Beards

Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
Edited Date/Time 4/20/2019 6:18pm

Bearded men carry more germs than dogs – study

Men’s beards have been found to carry more germs than dogs do in their fur, Metro reports.

Scientists from Hirslanden Clinic in Switzerland took swabs from the beards of 18 men and the necks of 30 dogs, across a range of breeds, and compared the results.

“The researchers found a significantly higher bacterial load in specimens taken from the men’s beards compared with the dogs’ fur,” Professor Andreas Gutzeit told the publication.

The study was originally conducted to discover whether humans were at risk of picking up a dog-borne disease from MRI scanners used by vets, the Daily Mail reports.

Instead it was found that there was a much higher bacterial load in specimens taken from the men’s beards compared with the dogs’ fur. Seven of the men were found to have microbes that were dangerous to human health.

“On the basis of these findings, dogs can be considered as clean compared with bearded men,” Gutzeit concluded.

In another study, men with beards were found to be more desirable than men without men. With many women desiring men with heavy stubble beards while clean-shaven men were rated the lowest on the overall sexiness scale.
|
KMC440
4/17/2019 4:02am
So many sperm jokes ....
can.... not ... go ... there ...
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
4/17/2019 7:02am
18 men who just came back from a strip club?

The Shop

SEEMEFIRST
4/17/2019 12:13pm
Dropbear wrote:
Reread that last paragraph
-MAVERICK- wrote:
LOL. I noticed that.
Yeah, they lost me there.
Why didn't they swab the dogs chins?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
4/17/2019 1:08pm
Dropbear wrote:
Reread that last paragraph
-MAVERICK- wrote:
LOL. I noticed that.
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Yeah, they lost me there.
Why didn't they swab the dogs chins?
I don't know but I think that study is BS. Dudes with beards wash them everytime they shower. How many times do dog owners wash their dog?
plowboy
4/17/2019 5:37pm
Beards are like tattoos nowadays. It was cool for a minute but when everybody has one...it's just follow the leader...sheeple. Back before safety razors it made sense to grow your beard. Who wanted to risk cutting off the side of your face or getting an infection from a rusty piece of metal. Well groomed facial hair can look good but the trend seems to be Abe Lincoln or the Hatfield/McCoy look. As for women that prefer men with beards...maybe they just like mystery. "I don't know what he looks like...but I'll pretend he looks like Cumberbatch under that pelt".
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
4/17/2019 6:08pm
plowboy wrote:
Beards are like tattoos nowadays. It was cool for a minute but when everybody has one...it's just follow the leader...sheeple. Back before safety razors it made...
Beards are like tattoos nowadays. It was cool for a minute but when everybody has one...it's just follow the leader...sheeple. Back before safety razors it made sense to grow your beard. Who wanted to risk cutting off the side of your face or getting an infection from a rusty piece of metal. Well groomed facial hair can look good but the trend seems to be Abe Lincoln or the Hatfield/McCoy look. As for women that prefer men with beards...maybe they just like mystery. "I don't know what he looks like...but I'll pretend he looks like Cumberbatch under that pelt".
Women prefer 5 o'clock shadow/scruff over clean shaven or full on beards. Not the first time I hear that. Many "studies" have shown that.

For the fun of it, ask women around your work place and see what they say. Ask your wife/gf and their women friends. Clean shaven will be the minority.
Jrewing
4/17/2019 8:28pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2019 8:29pm
Crusted sperm infested beards aren’t hygienic! The marketing dept at all action sports brands are shocked
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
4/18/2019 2:04am
plowboy wrote:
Beards are like tattoos nowadays. It was cool for a minute but when everybody has one...it's just follow the leader...sheeple. Back before safety razors it made...
I bet you shave your legs and arm pits with that logic. Do you?

IWreckALot
4/18/2019 6:42am
I bet they swabbed some homeless dudes and paid them $18 for their trouble.
Jimmy638
4/18/2019 10:41am
"Scientists from Hirslanden Clinic in Switzerland"
Hirslanden is a private Hospital, I suppose they could bend that like some Donkey's do here to fit their agenda
mxtech1
4/18/2019 11:54am
So riddle me this....

If a man's beard is that dirty, how dirty do you think a woman with a full head of long hair would be? Especially those that believe they only need to "wash" their hair a few times per week to keep it "healthy"
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
4/18/2019 12:28pm
I always thought Katie Holmes was a beard for Tom Cruise
4/18/2019 1:25pm Edited Date/Time 4/18/2019 1:26pm
Hell now it’s “different” to be clean shaven. I used to maintain a beard before I was in the military. I kinda laugh when I look back at some of those pictures. My wife said she likes it either way. But now I shave like everyday.
plowboy
4/18/2019 2:53pm
plowboy wrote:
Markee wrote:
I bet you shave your legs and arm pits with that logic. Do you?

No...lol. But I started shaving in the air force and I guess old habits die hard. Plus the wife doesn't like the rash my stubble leaves on her face when I get....er...amorous. My old Grandpa used to say, "A man that's too lazy to shave is too lazy to fuck". Of course, he never left the house without a fedora and polished shoes either. Different times.
SEEMEFIRST
4/18/2019 6:32pm
I've had dogs all my life, and most have been working dogs.
I can assure you that after a weekend at the ranch, my dog's hair around it's mouth will swab differently than the back of it's neck.

I just wonder what types of dogs they sampled, cuz after they eat a pile of cow shit, a dead armadillo, and kill a mole or 2, I think the result would be different.
4/19/2019 5:20am
Probably just your run of the mill house dog. Should say in the methods and the design of the study.
plowboy
4/19/2019 6:01pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
I've had dogs all my life, and most have been working dogs. I can assure you that after a weekend at the ranch, my dog's hair...
I've had dogs all my life, and most have been working dogs.
I can assure you that after a weekend at the ranch, my dog's hair around it's mouth will swab differently than the back of it's neck.

I just wonder what types of dogs they sampled, cuz after they eat a pile of cow shit, a dead armadillo, and kill a mole or 2, I think the result would be different.
Lmfao...wouldn't life be easier if we could eat like that with no ill effects. The world's food problems solved...eat shit and rotten guts...fat and happy.
plowboy
4/19/2019 8:46pm
I had a 3 year break in service from the air force from 1980 - 1983. I grew me a badass beard like the zig zag rolling papers logo guy. It woulda made Brad Lackey weep. I can tell you you for true...by the end of every day...there was a little bit of everything I had eaten stuck in that bad boy. Soup was the worst...by the time I finished a bowl...it was dripping out the bottom of my beard.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
4/19/2019 9:44pm
plowboy wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Women prefer 5 o'clock shadow/scruff over clean shaven or full on beards. Not the first time I hear that. Many "studies" have shown that. For the...
Women prefer 5 o'clock shadow/scruff over clean shaven or full on beards. Not the first time I hear that. Many "studies" have shown that.

For the fun of it, ask women around your work place and see what they say. Ask your wife/gf and their women friends. Clean shaven will be the minority.
Be careful asking those questions...next thing you are dragged into the #metoo movement.

Various times in my life I had beards mostly due to circumstances like working deep in african countries, bottle water was scarce, local water would cause you shit yourself to a slow death.

Many examples of studies can be found with a simple Google search.
plowboy
4/19/2019 9:57pm
plowboy wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Women prefer 5 o'clock shadow/scruff over clean shaven or full on beards. Not the first time I hear that. Many "studies" have shown that. For the...

Boomslang wrote:
Be careful asking those questions...next thing you are dragged into the #metoo movement. Various times in my life I had beards mostly due to circumstances like...
Be careful asking those questions...next thing you are dragged into the #metoo movement.

Various times in my life I had beards mostly due to circumstances like working deep in african countries, bottle water was scarce, local water would cause you shit yourself to a slow death.

Lol...I'm far to old to be away from a shower nowadays. You are tough.

In answer to Maverick about women's preferences re beards. I don't doubt that women find the look of a beard appealing. But the "look/appeal" of a beard isn't the same as "living" with it. I love the thought of a slutty gal but living with it...no way.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
4/20/2019 5:35am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Boomslang wrote:
Be careful asking those questions...next thing you are dragged into the #metoo movement. Various times in my life I had beards mostly due to circumstances like...

plowboy wrote:
Lol...I'm far to old to be away from a shower nowadays. You are tough. In answer to Maverick about women's preferences re beards. I don't doubt...

In answer to Maverick about women's preferences re beards. I don't doubt that women find the look of a beard appealing. But the "look/appeal" of a beard isn't the same as "living" with it. I love the thought of a slutty gal but living with it...no way.
Oh so now bearded dudes are like sluts! This guy is off the chain. SMH

plowboy
4/20/2019 8:16am
Boomslang wrote:

plowboy wrote:
Lol...I'm far to old to be away from a shower nowadays. You are tough. In answer to Maverick about women's preferences re beards. I don't doubt...

Markee wrote:
Oh so now bearded dudes are like sluts! This guy is off the chain. SMH

I'm obviously not expressing myself properly because that's not what I meant. I couldn't care less if people have beards, tattoos, piercings or whatever. I consider them "trends". In my youth I was "trendy". I've had long hair, a beard, pierced ear, bell bottom jeans, platform shoes...etc. I get it. Most of us do stuff that makes us feel better about ourselves...no harm in that. Personally, the downsides of wearing a beard eventually outweighed any benefit I felt it gave me. Also, I'm old now so trying to be trendy just doesn't work.
4/20/2019 9:22am
Boomslang wrote:
Bearded men carry more germs than dogs – study Men’s beards have been found to carry more germs than dogs do in their fur, Metro reports...

Bearded men carry more germs than dogs – study

Men’s beards have been found to carry more germs than dogs do in their fur, Metro reports.

Scientists from Hirslanden Clinic in Switzerland took swabs from the beards of 18 men and the necks of 30 dogs, across a range of breeds, and compared the results.

“The researchers found a significantly higher bacterial load in specimens taken from the men’s beards compared with the dogs’ fur,” Professor Andreas Gutzeit told the publication.

The study was originally conducted to discover whether humans were at risk of picking up a dog-borne disease from MRI scanners used by vets, the Daily Mail reports.

Instead it was found that there was a much higher bacterial load in specimens taken from the men’s beards compared with the dogs’ fur. Seven of the men were found to have microbes that were dangerous to human health.

“On the basis of these findings, dogs can be considered as clean compared with bearded men,” Gutzeit concluded.

In another study, men with beards were found to be more desirable than men without men. With many women desiring men with heavy stubble beards while clean-shaven men were rated the lowest on the overall sexiness scale.
Any strong prove?

Post a reply to: Beards

The Latest