Beer Brewing

IWreckALot
7/27/2017 12:56pm
Electro21 wrote:
Yeah, I use a HERMS setup as well and step mash. I honestly can't ever tell a difference though. Have tried entering competitions? Its fun and...
Yeah, I use a HERMS setup as well and step mash. I honestly can't ever tell a difference though. Have tried entering competitions? Its fun and nice to get actual feedback. Friends never give good feedback you can use.
Ha. I imagine we won't be able to tell a difference either but it's all good either way.

I want to enter some competitions but our beers don't exactly conform to a "style". The closest I have is the blonde which might conform to a style but outside of that, our Amber doesn't hit the mark on SRM or IBU. Our IPA I believe is off on the SRM. We don't have a stout that we can say meets our expectations yet. For awhile I wanted to enter a competition but that interest kinda got sidelined when I started reading the rules on competitions.

Have you entered any competitions?
Electro21
Fantasy
79th
7/27/2017 2:06pm
Yeah, I try and enter a few each year and then a couple of local ones. I enter the big AHA competition and out of 4 years, this year is the first time I didn't place in the first round. I might have made it, but I entered a sour beer in the wrong category according to a few beer judge certified people who tried it.

I use Beersmith when making recipes, kinda gets me in the ballpark on styles.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Beer Brewing

The Latest