Best Beastie Boy song?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/14/2017 11:45 PM

Since its an ongoing topic, I thought I would add my favorite band. Although their not everyone's taste, they were my favorite group since I was in 3rd grade. Many to choose from, but this would be my choice.

|

8/15/2017 4:00 AM

Paul revere

|

8/15/2017 4:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2017 4:22 AM

NorCalRedRyder wrote:

Since its an ongoing topic, I thought I would add my favorite band. Although their not everyone's taste, they were my favorite group since I was in 3rd grade. Many to choose from, but this would be my choice.

that's my fav too ...

they have some other good ones ....intergalactic is another good one ...and so is Three MC's and One DJ ...Fresh like a box of Krispy Kremes ..

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

8/15/2017 4:29 AM

Thats a tough one to narrow down.

"Its the new style" and "High plains drifter".

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/15/2017 6:33 AM

No sleep till Brooklyn

|

Ed Johnson

8/15/2017 6:53 AM

Sabotage. Great video to go with it.

|

8/15/2017 7:18 AM

It's hard to pick just one.

"Flute Loop" is one of my favorites along with "Get It Together" and "Egg Man". There are just so many masterpieces to choose from though.

|

I can do anything, I'm an expert.
MotoTribology.com - Motorcycle Lubrication Education

8/15/2017 9:09 AM

Fight for your right to paaaaaarty!

|

8/15/2017 9:51 AM

REM won an MTV best video award one year.... I think it was for "Shiny Happy People." That same year, Sabotage was up for the award, and while accepting it, Michael Stipe said straight up, "Uh, I think there was a mistake, because Sabotage was the best video."

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

8/15/2017 9:54 AM

My list:

She's on it
Root Down
The New Style
She's Crafty
Sabotage
Unite

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

8/15/2017 10:06 AM

Yet to see a song mentioned that I don't like.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/15/2017 10:33 AM

Sabotage
it's hard to pick just one.

I wear my BB shirt from time to time. Bought it from some rock band t shirt place I found on Googles. One sleeve is longer than the other, so I cut them both off.

My wife refuses to be seen with me when I wear it.

|

8/15/2017 10:55 AM

|

Ed Johnson

8/15/2017 10:58 AM

|

Ed Johnson

8/15/2017 3:24 PM

I taught my daughter to shake her rump when she was 2-3. All I had to do was say, "I got a peg leg, I stand on my stump-ah!"

She'd go, "Shake your rump-ah!" 3 shakes. I wish I had that on video.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

8/15/2017 4:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2017 4:52 PM

Falcon wrote:

I taught my daughter to shake her rump when she was 2-3. All I had to do was say, "I got a peg leg, I stand on my stump-ah!"

She'd go, "Shake your rump-ah!" 3 shakes. I wish I had that on video.

Thats a good one! I used to sing out, "October 31st-that is 'my day of birth", and then one or both of my son's would finish with, "I got to the party, you know I did the Smurf".

|

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/15/2017 4:52 PM

Here is a rather entertaining video:

|

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/15/2017 5:40 PM

fortunate to grow up in the 80's

anybody see the flix" CBGB"? highly recommended
|

8/15/2017 7:46 PM

|

8/15/2017 8:04 PM

NorCalRedRyder wrote:

Interesting video with the Pink Floyd amp back clips. Have you seen the original Floyd video they got that from? It's actually a full on movie.

|

8/15/2017 8:59 PM

So many good ones from those dudes....Sabotage, Intergalactic and Brass Monkey...those 3 for me.

http://vevo.ly/nU8Dib

|

8/16/2017 6:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2017 6:32 AM

MotoTribology wrote:

It's hard to pick just one.

"Flute Loop" is one of my favorites along with "Get It Together" and "Egg Man". There are just so many masterpieces to choose from though.

Love Get it together...but for me it's so much Q Tip from Tribe Called Quest (who I also really like and saw in 07 at Rock the Bells)

All good...but one of my favs is Pass the Mic

|

8/16/2017 9:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2017 2:14 PM

Huge fan. I have seen them in concert three times over the years starting back in 1985. They play their own instruments. I first saw them in a small cafeteria down in Tucson. The Lynch Mob, Ice Cubes old band open up for them.

So sad MCA passed away. Supposedly they will never play again under the Beastie Boys name.

There totally is not a bad Beastie Boy song. Each one is a little different but so true to their form.

I am in possession of the very first CD labeled Polywog Stew. Anybody hear that? It had the original four piece group including a girl.

|

8/16/2017 2:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2017 3:01 PM

rpoint116 wrote:

Huge fan. I have seen them in concert three times over the years starting back in 1985. They play their own instruments. I first saw them in a small cafeteria down in Tucson. The Lynch Mob, Ice Cubes old band open up for them.

So sad MCA passed away. Supposedly they will never play again under the Beastie Boys name.

There totally is not a bad Beastie Boy song. Each one is a little different but so true to their form.

I am in possession of the very first CD labeled Polywog Stew. Anybody hear that? It had the original four piece group including a girl.

Here is a good interview with Michael Diamond where he talks about not playing after Yauch. Seems to be in a good place. The video starts w/about 5:00 of discussion of a promo, then goes into some history, then at about 10:30, starts touching on the MCA discussion:

BTW, I had Polywog Stew on vinyl at one time.
|

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/16/2017 3:52 PM

lostboy819 wrote:

No sleep till Brooklyn

x2

|

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography

8/17/2017 2:34 PM

All of them.

Each and every freakin' one is great in its' own way.

|