Bad news

bigmaico
Edited Date/Time 7/4/2018 6:24pm
After being in the Hospital & rehab for 24 days mostly flat on my back.

And dealing with not being able to take care of things at the house or do much for my self.

The wife called me with bad news about one of my dogs, We are going to have to put her down, I bummed about it, but it’s the best for the poor dog!

Don’t know how I going to deal with it not being there!
|
ocscottie
6/26/2018 11:21am
Man thats rough bro, like you havent been through enough lately. Good friend of my just had to put down his boxer on Sunday, it was like his only child, sad sad shit. I still havent gotten over losing my service dog 15 years ago!!

Hang tough buddy and our thoughts are with you,
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
6/26/2018 11:25am
She's going to go up to Doggie Heaven and meet my Boxer. He was into moto, so he'll treat her well.

You have some good luck coming your way, Maico!
newmann
6/26/2018 11:39am
Sorry to hear that Howard, pets are the best.
Mx746
6/26/2018 11:41am
Honor your dog by, sometime soon, taking in another dog who currently needs a good home. Not a replacement, just a new page to turn. Wishing fast recovery all the way round.

The Shop

JAFO92
6/26/2018 11:55am
Oh man that sucks Howard, the last thing you needed was more to handle right now. Sad
G-man
6/26/2018 12:01pm
Mx746 wrote:
Honor your dog by, sometime soon, taking in another dog who currently needs a good home. Not a replacement, just a new page to turn. Wishing...
Honor your dog by, sometime soon, taking in another dog who currently needs a good home. Not a replacement, just a new page to turn. Wishing fast recovery all the way round.
Yes that is good advice....

Sorry to hear about your dog, putting down a pet is one of the hardest things I've had to do.
But there is a time when it's the best thing to do.

When you're ready get another dog to bring back your smiles and laughter--that's what your dog would want, not to be sad.
whyZ
6/26/2018 12:12pm
The one thing that help's my wife and I when having to put a dog down is pay the extra $$ and have the vet come to your house to preform the deed. Takes a lot of the stress out it for you, and what we feel is the dog too.
jd6L
6/26/2018 12:15pm
I have been contemplating all day about starting a post discussing putting dogs down when I read this. I had to put my beloved lab down this past Saturday and have been teary eyed for three days now. Howard, you sent me a CD of Bing info which I never thanked you for, thank you, and I'm extremely sorry for your past few weeks and beyond sorry for your dog. My wife said she's never seen me cry, I said don't take a grown man's lab! It pains me to think that I could've taken her on a few more walks or given her a little more attention (as if she didn't get enough), but as others have told me, remember the good times and know that she was loved. It seems cliche, but that's what I've been doing the past few days. Wishing you all the best.
bigmaico
6/26/2018 12:54pm
Mx746 wrote:
Honor your dog by, sometime soon, taking in another dog who currently needs a good home. Not a replacement, just a new page to turn. Wishing...
All of dogs I’ve had as a adult have been rescued dogs.

Now down to just one dog, i always have two dogs at a time, so they can keep each other company while I was at work.

It will be a while before any more dogs, my other rescue dog is now 14, I don’t think the wife will let me get another one utill I get back on my feet & go back to work.
plowboy
6/26/2018 5:28pm
This is gonna make me start blubbering but I had to put my best pal down a few weeks ago. I'm not gonna go into details but he was the most loyal, devoted, faithful friend I've ever had...animal or human. Every day is a knife in the gut without him. Pit/Bully mix. Most handsome bastard I ever saw. Happy trails Frankie Blue Eyes...til we meet again. Sorry fellers but damn it hurts.
Kyle_McNab
7/2/2018 6:10pm
I’m so sorry buddy. I can only imagine how hard that is. I too have been out of work since February because of a back injury(scoliosis and protruding disc) and my lil dog was the only thing that would cheer me up or give me company. I sure you guys had plenty of great memories
rongi#401
7/2/2018 7:23pm
I can't even think about losing my dog, lost my cat of 19 years about this time last year. Still haven't gotten another cat Sad
jeffro503
7/2/2018 7:25pm
bigmaico wrote:
After being in the Hospital & rehab for 24 days mostly flat on my back. And dealing with not being able to take care of things...
After being in the Hospital & rehab for 24 days mostly flat on my back.

And dealing with not being able to take care of things at the house or do much for my self.

The wife called me with bad news about one of my dogs, We are going to have to put her down, I bummed about it, but it’s the best for the poor dog!

Don’t know how I going to deal with it not being there!
Gawd dang Howard , you have had a rough go of things lately. Losing a long time pet can be a rough road. The last dog I had was 20 years ago , and I still as of today , have his license on my key chain. Really been wanting another dog , but I don't have the room for one. So , for what it's worth , I'm sorry to hear about your dog. On a side note , I hope you are healing up ok.
jgmxdad251
7/2/2018 10:00pm
Sorry to hear that Bigmaico. My dog of 12 years died on my bed Saturday night. Brutal weekend! Bought her at a he track 12 years ago and made a ton of good memories.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
7/2/2018 10:45pm
Just over 1 year since I had to say goodbye to my best friend of 16 years. I still can't think of getting another.
Tumblin
7/3/2018 9:34am
This little knuckle head sure helped me get over Abbie our family, a Beagle. This is both their favorite morning place. Abbie's at rest under the heart shaped stones. Penny collided with Abbie Christmas morning 2012. Was a rough start but by the following Christmas they were partners in crime. I never thought I'd enjoy Weiner runt this much.
7/3/2018 5:27pm
Man that's a rough time. I'm lucky my 14 year old lab/springer is doing great. He still runs (slowly) every so often. We've had many hunts, and I luckily have his final retrieve on video, as he "retired" at 12 which is pretty good for a hunting dog in the marsh. It will be hard to see him go, I see some days off work when it happens.

Have a 2 year old Lab that is my world, smart, well trained (retriever work) and he looks out for me like no other. He was a huge help when I was stuck to the couch for a few weeks this spring, I just point at something, tell him to pick it up and he brings it right over... We have a long way to go, but when he's gone it will absolutely destroy me.

I'm that guy that can't watch a sad video about a dog's connection with their people, especially when they are a hunting pair as that is a super tight bond when you work together like we do... Got caught crying at work one day watching a stupid video on Facebook.

You'll have the right time in life to get a new companion, in some ways they won't be the same standard, but they all have their time to shine... I always suggest a rescue, I think they can appreciate it more!
lumpy790
7/4/2018 10:30am
Sorry to read this. It has been a tough day each of us has had to do it.

Instead of getting another look into becoming a foster for a local rescue group. When we foster its for 2-4 weeks till they are transported to another state. NJ & NY get most of our rescue transports.

We have had 20+ go through our home and Cooper was a foster fail when we adopted him after taking him to a big adoption fair.

My wife is now the president of our 501c rescue group and we have been able to turn the animal control into a no kill

These are some we have had in the last year....and even a tiny kitten

bigmaico
7/4/2018 12:07pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2018 6:24pm
Lumpy,

Most of my dogs over the years has been a rescue dog.

My cousin in Calif runs a Golden retriever rescue, at times she has 10 dogs in the house!

Niki was rescue from here in Houston, she was abused and tied up in the back yard.

When I got her she was afraid of her own shadow, I worked to get her past that.

She was still very stand-off with new people & would go hide in the back room.

She also suffered from septeration angsity, I would often find one of my shoes in the living room.

But she never destroyed the shoes!

I’m going to probley loose it when I get sent home from the rehab hospital & not have her there.
lumpy790
7/4/2018 12:32pm
bigmaico wrote:
Lumpy, Most of my dogs over the years has been a rescue dog. My cousin in Calif runs a Golden retriever rescue, at times she has...
Lumpy,

Most of my dogs over the years has been a rescue dog.

My cousin in Calif runs a Golden retriever rescue, at times she has 10 dogs in the house!

Niki was rescue from here in Houston, she was abused and tied up in the back yard.

When I got her she was afraid of her own shadow, I worked to get her past that.

She was still very stand-off with new people & would go hide in the back room.

She also suffered from septeration angsity, I would often find one of my shoes in the living room.

But she never destroyed the shoes!

I’m going to probley loose it when I get sent home from the rehab hospital & not have her there.
the greetings of rescued dogs when you come home are like no other.

Post a reply to: Bad news

The Latest