Assholism is rampant in here

Related:
Create New Tag

8/28/2018 1:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2018 1:07 PM

I’ll admit I’m as big of a ass as the next guy but something this week was pretty disturbing.

It involved a thread to express condolences to someone who passed away. The evil that was brought into that post was really uncalled for. If you are like me and did not care enough about the individual then it’s best to just move along. Why beat down a dead man who was obviously loved and respected by many.

Anyway how about in the future when someone post a thread about someone who has passed we make a pact. If you can’t find anything nice to say about the deceased then just scroll on down to the next thread to spread your assholism.

Have a nice day fellow dickheads?

|

8/28/2018 1:46 PM

I didn't see the thread but I agree with you.

|

8/28/2018 2:12 PM

I would bet a dollar that if you went back to 2008 you would find that the OP wouldn't have said anything of the sort.laughing

Photo

|

8/28/2018 2:30 PM

i've always liked McCain... I'm not a blind partisan like some of you folks

|

8/28/2018 2:31 PM

Plus the same douchebags that dissed on McCain swiftboated Kerry... Fucking gross.

|

8/28/2018 2:39 PM

newmann wrote:

I would bet a dollar that if you went back to 2008 you would find that the OP wouldn't have said anything of the sort.laughing

Photo

Help me out here on 2008. Trying to think what happened back then

I really wasn’t trolling. I just don’t understand how a RIP thread can get so unwound. Well I do understand, just don’t think it’s the right place for all of us to get into it. There are thousands of other topics that we can do that with ?

|

8/28/2018 2:49 PM

Maybe 6 months ago we were discussing songs that remind us of something. I can’t recall exactly the topic but fellow member posted a song they played at his mothers funeral. Another member came in and tore the song/writer/singer to shreds. Hands down one of the most classless things I’ve seen on here.

I’ve been trying to be less of an asshole around here. It’s too easy to act like a prick to people. I still have my moments but I try not to roll around in the mud.

|

8/28/2018 2:54 PM

TXDirt wrote:

Maybe 6 months ago we were discussing songs that remind us of something. I can’t recall exactly the topic but fellow member ...more

Yeah, that was pretty classless.

|

8/28/2018 3:36 PM

TXDirt wrote:

Maybe 6 months ago we were discussing songs that remind us of something. I can’t recall exactly the topic but fellow member ...more

I don’t know what it is but I do know I am am as guilty as anyone else. Maybe it’s a form of disturbing therapy for when you are having a shitty moment to come on here and get into it with people. Not healthy

|

8/28/2018 4:42 PM

Heck, McCain needed Palin to boost his numbers...lollaughing

|

8/28/2018 5:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2018 5:09 PM

I'm just glad some ahole didn't bring up John Edwards, that would have been a can of worms.

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

8/28/2018 5:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2018 6:05 PM

First of all, I read the title as "Alcoholism is rampant in here" which immediately caused me to click. lol

Second, I saw a McCain thread last night and mindlessly shared my thoughts not knowing it was a troll thread to set up a fringe right vs. fringe left showdown. The result was extremely disappointing and classless, and good on you Kenny T for recognizing and pleading for a little more civility in this place.

Third, I'm the one that made the throw-away comment of "thanks, Palin", and it sounds like that turned into a shit storm? I was gone, but if that was the comment that ignited the monkeys to start slinging poop I guess I have culpability and I apologize.

Fourth, there is clearly one asshole in this thread that either didn't read your post Kenny T or is totally incapable of understanding your point. Probably both.

|

8/28/2018 5:57 PM

Posting the name of any politician, alive, fresh dead or long dead, will result in an opinion blunderbuss. OP knew that or should have known. It will always end in a click as soon as GuyB or someone else sees it. Like starting a post with "not political". Doomed.

BTW, this isn't church. People will post shit. You're wasting electrons if you try to control it.

|

8/28/2018 6:18 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

First of all, I read the title as "Alcoholism is rampant in here" which immediately caused me to click. lol

Second, I saw a ...more

First of all, who are you to call anyone a monkey, I mean have you seen your avatar lately?

Second, ,,,,,,

|

"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

8/28/2018 10:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2018 10:41 PM

Yet nothing on Neil Simon? Ya uncultured sumbitches!

|

8/29/2018 5:10 AM

I was never a McCain fan, and I never bought into the whole 'maverick' persona. The guy voted with Trump something like 87% of the time, so that means I disagreed with him 87% of the time. But I honor his service to the country, and the fact that he was a POW means that short of getting KIA, he sacrificed more than most. I find it astounding that people can denigrate the man because of 1 vote that they disagreed with and dishonor his memory because of it. But I guess that's the state of affairs circa 2018 in this country.

|

“If I remember how this worked, you’d put a side on, and then you’d go and have something to eat, and then you’d put another side on.” … Mick Jagger

8/29/2018 7:23 AM

I think the whole celebrity condolences is way over blown if not completely asinine if there is no personal connection to them anyway. I hope some day people realize celebrities and especially politicians don't care about anything but themselves with very few exceptions.

|

8/29/2018 8:02 AM

TXDirt wrote:

akillerwombat wrote:

Yeah, that was pretty classless.

So, this is your apology, after 6 months. Not much, but considering it’s you, we’ll take it.

|

8/29/2018 8:09 AM

87% voted with trump ? Man I didn’t think the number was that high!!! I’m a conservative and didn’t care for McCains politics. But I’ll always respect the man for the sacrifice he made in Hanoi.

|

GP740
Since 1987

8/29/2018 8:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2018 8:12 AM

scooter5002 wrote:

So, this is your apology, after 6 months. Not much, but considering it’s you, we’ll take it.

I’m not in the habit of belittling things people enjoy - even less so if those things are creative.

You have me confused with someone else.

|

8/29/2018 11:04 AM

newmann wrote:

Photo

Bad art.

|

8/29/2018 12:50 PM

Might be more of a fart.

|

8/29/2018 1:07 PM

When I die say all the shit you all want to, I won't care.

|

8/29/2018 1:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2018 1:57 PM

Strange...the same ones that are singing his praise now, are the ones that were dragging him through the mud in 08. Hypocrites...

McCain has been irreverent for the last 10 years. He's the exact reason that we should have term limits.

none of that takes away from his military service, or service as a senator.

PS. I thought the title said Alcoholism as well. lol

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

8/29/2018 1:58 PM

hillbilly wrote:

We're not waiting until you die... smile

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

8/29/2018 2:17 PM

hillbilly wrote:

huck wrote:

We're not waiting until you die... smile

And I'm fine with that, some of you let this shit live rent free in your head or something.

|

8/29/2018 8:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2018 8:08 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

Second, I saw a ...more

and fourth? Who are you referring to?

|

Blur the technicolor

8/29/2018 10:52 PM

Oh come on now grape, don't bitch out now, say what you have to say.

|

Blur the technicolor

8/30/2018 12:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/30/2018 12:15 AM

It's fucked. That's why I keep my posts short or somewhat satirical.
Rarely do I read the comments on any of the social media sites I visit unless I'm looking for an explanation, or some information in regards to what I'm looking at or watching.

It's everywhere.

EDIT: I don't even feel comfortable giving my opinion anymore... Unless I'm liquored up and cheechn', look out. laughing

|

8/30/2018 12:12 AM

Okay, but grape needs to make his point.

|

Blur the technicolor