Behind The Curve

Timo_2824
4/12/2019 3:50am
motomojo wrote:
So if these NASA photos of earth are real and to be believed how is it we didn't suffer massive earthquakes and tsunamis world wide as...
So if these NASA photos of earth are real and to be believed how is it we didn't suffer massive earthquakes and tsunamis world wide as North America shrunk by half it's size between 2012 and 13
What could account for such a size reduction which no one felt or noticed at all. Just went unnoticed and no one questions it at all just Okay we shrunk by half no big deal whats on TV tonight.

I came to it as all others. When i first heard the flat earth information i was like wow how stupid can these folks be.
This i figured would be so easy to debunk then spent a couple years trying to debunk it and couldn't.
Well lets just say i couldn't prove the earth is a ball..

I'm not about to debate the issue with anyone as it's pointless unless you decide to seriously research it.
Just know that we flat earthers didn't just wake up one morning lose our minds and decide the earth was flat.
It was as silly sounding to us as it is to you.

If you must please call names and tell me how stupid i am if that helps keep your illusion intact. I don't know you and really don't care what you think.
RK651 wrote:
[img]https://www.metabunk.org/sk/globe_comparison_with_distance.jpg[/img] via GIPHY
Yep, satellites don't orbit in a circle, they orbit in ellipses . It's also why there are super moons...
4/15/2019 2:08pm
I got a question for everyone here....

What's the price you'd be willing to pay for a "outer space vacation"?

For the "globe-ists" it's a question of what would you pay for one lap around the "globe"?

And for the "flat earthers" it's a question of how much you'd pay to have your conspiracy confirmed or possibly proven wrong?

I think if I won the lottery, there is no price too expensive that I'd pay. And as a regular income earning person I think $25k would be my limit.

You gotta think we'll see these become mainstream in our lifetime right?
borg
4/15/2019 4:28pm
I got a question for everyone here.... What's the price you'd be willing to pay for a "outer space vacation"? For the "globe-ists" it's a question...

For the "globe-ists" it's a question of what would you pay for one lap around the "globe"?

And for the "flat earthers" it's a question of how much you'd pay to have your conspiracy confirmed or possibly proven wrong?

I think if I won the lottery, there is no price too expensive that I'd pay. And as a regular income earning person I think $25k would be my limit.

Send me a postcard. I'm really bad at sitting in a chair and staring out a window.
XXVoid MainXX
4/15/2019 4:59pm
I got a question for everyone here.... What's the price you'd be willing to pay for a "outer space vacation"? For the "globe-ists" it's a question...

The Shop

4/15/2019 5:11pm

$200k huh?

Or $500m to charter a NASA space shuttle.

Hmmmmm..... that's a lot of Italian motorcycles. Decisions... Decisions.... Sad
XXVoid MainXX
4/15/2019 6:26pm
Which article? The one I linked to they paid $20M and $35M 10 years ago on the Soyuz to the space station.
4/15/2019 6:58pm
Which article? The one I linked to they paid $20M and $35M 10 years ago on the Soyuz to the space station.
Your article. Virgin Galactic. 300 deposits already paid.
XXVoid MainXX
4/15/2019 7:34pm
Oh yeah. And that was 10 years ago. They did finally fly their space plane a couple of times but haven't taken any tourists up yet. Bezos is also working on a space tourist contraption. And of course Musk is flying that Japanese guy around the moon but I think that may be costing him in the billions.
4/15/2019 7:43pm
Oh yeah. And that was 10 years ago. They did finally fly their space plane a couple of times but haven't taken any tourists up yet...
Oh yeah. And that was 10 years ago. They did finally fly their space plane a couple of times but haven't taken any tourists up yet. Bezos is also working on a space tourist contraption. And of course Musk is flying that Japanese guy around the moon but I think that may be costing him in the billions.
If I had the billions, I’d say it was worth it.

But I’d have to get a few things out of my system first...

1. I’d have to have fucked so many super models I was literally bored of pussy

2. I’d have to have already bought a sports team & won a championship

3. I’d have to at least have reached 5.0 level in tennis

4. Ridden a few laps around Mugello on my MV Agusta

5. Spent so much time on the Mediterranean coast I was bored of it

6. Paid to play pickup basketball with Michael Jordan

7. And never had gotten married & had a daughter. I dont think I could leave them behind. And I’d have to wait for my dog to pass away first before getting on that rocket. Just in case I didnt come back.
Shawn142
4/16/2019 6:45pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2019 6:46pm

It won't exactly be a "vacation" but you can go to the edge of the Karman Line (roughly where the atmosphere ends and space begins 62 miles up) as soon as next year. Both Blue Origin with their New Shepard and Virgin Galactic with the SpaceShipTwo will be flying paying customers soon. Both vehicles are currently flying and pretty well tested out.

hard2kill
4/17/2019 6:33am
Shawn142 wrote:
It won't exactly be a "vacation" but you can go to the edge of the Karman Line (roughly where the atmosphere ends and space begins 62...
It won't exactly be a "vacation" but you can go to the edge of the Karman Line (roughly where the atmosphere ends and space begins 62 miles up) as soon as next year. Both Blue Origin with their New Shepard and Virgin Galactic with the SpaceShipTwo will be flying paying customers soon. Both vehicles are currently flying and pretty well tested out.

The Karman line is not where the atmosphere ends, it is more simply just a term to govern high altitude flight. New research even suggest that the moon is within the atmosphere:

https://www.space.com/earth-atmosphere-extends-beyond-moon.html

The Kármán line is simply the highest altitude at which "orbital" speed provides enough lift to fly in a straight line that doesn't follow the curvature of the Earth's surface.
Shawn142
4/17/2019 3:57pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2019 3:58pm
hard2kill wrote:
The Karman line is not where the atmosphere ends, it is more simply just a term to govern high altitude flight. New research even suggest that...
The Karman line is not where the atmosphere ends, it is more simply just a term to govern high altitude flight. New research even suggest that the moon is within the atmosphere:

The Kármán line is simply the highest altitude at which "orbital" speed provides enough lift to fly in a straight line that doesn't follow the curvature of the Earth's surface.
It is the universally accepted dividing line between Earth and space by every government and spaceflight agency within those governments. I find your Wikipedia-like definition very confusing too. Enough lift to fly "in a straight line at orbital speed"? No vehicle travels in a straight line in or around orbit, and the very definition of orbital speed is the velocity required to orbit around a center of gravity. A vehicle at 62 miles up going "orbital velocity" will orbit the curvature of the Earth. If it accelerates it doesn't even travel in a straight line then, it pushes upward in a gradual arc.
XXVoid MainXX
4/17/2019 5:03pm
The ISS at 200 miles above the Earth is still in earth's atmosphere. If they don't give it a boost every month or so it would have already fallen back to Earth. Personally I'm not too impressed with the guys that are just going up and come back down. I think whether they orbit or not should be the determining factor and not just by reaching some arbitrary altitude number.
plowboy
4/17/2019 5:18pm
Oh yeah. And that was 10 years ago. They did finally fly their space plane a couple of times but haven't taken any tourists up yet...
If I had the billions, I’d say it was worth it. But I’d have to get a few things out of my system first... 1. I’d...
If I had the billions, I’d say it was worth it.

But I’d have to get a few things out of my system first...

1. I’d have to have fucked so many super models I was literally bored of pussy

2. I’d have to have already bought a sports team & won a championship

3. I’d have to at least have reached 5.0 level in tennis

4. Ridden a few laps around Mugello on my MV Agusta

5. Spent so much time on the Mediterranean coast I was bored of it

6. Paid to play pickup basketball with Michael Jordan

7. And never had gotten married & had a daughter. I dont think I could leave them behind. And I’d have to wait for my dog to pass away first before getting on that rocket. Just in case I didnt come back.
I don't even like getting air on my bike...hate flying in airplanes...so space travel...fuck that shit. Send me a picture Buck Rogers.
4/17/2019 7:51pm
The ISS at 200 miles above the Earth is still in earth's atmosphere. If they don't give it a boost every month or so it would...
The ISS at 200 miles above the Earth is still in earth's atmosphere. If they don't give it a boost every month or so it would have already fallen back to Earth. Personally I'm not too impressed with the guys that are just going up and come back down. I think whether they orbit or not should be the determining factor and not just by reaching some arbitrary altitude number.
Agreed. Complete a full lap or stay home and just waste the money on hookers. Dont halfass it.
early
Fantasy
2212th
4/18/2019 6:07am
plowboy wrote:
I don't even like getting air on my bike...hate flying in airplanes...so space travel...fuck that shit. Send me a picture Buck Rogers.
Seen too much of how the sausage is made to be comfortable flying in planes?
hard2kill
4/18/2019 6:27am
hard2kill wrote:
The Karman line is not where the atmosphere ends, it is more simply just a term to govern high altitude flight. New research even suggest that...

Shawn142 wrote:
It is the universally accepted dividing line between Earth and space by every government and spaceflight agency within those governments. I find your Wikipedia-like definition very...
It is the universally accepted dividing line between Earth and space by every government and spaceflight agency within those governments. I find your Wikipedia-like definition very confusing too. Enough lift to fly "in a straight line at orbital speed"? No vehicle travels in a straight line in or around orbit, and the very definition of orbital speed is the velocity required to orbit around a center of gravity. A vehicle at 62 miles up going "orbital velocity" will orbit the curvature of the Earth. If it accelerates it doesn't even travel in a straight line then, it pushes upward in a gradual arc.
Hence my quotation marks framing the word orbital. And yes the wiki definition is very oxymoronic, that is why i used it to show the absurd use of a Karman line as a means to divide the atmosphere from space. Not trying to argue with you, its just that many people already do not understand the accepted science defining the atmosphere or orbit in any depth. Adding the Karman line to the discussion just helps fuel that misunderstanding for many. I know you yourself get it (at least i hope so) just trying to keep it straight for anyone else who might be following the thread.
plowboy
4/19/2019 9:43pm
plowboy wrote:
early wrote:
Seen too much of how the sausage is made to be comfortable flying in planes?
Yes sir. I actually love flying but can never forget that there is that one fuckwit that worked on the plane.

Post a reply to: Behind The Curve

The Latest