Bike storage

JWACK
How many of you use a TuffShed of some sort as a bike shop?
Im thinking about spending about 7k on a 16x20 that I can later turn into a wood shop when I build my dream garage in a few years?? Any ideas??
|
newmann
7/26/2018 8:28pm
Local guy here has a small bike/mechanic shop in two 8'x40' shipping containers that he joined together. Not a bad setup and the industrial lot where it is tucked in, it blends in quite well. I bought a 8x40 hi-cap (9 or 9 1/2 ft tall) to store a bunch of my excess crap in that I was tired of tripping over.

I know several people who have set up home shops in portable buildings, some were extremely well outfitted. Also, as long as it isn't on a slab it won't affect your appraised value in many areas. Wink
JWACK
7/27/2018 4:04am
newmann wrote:
Local guy here has a small bike/mechanic shop in two 8'x40' shipping containers that he joined together. Not a bad setup and the industrial lot where...
Local guy here has a small bike/mechanic shop in two 8'x40' shipping containers that he joined together. Not a bad setup and the industrial lot where it is tucked in, it blends in quite well. I bought a 8x40 hi-cap (9 or 9 1/2 ft tall) to store a bunch of my excess crap in that I was tired of tripping over.

I know several people who have set up home shops in portable buildings, some were extremely well outfitted. Also, as long as it isn't on a slab it won't affect your appraised value in many areas. Wink
Thanks Newmann, I wanted a shipping container originally but my back yard access has small curve that the container just won't make it around while loaded on the truck. I was quoted a shite ton for a crain job so that's out of the question.
I also like the idea of my property taxes not going up. I already pay the man enough of my hard earned dollars. I think I'm going to try a 16x20 portable and see how it works out for a little while.

Post a reply to: Bike storage

The Latest