
Bob693 wrote:
You'd probably feel a little different if the 3rd world was filling up your neighborhood. I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem if 30 people from...
You'd probably feel a little different if the 3rd world was filling up your neighborhood. I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem if 30 people from Central America moved in next door huh? You're a joke.
exactly. White flight bitches
teggers
6/25/2014 11:49pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2014 12:05am
I am conservative...even tea party. I am not necessarily a republican after today's election concerning Thad Cochran. I understand the anger. The frustration is peaking.
Azcrf331
6/26/2014 12:15am
Anymore this what I think of our hypocritical neighbors to the south!!!

IWreckALot
6/26/2014 5:52am
Racer92 wrote:
[b]"I don't get it, whats POTUS big plan here?"[/b] Thats easy. Amnesty for illegals that result in more votes for liberals and demonize conservatives who demand...
"I don't get it, whats POTUS big plan here?"

Thats easy. Amnesty for illegals that result in more votes for liberals and demonize conservatives who demand secure borders, deportation of illegals, and LEGAL immigration enforcement.
They don't even have to be legal to vote. . . Equal rights. I'm just glad we don't border Iraq, North Korea or any other terrorist harboring country. Obama would be having cultural tea in the mornings with them and just trade jokes all day.
Bob693
6/26/2014 6:05am
teggers wrote:
I am conservative...even tea party. I am not necessarily a republican after today's election concerning Thad Cochran. I understand the anger. The frustration is peaking.
I think Thad only won because they had 35,000 democrats vote in the republican primary.
Old-Man
6/26/2014 12:16pm
thesadguy wrote:
Kinda feel like this Pic? America is the plane......
Utrider
Fantasy
1501st
6/26/2014 4:41pm
That war on drugs and being against legalizing drugs is working out so well. Let's blame this president on problems that have been stirring for decades...
That war on drugs and being against legalizing drugs is working out so well. Let's blame this president on problems that have been stirring for decades, it seems to be the answer to everything.
You may want to get another source for the information you expose yourself to. Based on most of your posts, I can only conclude that you're ignorant to what is going on in the world around you.

thesadguy
6/26/2014 7:05pm
Old-Man wrote:
Kinda feel like this Pic? America is the plane...... [img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-k0yRnpy50Qs/U3J8Lhvli0I/AAAAAAAAAB0/uhagNRUE-nM/w771-h768-no/travel-around-the-world.jpg[/img]
yep
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
6/27/2014 4:25pm
ToolMaker wrote:
The real big problem is not just the cost, but the dumbing down of our kids. These kids will get put in the school system and...
The real big problem is not just the cost, but the dumbing down of our kids. These kids will get put in the school system
and then the class needs to move slower to accommodate the kids who are language impaired. The net effect is that our kids who live and grow up here get schooling that is geared to someone who can't understand the language. And they wonder why our schools are producing graduating classes that can't make it in college. And if you put them in separate classes then come the accusations of racism and discrimination. The federal government is supposed to protect our soil from such invasions. Yes when the numbers are what they are, it's an invasion. The cartels love it, instead of smuggling a cargo that they have to hide, they now smuggle a cargo (humans) that their goal is to turn over to the Border Patrol without any penalties. Yes the idea is to actually get caught.
Yesterday there was big city council meeting about converting an old nursing home into a "youth processing center". The feds have already started moving forward but I think the push back was too much. They claim they would infuse $8.5mil into the local economy if we let them ship the illegal kids here for processing. Rubbish.
They will spend billions of dollars to support this wave of illegal immigration but they won't get our marine out of a TJ jail.
Our government is so screwed up!!!!!
TM
I live about a mile down Avenida Del Diablo from that location. Is my street's name ironic, or what?
AZ35
Fantasy
489th
6/27/2014 11:37pm
thesadguy wrote:
Old-Man wrote:
Kinda feel like this Pic? America is the plane...... [img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-k0yRnpy50Qs/U3J8Lhvli0I/AAAAAAAAAB0/uhagNRUE-nM/w771-h768-no/travel-around-the-world.jpg[/img]
Well, if they were hot chicks like the photo we could probably make some exceptions....

But the whole child immigrant subject is pretty complicated and really a fucked up mess. They get sent here with smugglers, parents are back home. They get caught, and are just children not really doing anything illegal (other than being here which was not their choice).

We cannot just release them on their own (here), we cannot just send them back to whatever country they came from (not Mexico in most cases), and expect that somehow they will be allowed in and if they are they will somehow make their way back to their family. No one will accept that liability.

So what do we do? In the current situation, just ship them all to Arizona makeshift detention centers and pay big money to babysit thousands of kids who are helpless and lost. A mix of part jail because they cannot leave, but we don't really want them, yet we have no where to send them.

I am far from an advocate of "reform" of immigration policies, but this one is just a f'ed up mess.
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2361st
6/28/2014 10:15pm Edited Date/Time 6/28/2014 10:16pm
Bob693 wrote:
You'd probably feel a little different if the 3rd world was filling up your neighborhood. I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem if 30 people from...
Nah, he would buy a sack of dope from them and go smoke up. . .that's the way he rolls.

Wait till the cartels come into the neighborhood. . . he'll be wishing for Fast Eddy and his arsenal.

Woohoo
oldAFI
6/29/2014 1:33am
Bob693 wrote:
Nah, he would buy a sack of dope from them and go smoke up. . .that's the way he rolls. Wait till the cartels come into...
Nah, he would buy a sack of dope from them and go smoke up. . .that's the way he rolls.

Wait till the cartels come into the neighborhood. . . he'll be wishing for Fast Eddy and his arsenal.

Woohoo

The cartels are not coming. And yes I'm down with all ethnicities living anywhere. Probably cause I'm a little more empathetic than the gun lovin cat killin crowd.Smile
6/29/2014 5:25am
oldAFI wrote:
The cartels are not coming. And yes I'm down with all ethnicities living anywhere. Probably cause I'm a little more empathetic than the gun lovin cat...

The cartels are not coming. And yes I'm down with all ethnicities living anywhere. Probably cause I'm a little more empathetic than the gun lovin cat killin crowd.Smile
Volunteer dude. Put your house where your mouth is. Bring in a pack of illegals and let them live in your house. Maybe they'll even have some weed and you can get high together.
6/29/2014 5:30am
oldAFI wrote:
The cartels are not coming. And yes I'm down with all ethnicities living anywhere. Probably cause I'm a little more empathetic than the gun lovin cat...

Yeah, no way the cartels are coming. NEWS FLASH: They are already here - along with a lot of other criminals.
Racer92
6/29/2014 5:46am
Volunteer dude. Put your house where your mouth is. Bring in a pack of illegals and let them live in your house. Maybe they'll even have...
Volunteer dude. Put your house where your mouth is. Bring in a pack of illegals and let them live in your house. Maybe they'll even have some weed and you can get high together.
Its always the whiney liberals who dont even live in a border state that holler loudest about 'empathy' and all that bullshit.

Do as I say, not as I do.

Post a reply to: Border states and the current crisis....

The Latest