Apple Folks

ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
Edited Date/Time 7/1/2022 12:03pm
A bit of help here please. My wife's company supplies her with an I phone 6. I would like to get her the
airpods Pro. It says they are not compatible with an I phone 6. What I'm hoping to find out is whether any of you know if that means "not all the features" or "not at all". What I'm interested in, is that she can talk on her phone and also has the active noise cancelling. She recently got hearing aids, but if the dogs bark in the house, it blasts her ears, however without the hearing aids she has trouble understanding some customers. I think the noise cancelling is in the airpods hardware system but I don't know anything about I phone stuff.
Thanks
TM
|
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
5/31/2022 12:45pm
Nvm, didn’t see you said “pro”. Looks like the iOS needed might not work with the 6..
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/31/2022 12:53pm Edited Date/Time 5/31/2022 12:54pm
Quick search says the pro version won't work. Need iOS 13 to run the pro version and the iPhone 6 doesn't support that upgrade. You can use them for music, but that it.

AirPods Pro Compatibility

According to the official Apple website, the following iPhone devices are compatible with AirPods Pro perfectly, all the features of AirPods Pro can work well. Such as active noise cancellation, transparency mode, Hi Siri and so on.

●iPhone 11
●iPhone 11 Pro
●iPhone 11 Pro Max
●iPhone XS
●iPhone XS Max
●iPhone XR
●iPhone X
●iPhone 8
●iPhone 8 Plus
●iPhone 7
●iPhone 7 Plus
●iPhone 6s
●iPhone 6s Plus
●iPhone SE

According to this compatibility list, we can find the iPhone 7, but there is no iPhone 6. Does this mean that AirPods Pro is not compatible with iPhone 6? Or the device's model earlier than iPhone SE all can not work with AirPods Pro? Such as iPhone 6, iPhone 5/5s and so on.

In fact, if you want to experience all the new features of AirPods Pro, your iDevices system require an update to the latest version of iOS (iOS 13 and above). However, the iPhone 6 can not receive the iOS 13 system update. So, the iPhone 6 can not use the ANC or transparency mode. But the iPhone 6 can still work with AirPods Pro to enjoy high-quality music.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
5/31/2022 2:22pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Quick search says the pro version won't work. Need iOS 13 to run the pro version and the iPhone 6 doesn't support that upgrade. You can...
Quick search says the pro version won't work. Need iOS 13 to run the pro version and the iPhone 6 doesn't support that upgrade. You can use them for music, but that it.

AirPods Pro Compatibility

According to the official Apple website, the following iPhone devices are compatible with AirPods Pro perfectly, all the features of AirPods Pro can work well. Such as active noise cancellation, transparency mode, Hi Siri and so on.

●iPhone 11
●iPhone 11 Pro
●iPhone 11 Pro Max
●iPhone XS
●iPhone XS Max
●iPhone XR
●iPhone X
●iPhone 8
●iPhone 8 Plus
●iPhone 7
●iPhone 7 Plus
●iPhone 6s
●iPhone 6s Plus
●iPhone SE

According to this compatibility list, we can find the iPhone 7, but there is no iPhone 6. Does this mean that AirPods Pro is not compatible with iPhone 6? Or the device's model earlier than iPhone SE all can not work with AirPods Pro? Such as iPhone 6, iPhone 5/5s and so on.

In fact, if you want to experience all the new features of AirPods Pro, your iDevices system require an update to the latest version of iOS (iOS 13 and above). However, the iPhone 6 can not receive the iOS 13 system update. So, the iPhone 6 can not use the ANC or transparency mode. But the iPhone 6 can still work with AirPods Pro to enjoy high-quality music.
So, all I want is to make phone calls and have the noise canceling. Music is not necessary. None of the other functions are necessary and she can even answer and hang up using the phone. Just need them to function as basic noise canceling headsets. I think I might have to go to the apple store and ask.

The Shop

ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
5/31/2022 2:24pm
crowe660 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/05/31/553044/s1200_55D5452F_0E16_4B9F_82B2_A685AF7AD5F4.jpg[/img]

Apparently only the pro version has the noise canceling 😞
SEE ARE125
5/31/2022 3:50pm
I think she needs to hang up on people, act like she can’t hear them, put a rag over her mouth when talking and then tell her boss that her phone is “acting weird, probably because it’s so old” and see if she can get a newer one. At least like an 11 or 12.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
5/31/2022 9:22pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
I think she needs to hang up on people, act like she can’t hear them, put a rag over her mouth when talking and then tell...
I think she needs to hang up on people, act like she can’t hear them, put a rag over her mouth when talking and then tell her boss that her phone is “acting weird, probably because it’s so old” and see if she can get a newer one. At least like an 11 or 12.
Fact checkers have determined this is the best idea.
Probably won't work but still best idea.
TM
indy_maico
6/1/2022 8:18am
Your wife's company is supplying her with a 2014 phone?

My wife had one on the Sprint network and when we had to switch over to T-Mobile they would not support that phone and activate it on their network..

She replaced it with a 13 mini.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
6/1/2022 11:05am
When covid lockdowns started she started working away from the office. There was no room for the distancing required for safe working. So they gave her an old phone they had laying around. Broken screen, no charger, just an old phone. It works but the situation could be better.
They won't update the phone because it's still functional. I don't want her to pay for a new one on her own so this what it is.
7/1/2022 10:55am
Apple pro 13 is total junk everyone I talked to says the same thing. 8+ is way better. I hv to retype every word 3 times . I can’t post a video. It constantly does weird stuff. My 8+ crashed out on the rd so I had to buy a new phone in Hagerstown Md.
hubbardmx50
7/1/2022 11:02am
Iphone 6? Dang. I remember getting my iPhone 6 plus in the mail 7 and a half years ago. The airpods should work with any device that supports blue tooth but with that old of an operating system the noise canceling and other options may not be supported. My mom recently bought the beats equivalent of the airpods at costco, forget what they're called. Those should have the noise canceling for the older iPhone and other devices. And they're cheaper than the airpods pros
7/1/2022 11:46am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2022 12:02pm
Amazon probably has some decent noise cancelling ear buds that will work with it.

Active Noise Cancelling Wireless Earbuds, Funsound Bluetooth Earbuds with 4 ENC Microphones, 38 Hours Playtime, IPX7 Waterproof Bluetooth 5.2 in-Ear Stereo Headphones for iPhone | Android, Black https://a.co/d/5Z1gojb

Post a reply to: Apple Folks

The Latest