Apple TV

dadofagun
Fantasy
1926th
Ok, so I've been informed Santa will be bringing me this little box for one of my gifts this year. I was asked what kind of old classic shows I'd like to have uploaded onto it. I'm looking for some ideas as I know I've forgotten a ton of them from the last 4 decades. For starters here is where I am so far.......
Barney Miller, Seinfeld, Soap, Dukes of Hazard, That 70's show, Taxi, Kojak, Emergency, According to Jim, The fall guy, Beavis and Butthead, Cheers, 6 million dollar man, etc..... Mainly looking for old TV shows, movies and concerts I'll get into later. Any other classics you guys recommend from our youth? Think pre-cable TV......
|
SEE ARE125
12/20/2019 8:30am Edited Date/Time 12/20/2019 8:56am
Loaded onto your Apple TV? You mean buying the shows from Apple? You might be better off subscribing to a streaming service as opposed to buying them from Apple. For example, Andy Griffith Show is $20 per season from Apple. That’s $160 for the 8 seasons they have, however it’s also on Prime Video for free if you’re an Amazon Prime member. All you have to do is download the Prime Video app on your Apple TV and log in. Most of what you’re wanting is available on Prime, Netflix, or Hulu, so I would look into subscribing to those as opposed to buying from Apple. Nothing against buying from Apple, just seems more cost effective to subscribe to a streaming service because purchasing all the seasons of all those shows will really add up.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1926th
12/20/2019 8:20pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Loaded onto your Apple TV? You mean buying the shows from Apple? You might be better off subscribing to a streaming service as opposed to buying...
Loaded onto your Apple TV? You mean buying the shows from Apple? You might be better off subscribing to a streaming service as opposed to buying them from Apple. For example, Andy Griffith Show is $20 per season from Apple. That’s $160 for the 8 seasons they have, however it’s also on Prime Video for free if you’re an Amazon Prime member. All you have to do is download the Prime Video app on your Apple TV and log in. Most of what you’re wanting is available on Prime, Netflix, or Hulu, so I would look into subscribing to those as opposed to buying from Apple. Nothing against buying from Apple, just seems more cost effective to subscribe to a streaming service because purchasing all the seasons of all those shows will really add up.
I'll be honest, I'm not real sure. It's a gift from a family member, so I have no idea how they adding content to it. I'll find out Christmas I guess. Thanks for the heads up!

The Shop

Deja New
12/21/2019 12:11am
You can’t as such add content to an Apple TV you can install apps but all movies and tv shows are streamed from one source or another. I have 4 of them one on each tv as they are awesome. You will either need a netflix Amazon prime or other streaming service or purchase items through iTunes Store that you can watch whenever but you will need to stream them to as you cannot download them to the device.

Post a reply to: Apple TV

The Latest