Best fishing photo!

Related:
Create New Tag

7/4/2020 11:21 PM

This is a Blue Tusk fish which live on the Great Barrier Reef. Best tasting reef fish there is and they don’t get much bigger than this.
Photo

|

7/4/2020 11:57 PM

A lot of people target those while spear fishing. Nice fish man!!!

|

7/5/2020 12:03 AM

Chance1216 wrote:

A lot of people target those while spear fishing. Nice fish man!!!

Thanks mate. I’d love to go fishing in WA.

|

7/5/2020 12:06 AM

Chance1216 wrote:

A lot of people target those while spear fishing. Nice fish man!!!

fastchookracing wrote:

Thanks mate. I’d love to go fishing in WA.

Caught in a 14 foot tinnie on a hand line 500m from beach. Luck.
Photo
Photo

|

7/5/2020 12:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/5/2020 12:44 AM

Looks like dinner is at your place.
Washington is pretty good for fishing. Mainly salmon. There is however, lingcod, greenling, halibut, rockfish and sea bass

|

7/5/2020 12:47 AM

Photo
Photo
|

7/5/2020 1:02 AM

Chance1216 wrote:

Looks like dinner is at your place.
Washington is pretty good for fishing. Mainly salmon. There is however, lingcod, greenling, halibut, rockfish and sea bass

Beautiful. In complete honesty, as a fisherman, if u come to North Queensland Australia I’ll sort it out for you. I’d love to catch some of your species too!

|

7/5/2020 1:05 AM

Chance1216 wrote: Photo
Photo

Cold water species? More oily? Don’t get me wrong, nothing wrong with that! Warm water coral fish are very white flesh and not oily. Just interested.

|

7/5/2020 1:08 AM

Chance1216 wrote: Photo
Photo

These r coral trout. Photo


|

7/5/2020 1:15 AM

Fishing transcends culture. Jesus was a fisherman. I’m not religious, just sayin 😊

|

7/5/2020 5:58 AM

Photo

Took this one friday , its not a giant fish but the jet boat in the background was cool.
|

7/5/2020 6:11 AM

Photo
|

7/5/2020 8:22 AM

My nephew’s buddy caught this grass carp in the neighborhood pond, Cumming GA.
Photo

|

7/5/2020 10:17 AM

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
|

7/5/2020 2:14 PM

Chance1216 wrote:

A lot of people target those while spear fishing. Nice fish man!!!

fastchookracing wrote:

Thanks mate. I’d love to go fishing in WA.

I fished every river in America, including the hudson in nyc. 1989 to 98 I worked on the worlds strongest horizontal drill rig, projects where for big gas lines. We drilled under the rivers. I just bought a cheap zepco 33 or 600 real and would tie the pole to a tree. End the day I would check it, a lot of times it was stolen. Funny the guys would ask, did ya get a fish? I would say no, but my pole got stolen. We had a 12 ft John boat also, with a 9.9 engine. To get across the river, to survey or pick a crew member, get food or transport our girlfriends from Quebec. Like the Ottawa river project.smile I fished the Columbia river in Wenatchee Wa. Hard at night, I brought a girlfriend . Big mistake I kept saying give me 30!more minutes. I wanted a steal head samon bad.

|

7/5/2020 4:27 PM

These are old pictures, I need to find some more current ones. Photo
Baby grouper.
Photo
My wife loves to catch some red fish
Photo
My old boss and a nice gag grouper

|

7/5/2020 4:39 PM

Not mine but my Mom’s husband. Naturally all I caught was a buzz. Photo

|

7/5/2020 5:05 PM

Ancient photo. Don't have any recent ones. Caught these with mi' mano's ! laughing
Photo


|

7/5/2020 5:09 PM

fastchookracing wrote:

Cold water species? More oily? Don’t get me wrong, nothing wrong with that! Warm water coral fish are very white flesh and not oily. Just interested.

Yes. The the water temp in summer is typically in the mid 40s before the fish migrate from the saltwater to the rivers. Rivers are almost the same since most of the water is from snow melt on the surrounding mountains. Winter time I’ve seen rivers turn into ice flows. I’ve fished in sub freezing temps every year making for miserable conditions.

As far as oily, it depends on which species of salmon your preparing. Chinook, coho, chum, pink, sockeye. Chinook is usually pretty oily but, it’s not bad at all. Just cook it a little longer or smoke it. I prefer coho and sockeye personally. Less oily, not as fishy tasting either if that makes sense.
Another good species is steelhead. It’s a sea run trout that can get fairly sizable. 14-16lbs. The average is usually about 6-10 depending on the river your fishing.

The coral trout you posted is a good looking fish. Once again, a lot of divers and spear fishers target those fish as well. Are you running across any green jobfish? Those are highly desirable table fare as well. As far as gear, are you just bottom fishing with bait or tossing lures?

|

7/5/2020 5:37 PM

Chance1216 wrote: Photo
Photo

fastchookracing wrote:

Cold water species? More oily? Don’t get me wrong, nothing wrong with that! Warm water coral fish are very white flesh and not oily. Just interested.

Chance1216 wrote:

Yes. The the water temp in summer is typically in the mid 40s before the fish migrate from the saltwater to the rivers. Rivers are almost the same since most of the water is from snow melt on the surrounding mountains. Winter time I’ve seen rivers turn into ice flows. I’ve fished in sub freezing temps every year making for miserable conditions.

As far as oily, it depends on which species of salmon your preparing. Chinook, coho, chum, pink, sockeye. Chinook is usually pretty oily but, it’s not bad at all. Just cook it a little longer or smoke it. I prefer coho and sockeye personally. Less oily, not as fishy tasting either if that makes sense.
Another good species is steelhead. It’s a sea run trout that can get fairly sizable. 14-16lbs. The average is usually about 6-10 depending on the river your fishing.

The coral trout you posted is a good looking fish. Once again, a lot of divers and spear fishers target those fish as well. Are you running across any green jobfish? Those are highly desirable table fare as well. As far as gear, are you just bottom fishing with bait or tossing lures?

Can’t say I’ve caught a job fish. Apparently they are a deeper water species. I only have access to a little tinnie so work more remote coastal reef with a rod or even hand line. Bottom fishing with bait but started trolling lures over shallow reef. Coral trout are very aggressive and will go for lures!

|

7/5/2020 11:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/20/2020 11:48 AM

Photo
Summer of 1968 at Lake Robinson in the UP.
|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

7/6/2020 12:23 PM

Photo
Photo
|

Go for it! Don't let a little thing like fear, or common sense hold you back.

7/6/2020 1:00 PM

Caught 52 walleye in Lake Erie last Friday Photo

|

7/6/2020 1:29 PM

6 per person. There were 9 of us on a charter boat

|

7/8/2020 11:26 PM

Hump headed Maori wrasse a mate caught. No take species. It swam away fine. Only reason they are no take is apparently they predate on pest species (toad fish etc)
Photo

|

7/9/2020 9:15 AM

Some nice trout in Northern Saskatchewan! Photo

|

7/9/2020 10:35 AM

Photo
|

7/9/2020 12:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/9/2020 1:34 PM

A little out of the ordinary, from my fishing trip on the Kenai from last weekend. We saw more bears than fish grin

P.S. the picture makes the bear look A LOT smaller than it actually is
Photo

|

7/9/2020 8:56 PM

zehn wrote:

A little out of the ordinary, from my fishing trip on the Kenai from last weekend. We saw more bears than fish grin

P.S. the picture makes the bear look A LOT smaller than it actually is
Photo

The opposite of the regular fish pic.

That sumbitch looks massive to me!

|

Go for it! Don't let a little thing like fear, or common sense hold you back.

7/10/2020 9:51 AM

Photo
|

Lover. Fighter. Wild Bull Rider.