Bioskin Compression Shorts.
Is that not simular effect to wearing a kidney belt
OG725
5/11/2021 12:07pm
OG725 wrote:
Bioskin Compression Shorts.
Sc2 wrote:
Is that not simular effect to wearing a kidney belt
Maybe the normal ones that you buy at Wally World. These are like a Wetsuit material. I use them more for groin protection. Recommended by Justin Sports Medicine. $100 shorts!
5/14/2021 8:52am Edited Date/Time 5/14/2021 8:53am
Is part of your stomach pushing up into your chest through the hiatus?

Follow up, is this a congenital issue discovered late in life inadvertently? Or is this related to some acute process ?

The Shop

Nairb#70
5/14/2021 11:21am Edited Date/Time 5/14/2021 11:24am
Is the proper term not hiatal instead of hiatus?
A hiatus is a break or vacation from something, where as hiatal is when your esophogus pokes through your diaphragm. Or do you mean an inguinal hernia which is the one where you "blow a tube" down by the "wedding tackle" or "twig and berries".
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
5/14/2021 12:25pm
I had inguinal hernia on both sides about 10 years apart. Each time, I went well over a year before I had them fixed. Riding/racing etc. When they would start to hurt, I'd just push them back in.

If yours is the one pushing on your diaphram, I'm out. That sounds scary and I'd like to know how they even diagnose that.
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2410th
5/14/2021 12:36pm
crowe660 wrote:
I had inguinal hernia on both sides about 10 years apart. Each time, I went well over a year before I had them fixed. Riding/racing etc...
I had inguinal hernia on both sides about 10 years apart. Each time, I went well over a year before I had them fixed. Riding/racing etc. When they would start to hurt, I'd just push them back in.

If yours is the one pushing on your diaphram, I'm out. That sounds scary and I'd like to know how they even diagnose that.
Severe heartburn, GERD, reflux.... I had a Nissan Fundoplication done... life changing surgery for me...for the better.
Sc2
5/14/2021 2:36pm
I think In UK it's called hiatus hernia

I had it where the oesophagus ends to far down in the stomach, I had an operation in 2002 where they wrap abit of the stomach around the tube to create a kink, or Atleast something along them lines. Can't say it was a ball of fun, but made life a lot better

So, forward 19 yrs and its playing me up, simular symptoms for pass year (- the reflux) and rode few weeks ago and have aggravated it and is pretty painful since.

Its not been confirmed exactly what it is yet, waiting for app for the camera and ct scan, I suspect maybe its something to do with the operation, hopefully they can sort what ever it is, as still got some life in the ol dog yet and don't want to hang my boots up, but also don't want to fck my stomach up either

Sc2
5/16/2021 2:08am
See a general surgeon.
It don't really work like that over here mate

Need to follow protocols first
5/16/2021 7:52am Edited Date/Time 5/16/2021 7:54am
See a general surgeon.
Sc2 wrote:
It don't really work like that over here mate

Need to follow protocols first
Yeah I’m not gonna turn this into the inability to get access to healthcare when it’s government controlled, but you’re a fine walking fucking example of this. This is absolute bullshit that you cannot get a referral to a fucking general surgeon when you have part of your stomach pushing up into your chest cavity. Especially since they already tried to fix it with a band to take up the space but clearly that’s not working anymore so there’s no possibility that a general physician can fix this. I’m sure your healthcare system works great at the primary care level but it sounds to me like anything past the primary care level where you have to make a decision based on expertise and there’s not really any specific guidelines on it they fall incredibly short. That is absolute bullshit.Because your Politicians will just hop on a fucking plane and fly to America and get it fixed without going through all the shit that you have to go through, that’s real fucking nice isn’t it?

Post a reply to: Anyone ride with hiatus hernia

The Latest