Anyone toured Israel?

TXDirt
Our local church is setting up a 10 day trip to Israel for later in the year. Considering going on it. My wife doesn't want us both to go because she is worried about the violence. We have 4 kids so I can see her point that one of us should stay home perhaps.

Anyone done one of these Israeli trips? Seems like it would be an incredible experience.
|
4/5/2018 11:11am Edited Date/Time 4/5/2018 11:12am
My aunt just did with her kids. 17 and 19. She had a good time. I wouldn’t go. But she had fun.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
4/5/2018 12:15pm
The violence is what the media shows the Workd but in reality you would be in much greater danger passing through one of the States inner cities.

We have many friends/clients who frequent Israel quite often. A few clients that have families they visit regularly. I’m always curious so I ask them about the Country.

The violence is waaaay overrated and it’s aftually a wonderful place to visit from what I have heard. Stories of Isralies helping Palistinians. A good friend of ours just got back from a trip with her fellow educators and absolutely raced about it.

If I were you and your wife I would not hesitate to both travel there anymore than I would hesitate to travel to NY, Chicago, L.A etc
Shawn142
4/5/2018 12:26pm
Statistically Israel is more safe than New York City. Friends who work for Lockheed on the F35 program get sent there a couple times a year and come back without bullet holes or even scary stories. Good place to visit.
Donovan759
4/6/2018 5:31am
I have not been but I would really like to go sometime soon. I think you and your wife should do it together though. I see her point, but what's the point in doing it alone and missing out on making all those memories together. Just a thought.

The Shop

JRT812
4/6/2018 6:58am
My father goes frequently and has not experienced any major issues
Boxvan446
4/6/2018 8:18am Edited Date/Time 4/6/2018 8:21am
My wife went last year. Same thing, 10 day church trip. Absolutely loved it. I stayed home with our 4 kids. I think she'd go back in a minute. She had a great tour guide. I don't remember his name but he was a doctor from the Midwest if I recall and goes 2-3 times per year leading tours. My wife said he really made the trip because of his knowledge and experience over there. The only thing she said was a little tense was going between borders to visit other areas. She said you don't have the same "rights" as we do in America as far as people going through your stuff, confiscating things for no reason, etc. Not to mention they are yelling at you with assault rifles. She didn't have an incident, just said it was tense. If you would like to talk to my wife about it directly, I'm sure she'd share any info she has. Send me a PM and I'll get you her number

Post a reply to: Anyone toured Israel?

The Latest