Black biker with gun pulled over by cops

newmann
and no one got shot. Amazing how far a little common courtesy will get you. Between that and the CHL license, he ended up just getting a warning. Wink

https://youtu.be/YpTXeY6Bq7U
|
motoxracer723
10/4/2016 3:24pm
True human decency on both ends. I've been in both situations and it puts a smile on my face to see a cop doing his job in a professional manner. I've also met the asshole cop who rushes you because you didn't stop for a full 3 seconds at the stop sign. Just like normal people there are both kinds out there.

This guy didn't hurt anyone regardless of his breaking of posted speed limits and splitting lanes and should be treated as such.

Good on both parties.
Ted722
10/4/2016 3:40pm
Thanks for posting. He uploaded video Sept. 3rd and it's got 365,000 views. Cool.
reded
10/4/2016 4:12pm Edited Date/Time 10/4/2016 4:12pm
Sad part is, this video will never see the light of day with the MSM due to no "racism", no "bigotry" and no shots fired.
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
10/4/2016 4:30pm Edited Date/Time 10/4/2016 4:31pm
CNN will edit the video to show him being shot..

The Shop

Uncle Tony
10/4/2016 4:40pm
See what happens when you act polite and comply? Thanks for posting
agn5009
10/4/2016 5:03pm
Cool. Soon we'll have the donkeys in here saying it was an illegal seizure and all that nonsense. This is how 99℅ of the police interactions go. But obviously "police pull black man over, issue written warning" isn't a good news article.
motoxracer723
10/4/2016 6:46pm
agn5009 wrote:
Cool. Soon we'll have the donkeys in here saying it was an illegal seizure and all that nonsense. This is how 99℅ of the police interactions...
Cool. Soon we'll have the donkeys in here saying it was an illegal seizure and all that nonsense. This is how 99℅ of the police interactions go. But obviously "police pull black man over, issue written warning" isn't a good news article.
I don't know about 99% dude. I'm educated, white, and pretty lawful.
That said, if I've had 10 police interactions in my life MAYBE 5 were a situation with the professionalism exhibited in this video.
The others were much less than that.
My point being there are plenty of officers with hardons to show and enforce their power, regardless of if you rolled a stop sign or spit in their face you might be treated the same shitty way.

I'm in full agreement that this is not catching attention because it doesn't fit the 'incite conflict' agenda of mass media. Divide and conquer.
10/4/2016 8:06pm
I've come into contact with two dousche bag cops and a lot of great cops.

Amazing how black doesn't matter when the black guy has a bike with insurance thats registered to his name with a valid conceal license. Although he coulda got popped for printing or not concealing. Not sure what state he was in though.

Good story.
GIwasB4
10/4/2016 8:17pm
Bikers Lives Matter.

agn5009
10/4/2016 8:21pm
agn5009 wrote:
Cool. Soon we'll have the donkeys in here saying it was an illegal seizure and all that nonsense. This is how 99℅ of the police interactions...
I don't know about 99% dude. I'm educated, white, and pretty lawful. That said, if I've had 10 police interactions in my life MAYBE 5 were...
I don't know about 99% dude. I'm educated, white, and pretty lawful.
That said, if I've had 10 police interactions in my life MAYBE 5 were a situation with the professionalism exhibited in this video.
The others were much less than that.
My point being there are plenty of officers with hardons to show and enforce their power, regardless of if you rolled a stop sign or spit in their face you might be treated the same shitty way.

I'm in full agreement that this is not catching attention because it doesn't fit the 'incite conflict' agenda of mass media. Divide and conquer.
And I've been in contact with multiple shitty doctors, nurses, lawyers, engineers etc. Every profession has shitty people doing the jobs. The difference is we don't like to talk about those professions for some reason. Even though doctors literally hold people's lives in their hands, same as nurses. Lawyers are often times responsible for some people's financial well being. Engineers design essentially everything we come into contact on a daily basis.

And here's something to think about. The officer who pulled you over may have just left a certain call you couldn't even fathom being on. You have no idea what they may have been through prior to coming into contact with you. If you think for one second that going to a motor vehicle accident and seeing a child, or even a grown person dead, or a domestic with death or serious injury, or being berated because people don't seem to understand the difference between criminal and civil law, or constantly being criticized every second of every day doesn't wear on an officers temper then you're crazy.

Some cops are assholes, ain't no doubt about it. But just because one or a few haven't been "nice" to you it doesn't mean they're bad cops or bad at their jobs. Take into consideration what they may have had to deal with that particular day.
10/5/2016 1:53am
I've been pulled over numerous times for minor traffic offenses while in legal possession of a handgun. Let them know immediately up front, show your license to carry, no erratic movements or disobeying orders, be polite and show them respect and I have left with warnings for the traffic violations in all but one instance.

People that have an attitude or act like an asshole and can't seem to obey simple orders tend to have a whole lot more problems with cops than those that don't.
JAFO92
10/5/2016 6:53am
I've been pulled over numerous times for minor traffic offenses while in legal possession of a handgun. Let them know immediately up front, show your license...
I've been pulled over numerous times for minor traffic offenses while in legal possession of a handgun. Let them know immediately up front, show your license to carry, no erratic movements or disobeying orders, be polite and show them respect and I have left with warnings for the traffic violations in all but one instance.

People that have an attitude or act like an asshole and can't seem to obey simple orders tend to have a whole lot more problems with cops than those that don't.
I did my own survey a few years back, each time I ran into a Texas State Trooper, I asked them this question:

If you were to pull me over for a routine traffic citation (speeding, expired inspection, signal light out, etc) would you want me to disclose, up front, that I have a firearm in the vehicle.

50% of them told me they did not need to know that and no need to bring it up.
mxb2
10/5/2016 7:02am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2016 7:23am
I've been pulled over numerous times for minor traffic offenses while in legal possession of a handgun. Let them know immediately up front, show your license...

JAFO92 wrote:
I did my own survey a few years back, each time I ran into a Texas State Trooper, I asked them this question: If you were...
I did my own survey a few years back, each time I ran into a Texas State Trooper, I asked them this question:

If you were to pull me over for a routine traffic citation (speeding, expired inspection, signal light out, etc) would you want me to disclose, up front, that I have a firearm in the vehicle.

Most permits require you to inform the officer you are armed and have a permit to carry. Why not make it easy . Tell them. One sight of the gun without him knowing you will have his gun in your face
hvaughn88
10/5/2016 7:20am

JAFO92 wrote:
I did my own survey a few years back, each time I ran into a Texas State Trooper, I asked them this question: If you were...

mxb2 wrote:
Most permits require you to inform the officer you are armed and have a permit to carry. Why not make it easy . Tell them. One...
Most permits require you to inform the officer you are armed and have a permit to carry. Why not make it easy . Tell them. One sight of the gun without him knowing you will have his gun in your face
I was told the same thing when I went through my concealed carry class. I was told to hand the officer my drivers license and my concealed license together and then the officer would instruct me on what to do next.
mxb2
10/5/2016 7:24am
JAFO92 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
Most permits require you to inform the officer you are armed and have a permit to carry. Why not make it easy . Tell them. One...
hvaughn88 wrote:
I was told the same thing when I went through my concealed carry class. I was told to hand the officer my drivers license and my...
I was told the same thing when I went through my concealed carry class. I was told to hand the officer my drivers license and my concealed license together and then the officer would instruct me on what to do next.
I don't move my hands until he instructs me to.
10/5/2016 8:34am
Been pulled over twice carrying.

Both times hands on the wheel at 10-2. First thing I say when he gets to the window is "I am legally carrying a firearm in this vehicle. You are welcome to have me exit and take possession. "

Both times the cop thanked me but said not necessary. Asked me to get my registration and I said:" ok I would have to get in the glove box is that ok?"

I wouldn't do anything until he gave me permission. Not worth losing my life over for a miscommunication. I was on the east side of Cleveland. So these cops have to deal with real pieces of work.
hvaughn88
10/5/2016 8:37am
mxb2 wrote:
hvaughn88 wrote:
I was told the same thing when I went through my concealed carry class. I was told to hand the officer my drivers license and my...
mxb2 wrote:
I don't move my hands until he instructs me to.
absolutely.
10/5/2016 8:41am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2016 8:46am
Wow. You won't see that story on 60 minutes. In that video I shot an unarmed guy. And got killed by an armed guy I thought wasn't armed. Fuck all that. That video blew my mind like the end of inception. Twice.
JAFO92
10/5/2016 9:28am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2016 9:29am
mxb2 wrote:
You dont need a permit in Texas to carry firearms in your vehicle.

10/5/2016 1:36pm
JAFO92 wrote:

If the constitution is truly the law of the land you shouldn't need a permit to carry anywhere.
mxb2
10/5/2016 1:40pm
mxb2 wrote:
JAFO92 wrote:

Every state and permit is different. Imo it's best to inform the officer, common courtesy. To prevent any type of tragedy.
JAFO92
10/5/2016 1:52pm
mxb2 wrote:
Every state and permit is different. Imo it's best to inform the officer, common courtesy. To prevent any type of tragedy.
Dude, carrying pistols and rifles in vehicles is common as carrying your cellphone here. When I was in high school there wasnt a single pickup truck in the parking lot without at least one rifle on the gun rack.

Youre right, every state is different as was the Founders intention. In ole Tejas, we dont need a permit to haul guns around and theres no tragedies going down because of it. The only time theres a tragedy is when these morons act a fool and disrespect law enforcement and get their dumbasses shot.

JAFO92
10/5/2016 1:53pm
If the constitution is truly the law of the land you shouldn't need a permit to carry anywhere.
We've always been able to open carry a rifle/shotgun anywhere, and now we can open carry pistols with a permit.

Wont be long before we get Constitutional Carry here, just a matter of time.
Jimmy_Sloan
10/5/2016 9:49pm
Uncle Tony wrote:
Comply? I should not have to fear for my life just because I don't comply so long as I am not endangering the lives of others.
fox1nz
10/5/2016 11:13pm
1: I don't understand why the fuck you need a gun on you??
2: I think that's staged for public viewing.
Uncle Tony
10/6/2016 3:31am
Uncle Tony wrote:
Comply? I should not have to fear for my life just because I don't comply so long as I am not endangering the lives of others.
The guy got pulled over for, oh wait you're from the Pacific Northwest forget it
newmann
10/6/2016 4:39am
Uncle Tony wrote:
Says the guy who wants more laws and is afraid to go to the mall.

Post a reply to: Black biker with gun pulled over by cops

The Latest