Battlefield V

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
Edited Date/Time 12/20/2018 6:57am
Battlefield V was just revealed and the game comes out on October 19th, 2018.

The game takes place in World War II.

https://youtu.be/fb1MR85XFOc?rel=0

Things that stood out during the live reveal.

- New Multiplayer Mode: Grand Operation (Multiple game modes as you fight over multiple maps. Bigger than Operations in Battlefield 1)
- New Co-Op Mode: Combined Arms
- War Stories Return
- Able to customize your soldier's look
- No More Premium Pass (Will not have to pay for new maps, modes, etc.)
- Cool new gameplay features. If you're close enough to a shock wave it'll knock you down on your ass. Instead of a gas mask like Battlefield 1 players will instead have a tool box that will allow them to set up fortifications (build reinforcements, reinforce buildings that are blown up, dig fox holes to set up machine guns)
- Something called The Company: Your own collection of soldiers, weapons, & vehicles. Can customize how they look and play.
- Want to level up your class, weapon, etc. you'll have to put in the hours. You won't be able to purchase upgrades.
- Tides of War: Theme chapters of WWII each spanning over several months. Those chapters focus on key moments that impacted the outcome of the war. It's an evolving live service journey. The first chapter will be released in November and runs through early 2019 and will concentrate on the fall of Europe.

Multiplayer reveal will be shown in a couple weeks.

|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/23/2018 2:53pm
I knew I didn't have to see this game in order to know I was going to purchase it.

Battlefield > Call of Duty

Available for pre-order now. There's a Standard Edition and Deluxe Edition.

Deluxe Edition includes the following

- Early Access To Base Game: Deploy early into Battlefield V.

- Five Sets Of Paratrooper Gear: Customize your soldier with British Special Air Service or German Airborne sets.

- Special Assignments: Play through Special Assignments inspired by the true history of British and German paratroopers.

- Starter Assignments: Test your skills on the battlefield and gain valuable XP.

-20 Weeky Items With Airlift: Get 20 weekly Airlifts, each containing one customization item.

- Early Access To Battlefield V Open Beta: Pre-order for early access to the Battlefield V Open Beta. (Also available with the standard edition if you pre-order the game)

- One Set Of Paratrooper Gear: Pre-order and get one additional Special Soldier Set of paratrooper gear. (Also available with the standard edition if you pre-order the game)

- Special Assignments: At launch, get additional Special Assignments. (Also available with the standard edition if you pre-order the game)

- Five Battlefield 1 Weapons: Unlock five weapons for immediate use in Battlefield 1. (Also available with the standard edition if you pre-order the game)
Sunhouse
5/23/2018 3:19pm
I know I may sound lame for saying this, but this trailer sucked. It looks like they are trying to steal CoD fans. V1`s in battle, and females on the battlefield giving bad ass Hollywood style comments. Makes me puke. What has always set BF apart from CoD was their level of professionalism. I was genuinely hyped throughout the reveal, but the trailer just ruined everything for me.

Let's hope the game is better than the trailer at least Smile
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/23/2018 4:10pm
Sunhouse wrote:
I know I may sound lame for saying this, but this trailer sucked. It looks like they are trying to steal CoD fans. V1`s in battle...
I know I may sound lame for saying this, but this trailer sucked. It looks like they are trying to steal CoD fans. V1`s in battle, and females on the battlefield giving bad ass Hollywood style comments. Makes me puke. What has always set BF apart from CoD was their level of professionalism. I was genuinely hyped throughout the reveal, but the trailer just ruined everything for me.

I agree, the trailer for the reveal could of been better. I get the whole women on the battlefield thing but still. I think the game is going to be great. Not having to pay a premium to receive all the extra maps is a big bonus for me. Those things add up so I'm glad they got rid of it.

Most games concentrate on the multiplayer aspect and Battlefield is no exception. I'm pretty sure that part won't disappoint. Being able to dig fox holes and construct fortifications on the battlefield as you please will add an all new challenge.

Also, don't forget that E3 is just around the corner. I think they gave the people just enough to tease them so they'll be hyped for more content in a couple weeks.

The Shop

5/23/2018 4:14pm
Yeah that was awful. Typical marketing these days; throw load of whiz bang at the screen, half of which won't happen during real gameplay anyway (though admittedly it'd be even worse if it did) to try and evoke excitement...The equivalent of dangling something shiny in front of your face. Sadly it'll work. Doesn't mean the final product will be bad but trailers at this stage are nothing more than pre-scripted movies. Russian female snipers were a real thing so why have a sassy assassin type with a hook hand? It's meant to be BF not Dishonored etc. Again though that doesn't mean the game will be bad, still early days.
5/23/2018 4:19pm
I'll wait to see the multiplayer before I judge because I have no interest in the campaign mode.
DoctorJD
5/24/2018 5:19am Edited Date/Time 5/24/2018 5:21am
Sunhouse wrote:
I know I may sound lame for saying this, but this trailer sucked. It looks like they are trying to steal CoD fans. V1`s in battle...

No, far from lame. The trailer was awful, I'm not sure who TF their target demographic is. Not only does it look like they're trying to steal CoD fans, it looks like they're trying to draw from the Fortnite and Battlegrounds crowd. WTF is this pseudo-historical bullshit? They tried to squeeze so much action into the trailer that it just came off as a hyperactive nightmare.

I've owned every Battlefield game since Bad Company 2, including the two shitty Battlefront games that DICE put out. I need to see more, but if the trailer is any indication, then I might save my $60. Thank God I play on PC and have some other options available to me. Post Scriptum is in beta right now and it should scratch the itch for a realistic WWII game.

More importantly, Sandstorm should be releasing this Fall. If it is a progression/evolution of their (NWI) current "Insurgency" game--and all indications are that it is--it's going to be epic.

https://youtu.be/Z1OHY0qwlH0
Sunhouse
5/24/2018 7:20am
Sunhouse wrote:

DoctorJD wrote:
No, far from lame. The trailer was awful, I'm not sure who TF their target demographic is. Not only does it look like they're trying to...
No, far from lame. The trailer was awful, I'm not sure who TF their target demographic is. Not only does it look like they're trying to steal CoD fans, it looks like they're trying to draw from the Fortnite and Battlegrounds crowd. WTF is this pseudo-historical bullshit? They tried to squeeze so much action into the trailer that it just came off as a hyperactive nightmare.

I've owned every Battlefield game since Bad Company 2, including the two shitty Battlefront games that DICE put out. I need to see more, but if the trailer is any indication, then I might save my $60. Thank God I play on PC and have some other options available to me. Post Scriptum is in beta right now and it should scratch the itch for a realistic WWII game.

More importantly, Sandstorm should be releasing this Fall. If it is a progression/evolution of their (NWI) current "Insurgency" game--and all indications are that it is--it's going to be epic.

https://youtu.be/Z1OHY0qwlH0
Thanks man, I tried to be polite. What I actually mean is WTF is a female amputee with one liners, a cricket bat and blue war paint doing on this shitty "battlefield", with V1`s and generic crashes and explosions?

For now I'm not touching it, and I've played battlefield since BF2 came out. My favorite has been BF3 so far. I feel like Dice just collectively gave me a golden shower while drinking champagne with the other hand. What an insult to a strong and dedicated fan base this is.

Been checking out Sandstorm too, looks promising! RDR2, TLoU2 and Sandstorm will hopefully get me through the autumn. BF was my go-to shooter, but they will have to convince me for that to happen after this mess.
Sunhouse
5/24/2018 7:23am Edited Date/Time 5/24/2018 7:32am
Yeah that was awful. Typical marketing these days; throw load of whiz bang at the screen, half of which won't happen during real gameplay anyway (though...
Yeah that was awful. Typical marketing these days; throw load of whiz bang at the screen, half of which won't happen during real gameplay anyway (though admittedly it'd be even worse if it did) to try and evoke excitement...The equivalent of dangling something shiny in front of your face. Sadly it'll work. Doesn't mean the final product will be bad but trailers at this stage are nothing more than pre-scripted movies. Russian female snipers were a real thing so why have a sassy assassin type with a hook hand? It's meant to be BF not Dishonored etc. Again though that doesn't mean the game will be bad, still early days.
Yeah, its ridiculous mate. BF´s fanbase is quite old, as they often have been dedicated to the franchise since BF1942. They just threw that away and went for 13year olds who are sick of Fortnite, and won't be able to buy CoD. Such a disgrace!

This is sooo f´ing good!: https://youtu.be/kIGYY7H2lGs
DoctorJD
5/24/2018 8:20am
Sunhouse wrote:
Thanks man, I tried to be polite. What I actually mean is WTF is a female amputee with one liners, a cricket bat and blue war...
Thanks man, I tried to be polite. What I actually mean is WTF is a female amputee with one liners, a cricket bat and blue war paint doing on this shitty "battlefield", with V1`s and generic crashes and explosions?

For now I'm not touching it, and I've played battlefield since BF2 came out. My favorite has been BF3 so far. I feel like Dice just collectively gave me a golden shower while drinking champagne with the other hand. What an insult to a strong and dedicated fan base this is.

Been checking out Sandstorm too, looks promising! RDR2, TLoU2 and Sandstorm will hopefully get me through the autumn. BF was my go-to shooter, but they will have to convince me for that to happen after this mess.
BF3 is the standard by which I measure all FPS games. I had so much fun playing that game. BF4 was good, but for some reason it just didn't quite have the same feel.

Did any of you watch the reveal show yesterday? They had all of the DICE bigwigs interviewed by Trevor Noah. Players (certain classes) will have the ability to build (or rebuild) structures on the battlefield. They had short gameplay clip of the animation. I swear it looked like Fortnite.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/24/2018 8:43am Edited Date/Time 5/24/2018 8:46am
Sunhouse wrote:
Thanks man, I tried to be polite. What I actually mean is WTF is a female amputee with one liners, a cricket bat and blue war...

DoctorJD wrote:
BF3 is the standard by which I measure all FPS games. I had so much fun playing that game. BF4 was good, but for some reason...
BF3 is the standard by which I measure all FPS games. I had so much fun playing that game. BF4 was good, but for some reason it just didn't quite have the same feel.

Did any of you watch the reveal show yesterday? They had all of the DICE bigwigs interviewed by Trevor Noah. Players (certain classes) will have the ability to build (or rebuild) structures on the battlefield. They had short gameplay clip of the animation. I swear it looked like Fortnite.
I watched it. First post up top I listed the things that stood out.

Still think the multiplayer part of it will be great.

Never played Fortnite and it doesn't interest me at all. Cartoony stuff doesn't appeal to me. Fake guns/gadgets, no thanks. Personally I don't think Battlefield V looks anything like that.
Barrett57
5/24/2018 10:33am Edited Date/Time 5/24/2018 10:37am
What a steaming pile of shite.
peelout
5/24/2018 10:48am
gonna pre-order just so i can cancel. looks shit.
Barrett57
5/24/2018 11:47am
Just watched a breakdown, I think it will be a great game, with an awful reveal.
DoctorJD
5/24/2018 1:11pm
Barrett57 wrote:
Just watched a breakdown, I think it will be a great game, with an awful reveal.
I don't think DICE did themselves any favors with that reveal. I honestly don't know wtf their marketing department was thinking. After watching this video with DICE's design director, he gives a little more information on how the game will play. His explanation doesn't seem to line up with the teaser, but that's a good thing. In short, more hardcore, less ammo at spawn, slower (or no) health regen, no spotting (or very limited spotting), so less HUD. In his words, "We want to eliminate the spawn-run-die style of gameplay".

And fortifications. This was something that I likened to Fortnite, and I thought that's where they got the inspiration, but after watching the video, I think I was wrong. I play a hardcore modern-day military sim called Squad. In that game, you have the ability to fortify positions if you have squadmates present. Fortifications mostly consist of sandbag bunkers. It's actually a pretty cool feature. The more time you have, the more solid a fortification you can build.

DICE said they want to emphasize squad play and interaction. Nothing about that teaser gives you that impression. If this is the case, then I feel a little better about the game. Ultimately, this isn't a WWII game. It's a game set in WWII. Hopefully, I'll get to play the beta before the full game comes out.

https://youtu.be/dh4MHyozPyU
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/24/2018 2:10pm
Barrett57 wrote:
DoctorJD wrote:
I don't think DICE did themselves any favors with that reveal. I honestly don't know wtf their marketing department was thinking. After watching this video with...
I don't think DICE did themselves any favors with that reveal. I honestly don't know wtf their marketing department was thinking. After watching this video with DICE's design director, he gives a little more information on how the game will play. His explanation doesn't seem to line up with the teaser, but that's a good thing. In short, more hardcore, less ammo at spawn, slower (or no) health regen, no spotting (or very limited spotting), so less HUD. In his words, "We want to eliminate the spawn-run-die style of gameplay".

And fortifications. This was something that I likened to Fortnite, and I thought that's where they got the inspiration, but after watching the video, I think I was wrong. I play a hardcore modern-day military sim called Squad. In that game, you have the ability to fortify positions if you have squadmates present. Fortifications mostly consist of sandbag bunkers. It's actually a pretty cool feature. The more time you have, the more solid a fortification you can build.

DICE said they want to emphasize squad play and interaction. Nothing about that teaser gives you that impression. If this is the case, then I feel a little better about the game. Ultimately, this isn't a WWII game. It's a game set in WWII. Hopefully, I'll get to play the beta before the full game comes out.

https://youtu.be/dh4MHyozPyU
You can play the beta if you pre-order the game. It's a WWII game or at least the Tides of War mode will be.

In this game you can't play multiplayer alone. You'll automatically spawn in a squad. Even if you quit the squad you'll just end up spawning in another one. Then again that won't stop players from running off and doing their own thing unless there's a limit to how far away you can runaway from the squad leader.

Every single player in your squad will be able to heal one another or at least to some degree. Not sure if you can heal members from other squads. If yes it's limited. Only those playing as a medic will be able to heal any player on the map completely. Those that will truly play as a squad will be able to do serious damage.

Once your character spawns you'll have limited ammo so you'll be forced to hit an ammo cache/crate located on the map.

I think fortification is an awesome new feature. Being able to build fox holes and trenches, sandbag walls, fortify buildings/objectives with barbwire, etc will force everyone to play as a squad in order to get shit done.

Looking forward to see some multiplayer gameplay.
Barrett57
5/24/2018 2:19pm
Yeah there's is hope, the super operations sound interesting, sounds perfect for the US campaign in the Pacific.

I'm really not feeling the love for the women with bionic arms doing acrobatics with barbed wire cricket bats.

I'm hopeful it will turn out good though.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/24/2018 3:22pm
The women is part of the story/campaign mode which a lot of people couldn't care less about. There was a women that had a small role in Battlefield 1.

I'm pretty sure you can create a women to be part of your company/squad though. Not that it really matters online. No dialogue and you'll just see them running on the battlefield.
5/24/2018 3:36pm
Isnt Battlefield the game in which you have massive amounts of people online playing against each other. And unlike Wolfenstein (which I think pioneered the scaled online battles) there are many vehicle types to choose from so it’s not just a FPS but a full on real war zone?

Seems cool in concept. I tried one of the earlier versions and wasnt impressed.

I never liked CoD either.

For me, Rainbow 6 Vegas/Vegas 2 are the measuring sticks for FPS.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/24/2018 3:52pm
Isnt Battlefield the game in which you have massive amounts of people online playing against each other. And unlike Wolfenstein (which I think pioneered the scaled...
Isnt Battlefield the game in which you have massive amounts of people online playing against each other. And unlike Wolfenstein (which I think pioneered the scaled online battles) there are many vehicle types to choose from so it’s not just a FPS but a full on real war zone?

Battlefield has planes, helicopters, tanks, jeeps, quads, etc. that you can use all over the maps. You have full control of them unless of course some other player jumps in the driver's seat before you.

Battlefield 1 even has horses.
peelout
5/24/2018 3:54pm
Isnt Battlefield the game in which you have massive amounts of people online playing against each other. And unlike Wolfenstein (which I think pioneered the scaled...

Rainbow 6 Vegas was my first real introduction into online FPS... and to this day it's the benchmark for me. amazing game.
5/24/2018 7:13pm

peelout wrote:
Rainbow 6 Vegas was my first real introduction into online FPS... and to this day it's the benchmark for me. amazing game.
Yeeeeppppp.

Honestly tho usually when games release a trailer they don’t have much else to give you. I’m willing to wait and see better trailers. Marketing strategy might be to get pubg and fort nighters interested. But then later towards the release will pull the franchise purchasers in.

I think it’s probably still gonna be awesome. I play BF1. It’s the only one I play. I just don’t even bother with the rest.
Barrett57
5/27/2018 6:42am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
The women is part of the story/campaign mode which a lot of people couldn't care less about. There was a women that had a small role...
The women is part of the story/campaign mode which a lot of people couldn't care less about. There was a women that had a small role in Battlefield 1.

I'm pretty sure you can create a women to be part of your company/squad though. Not that it really matters online. No dialogue and you'll just see them running on the battlefield.
I thought battlefield one hit the mark between history and the political correctness agenda about right. It pushed reality but was believable, for example, playing as a black soldier at Verdun was entirely based in reality considering the amount of graves facing mecca outside Douaumont Ossuary. That's all I'm hoping for, just not bionic women with the British first airborne at Arnhem.
MR. X
5/27/2018 7:00am
Has anyone done a Vietnam era game ? My knowledge of wars games is super limited.
5/27/2018 12:58pm
MR. X wrote:
Has anyone done a Vietnam era game ? My knowledge of wars games is super limited.
Battlefield has done 2. Battlefield Vietnam which was for PC back in 2005ish and Battlefield Bad Company Vietnam in 2010. And the latest Vietnam game is Rising Storm or something like that. Not Battlefield EA related.
GD2
Fantasy
815th
5/27/2018 5:53pm
Looks alright. I can't say I'm super excited of this or COD BO4, but I know I'll play the shit out of both of them anyway.

Post a reply to: Battlefield V

The Latest