Benchmade knives stepping in s%^t.

Related:
Create New Tag

2/22/2019 5:32 AM

How in the world could these guys think this was a good idea? They claim to support the 2A and have to realize that the overwhelming majority of their knives are sold to gun owners.

Photo

|

2/22/2019 9:03 AM

Because Oregon... What a complete waste of funds as well. Police Department couldn't spend $100 and get a grinder and some discs?

Why not auction the guns off if they are legal firearms?

Everything is stupid and Benchmade has made a terrible business decision.

|

2/22/2019 9:19 AM

Check out their profile on OpenSecrets. While it's not a lot of money, what they do donate overwhelmingly goes to Democratic candidates. Weird times we are in. Look through their instagram page. It's brutal.

Benchmade Knife Profile

|

2/22/2019 12:03 PM

Wtf... there has to be more to this

|

2/22/2019 12:16 PM

Why would this upset anyone?

|

2/22/2019 1:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/22/2019 1:08 PM

APLMAN99 wrote:

Why would this upset anyone?

Lots of bed wetters are upset over this story

|

2/22/2019 1:32 PM

Assisting law enforcement destroy weapons of convicted criminals, what's the problem?

|

2/22/2019 2:02 PM

I blame it on what the guns were wearing.

|

2/22/2019 2:22 PM

el moto diablo wrote:

Assisting law enforcement destroy weapons of convicted criminals, what's the problem?

Why would they need to be destroyed when they could be auctioned off to law abiding gun dealers and owners and raise revenue from the seized items? That of course is considering that they were properly confiscated in the first place. Seems there are a lot of cop haters around here and these red flag laws getting pushed are most likely going to end in some questionable actions.

But a supposedly pro 2A company cutting up guns? Yep, that's gonna piss a lot of gun people off.

|

2/22/2019 3:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/22/2019 3:16 PM

el moto diablo wrote:

newmann wrote:

Why would they need to be destroyed when they could be auctioned off to law abiding gun dealers and owners and raise revenue from the seized items? That of course is considering that they were properly confiscated in the first place. Seems there are a lot of cop haters around here and these red flag laws getting pushed are most likely going to end in some questionable actions.

But a supposedly pro 2A company cutting up guns? Yep, that's gonna piss a lot of gun people off.

was going to say something similar. I wouldn’t have thought that about benchmade.

|

2/25/2019 11:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/25/2019 11:35 AM

Dang, I just got this one and really like it. Oh well, I usually get 1-2 good knives a year.

Photo
Photo

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

2/25/2019 4:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/25/2019 4:02 PM

i was expecting to see scary black guns, not a grouse blaster

|

2/26/2019 9:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2019 9:33 PM

1 of 2 things has to happen to guns seized.

1. The owner is permitted to relinquish the gun to a person permitted to own the gun. Typically a family member or friend. This happens pretty often. Unless that gun was used in a death investigation. In that situation it must be held for 75 years after the crimes disposition.

2. After a certain amount of time, if the gun remains unclaimed it has to be destroyed. It sucks. I’ve had to watch tons of them be cut up and destroyed. Trust me, it bothers the crap out of everyone involved.

Don’t blame the police and don’t blame the people cutting them up. They don’t make the regulations that need to be followed. It would be awesome if they could be auctioned off or something. Everyone involved would prefer that. Unfortunately it’s simply not permitted.

|

3/2/2019 4:33 PM

el moto diablo wrote:

newmann wrote:

Why so anti-law enforcement?

|

3/2/2019 5:21 PM

Here in Long Beach, they auction off cars and boats that are seized. Why not guns?

|

3/2/2019 5:27 PM

borg wrote:

Here in Long Beach, they auction off cars and boats that are seized. Why not guns?

Quite a few cars and boats don’t make it to auction for various reasons.

|

3/2/2019 5:37 PM

borg wrote:

akillerwombat wrote:

Quite a few cars and boats don’t make it to auction for various reasons.

To the victor go the spoils?
An important SCOTUS ruling came down about asset seizures a couple weeks ago.
Things may be changing.

|

3/2/2019 5:42 PM

el moto diablo wrote:

newmann wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:

Why so anti-law enforcement?

Either you quoted the wrong post or started smoking crack. I just hate seeing gubmint pissing away money.

|

3/2/2019 5:51 PM

borg wrote:

To the victor go the spoils?
An important SCOTUS ruling came down about asset seizures a couple weeks ago.
Things may be changing.

I’m sure some of it gets cherry picked but shockingly a lot of stuff that ends up in the hands of police is too shitty to salvage.

|

3/2/2019 7:04 PM

You can render any firearm useless with a cutoff wheel in a Harbor Freight 4" grinder in about 30 seconds.

|

Go for it! Don't let a little thing like fear, or common sense hold you back.

3/2/2019 10:50 PM

I think by ATF regulations the guns need to be cut with a torch and through the action so that might be a boo boo by Benchmade.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.