Blackberry Smoke

Foghorn
Love these guys. I'm doing a few covers including this one. The chicks are sitting in puddles, well at least my wife is Smile Any similar bands out there other than Skynyrd, Satellites etc.?

https://youtu.be/BzoVLDdHwW4
|
Foghorn
12/19/2017 6:50pm
Strap on a set of nuts and throw something out there!!
plowboy
12/19/2017 7:00pm
Bio says they're from Georgia....country rock. I don't listen to country music because it usually makes me cry. Country music is the MOST real and relatable music created in the world. There's lots of great music in every genre but if you want something to move your soul...modern country artists have found the formula/recipe. I'm not referring to simply musicianship but the basic message of the lyrics.
JAFO92
12/19/2017 7:02pm
I love them dudes, DirtyFilter turned me on to them years ago. They do a mean cover on Workin' for MCA.

I just got back from my music room, this week Ive been learning the slide to Curtis Loew in standard tuning.
yz763
12/20/2017 5:35am Edited Date/Time 12/20/2017 5:38am
I love Blackberry Smoke! I always say these guys got me through my divorce alive. I have seen them in concert quite a few times and they always rock out! I call them indi/ southern/ classic rock. They aren't really country......15% country, 50% rock, 35% southern. Without a doubt my favorite band.
That song is a good one. Check out,

Sunrise in Texas
Good One Coming On
Rock and Roll Again
Muscadine
Too High
Who Invented the Wheel

to name a few. Again, I love these guys!

The Shop

Falcon
Fantasy
856th
12/20/2017 10:39am
plowboy wrote:
Bio says they're from Georgia....country rock. I don't listen to country music because it usually makes me cry. Country music is the MOST real and relatable...
Bio says they're from Georgia....country rock. I don't listen to country music because it usually makes me cry. Country music is the MOST real and relatable music created in the world. There's lots of great music in every genre but if you want something to move your soul...modern country artists have found the formula/recipe. I'm not referring to simply musicianship but the basic message of the lyrics.
You ain't kidding, man. Any time someone mentions how he was drunk the day his momma got out of prison, then had to borrow a friend's car because his beat up old truck finally gave up the ghost while he was was out burying the family dog that got hit by a train.... man that gets you right in the feels.

Wink
motomojo
8/24/2018 11:58pm
Foghorn wrote:
Love these guys. I'm doing a few covers including this one. The chicks are sitting in puddles, well at least my wife is :) Any similar...
Love these guys. I'm doing a few covers including this one. The chicks are sitting in puddles, well at least my wife is Smile Any similar bands out there other than Skynyrd, Satellites etc.?

https://youtu.be/BzoVLDdHwW4
Yes indeed these guys do it up right.
Similar bands you should check out if you haven't already..

The Bluefields:

Dan Baird and Homemade Sin:

"
And of course the band that without which there would be no bands like Blackberry Smoke nor any other "Americana"
better known back in the day as Cow Punk the founders of the genre.
Jason and the Scorchers:

Foghorn
8/27/2018 3:30pm
motomojo wrote:
Yes indeed these guys do it up right. Similar bands you should check out if you haven't already.. The Bluefields: [embed] https://youtu.be/6pHAH-WWDsQ [/embed] Dan Baird and...
Yes indeed these guys do it up right.
Similar bands you should check out if you haven't already..

The Bluefields:

Dan Baird and Homemade Sin:

"
And of course the band that without which there would be no bands like Blackberry Smoke nor any other "Americana"
better known back in the day as Cow Punk the founders of the genre.
Jason and the Scorchers:

Some awesome stuff there. I've been into Paul Kelly from Australia for a long time as well. Been learning a few more by him including this one. Gets the crowd around the campfire going!

https://youtu.be/VyuQvbpiAp8

Post a reply to: Blackberry Smoke

The Latest