8/19/2018 12:19 PM

|

8/19/2018 12:24 PM

Live stream

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bVsFvKVwPl0

5 drivers in med center,awake,wicken s to hospital

|

8/19/2018 12:48 PM

I think those open wheel cars and high speed speedways, aren't a very good match

|

8/19/2018 1:36 PM

Was watching imsa at vir between mowing the lawn ... thank God he's ok respectively

NHRA just gave their best wishes on their telecast so you know this one was horrible.

Was announcing a local mx race last night hoping young Mr Torp a speedy recovery as he was back boarded but not transfered to the hospital. Caution being well served by the medic crew.

Hope you all race safe today.

|

8/19/2018 1:52 PM

Fast as lightning but fragile as a butterfly wing. Not for the ham fisted for sure.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

8/19/2018 5:57 PM

KMC440 wrote:

Was watching imsa at vir between mowing the lawn ... thank God he's ok respectively

NHRA just gave their best wishes on ...more

I hoped legge would win vir . I always think of road America when I see the name and the crash she had. She is our sabine Schmidt.

Watched vln 6 hr from nordecleift nurburgring and sabine was rolling till crashing.

The 4 and 6 hr races from Silverstone were great,like me some sports car racing.

|

8/20/2018 9:40 AM

Any updates for wickens?

|

8/20/2018 11:38 AM

Kyle_McNab wrote:

Any updates for wickens?

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/indy-car-pocono-robert-wickens-crash-1.4791058

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Empty a bag of skittles into the toilet and then flush. It's like watching a five second long nascar race.

8/20/2018 12:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/20/2018 12:07 PM

on one of the camera angles hunter rayes rollbar behind his head was split in half...........could have been bad......and for sure wickens very lucky............not sure what answers are but the fencing needs a remake like safer walls........would be expensive but maybe giant sheets of super plexiglass???? not sure how to stop 200 mph missiles?!??!

|

8/22/2018 5:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2018 6:04 PM

Kyle_McNab wrote:

Any updates for wickens?

Not much details but he underwent a successful surgery for a spinal injury.

T-shirts are for sale with the proceeds going towards finding a cure for paralysis.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/23/2018 1:41 PM

Kyle_McNab wrote:

Any updates for wickens?

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Not much details but he underwent a successful surgery for a spinal injury.

T-shirts are for sale with the proceeds going ...more

Ya i saw that’s really sad . He was 6th in points which is pretty good for a rookie

|

8/24/2018 10:58 AM

We were working the race when Kenny Brack hit the fence at TMS.
Somebody found his clutch pedal in the stands.

That section of stands was closed to spectators for that race fortunately.

In order for catch fences to work, there needs to be vertical support. That's the part that does all the damage.

Sure don't have an answer.

|

Go for it! Don't let a little thing like fear, or common sense hold you back.

8/24/2018 11:45 AM

SEEMEFIRST wrote:

We were working the race when Kenny Brack hit the fence at TMS.
Somebody found his clutch pedal in the stands.

That section ...more

I think adding another 4-5 feet to the safer barrier would really take away the need for any crazy fence overhaul. Just take a look at Knoxville Speedway, they have a massive Armco barrier to keep the sprint cars out of the fences.

This is scary to read "The extent of the spinal cord injury remains indeterminate”, is he dealing with paralysis or partial paralysis? https://racer.com/2018/08/24/updated-extent-of-wickens-spinal-injury-still-indeterminate/

Photo

|

War Eagle

8/24/2018 1:42 PM

mauidex wrote:

on one of the camera angles hunter rayes rollbar behind his head was split in half...........could have been bad......and for ...more

The roll bar was not split in half.

The camera on top of it was taken off though, and the carbon cover was damaged. There is a very hefty tubular steel structure under that cover that is bolted to the monocoque in 4 places. It was completely intact.

But absolutely, yes, it was too close for comfort!

|

“If I remember how this worked, you’d put a side on, and then you’d go and have something to eat, and then you’d put another side on.” … Mick Jagger