Bits of Wisdom that only you (think you) know

Related:
Create New Tag

5/8/2020 3:14 PM

We all think we're pretty friggin smart.

What's one "useless" tip you can provide to your fellow knuckle draggers that only you (think you) know, that if other people knew, would make their lives soooo much better?

Here's an example.
If you're a coffee drinker, you know how hard it is to poor a cup of coffee, then walk up/down a flight of stairs, through a landmine field and over a wall without spilling some. My tip: while you're walking, don't look at the cup, but instead look where you're walking like normal. Guaranteed you won't spill. Try it.

What's your tip?

|

No Signature.

5/8/2020 4:03 PM

When you cut tennis balls in half you can fit twice as many In a canister!

Photo

|

5/8/2020 5:01 PM

Dirtydeeds wrote:

When you cut tennis balls in half you can fit twice as many In a canister!

Photo

Welp , i have some work to do...

|

5/8/2020 5:03 PM

It's really easy to pop a knee back into place, just straighten the knee and guide the knee cap back into place with your hand to be sure. A pediatrician let me do it one time.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

5/8/2020 5:07 PM

Photo
|

5/8/2020 5:21 PM

If you throw your 9mm socket away and write 9mm on your 10mm socket with a sharpie, you'll never lose it.

|

5/8/2020 5:33 PM

XXVoid MainXX wrote:

If you throw your 9mm socket away and write 9mm on your 10mm socket with a sharpie, you'll never lose it.

laughing this happened last night:
Forget to load toolbox into trailer, go to track, need 8mm, grab travel tool kit in truck....every socket / tool there...except 8mm.
|

5/8/2020 6:04 PM

Removing a wheel with lock nuts, hammer a 19 mm deep socket over the lock nut. If you don’t have a breaker bar, use a pipe wrench over the socket. Quick way to get your wheel off if you lose the lock key or need a new set of rims.

|

5/8/2020 9:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/8/2020 9:49 PM

For critical fasteners like your cylinder head bolts on a two stroke, put a small line down the nut and onto whatever it’s mating surface is with sharpie. That way on the off chance something were to start backing off you’ll know it right away.

Also, probably useless but something to keep in mind next time you’re building something. Steel is 3x stiffer than aluminum, not stronger, but stiffer regardless of temper. Somewhat related, adding height to a member in bending is ^3 (ie cubically) more effecting at stiffening it than adding width. Essentially, by adding height rather than width you can make something exponentially to the third power stiffer. Probably something you knew intuitively, but likely not quantitatively, do with this information what you will. . .

Edit: I should probably learn to read because this is definitely not something only I would know, at least I hope not haha.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

5/8/2020 9:48 PM

How to save your fingers.

Never put them where you wouldn't put your pecker.

|

Go for it! Don't let a little thing like fear, or common sense hold you back.

5/8/2020 10:31 PM

SEEMEFIRST wrote:

Photo
|

5/8/2020 10:53 PM

Photo
|

5/9/2020 1:05 AM

Spray the bowl of your rv shitter with Pam. It prevents skidmarks, lubes the seal, and helps prevent dry docking. Win win win.

Photo

|

5/9/2020 6:15 AM

SEEMEFIRST wrote:

Chance1216 wrote: Photo

You may have just revealed a little too much about yourself.

|

5/9/2020 8:58 AM

"99 percent of everyone in the chat room is a dildo."

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

5/9/2020 9:22 AM

Gworm wrote:

You may have just revealed a little too much about yourself.

I’m not that brave.

|

5/9/2020 9:27 AM

Photo
|

5/9/2020 10:53 AM

^^^ pure fucking genius ! ! ! 👍

|

5/9/2020 11:29 AM

Kelly slaw kicked the crap out of Cole slaw.

|

5/9/2020 11:45 AM

If you’re looking for sympathy , you’ll find it between shit and syphilis in the dictionary.

|

5/9/2020 11:49 AM

Repurpose an old hack saw blade as a tape measure holder.

|

5/9/2020 11:52 AM

Photo
|

5/9/2020 4:01 PM

Photo
|

5/9/2020 9:51 PM

When you are working on anything in the garage use the 10 tool rule. When you have more than 10 tools out of the tool box its time to wipe all the tools down and put them back in the box and then start all over working again. Cuts down on lost tools and much easier to restart clean and neat. cool

|

Ed Johnson

5/10/2020 5:37 AM

Photo
|

"We don't rent pigs."

5/10/2020 6:52 AM

Photo
|

5/10/2020 7:01 AM

The best way to get drunk for free while in Vegas is to sit at one of those video roulette tables and just put one dollar on red and one dollar on black and take advantage of the free cocktail service. But don't skimp out on the tip for the waitress.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

5/10/2020 7:44 AM

Peel a banana from the bottom side. 10 times easier

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

5/10/2020 7:53 AM

To remove a bushing from a blind hole, fill the bushing about 3/4 full with grease, then put the shaft back in the bushing and pop it with a mallet.

The hydraulic action will push the bushing out.

|

Go for it! Don't let a little thing like fear, or common sense hold you back.

5/10/2020 8:28 AM

smashingpumpkins167 wrote:

The best way to get drunk for free while in Vegas is to sit at one of those video roulette tables and just put one dollar on red and one dollar on black and take advantage of the free cocktail service. But don't skimp out on the tip for the waitress.

I'll just give her a nice tip out of my winnings.

|