Anyone here run?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/6/2018 3:57 PM

I was just looking at the vital strava and its 99% cyclists so I was wondering if anyone else here runs?

|

9/6/2018 4:00 PM

Most of us can't run due to shit knees, so we ride bicycles. laughing

|

9/6/2018 4:14 PM

If you see me running you better start running too, something has gone horribly wrong

|

9/6/2018 4:17 PM

I ran today. Opened the hood of a car that was towed in and got swarmed by wasps. Got hit a few times, but all those fuggers ended up dead.

|

9/6/2018 4:51 PM

From a guy with a chainsaw or an axe....and a machete probably. Hopefully I'm faster than someone else.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

9/6/2018 5:08 PM

Ran to the door to pay the pizza man yesterday

|

9/6/2018 7:04 PM

avidchimp wrote:

Most of us can't run due to shit knees, so we ride bicycles. laughing

So true laughing

|

9/6/2018 7:43 PM

Every once in awhile i get the bug and get up before work for a few weeks and it always ends up with my right foot hurting like it did when i broke it in 2007.

|

9/7/2018 6:42 AM

I'm going hunting in the Rocky's in a month so I've been "running" before work a few days a week. It's harder than I remember.

|

9/7/2018 6:49 AM

Started taking running seriously this year after not running for years due to joint pain (and lets he honest, pure laziness lol) and dropped 30 lbs.

My knees, hips, and ankles HURT for a few months but I forced myself to stick with it and the pain went away as I adapted. I enjoy it now, even though I'm still slow lol

|

9/7/2018 6:59 AM

I used to always have heel, ankle, and knee problems from teenage years and up so running was not a favorable activity for me. Then I learned how to run properly and I no longer have those issues.

- Run on the balls of your feet
- Heels don't touch the ground
- Run in a straight line (ie. eliminate side to side motion entirely and run one foot directly in front of the other on your body's centerline)

I don't know if it works for everyone, but it certainly worked for me. I was able to ramp up distances pretty quickly running that way and didn't have the usual aches and pains crop up.

|

I can do anything, I'm an expert.
MotoTribology.com - Motorcycle Lubrication Education

9/7/2018 7:05 AM

MotoTribology wrote:

I used to always have heel, ankle, and knee problems from teenage years and up so running was not a favorable activity for me. ...more

Good tips. My form and weight were big contributors to pain when running. I was also over-striding and getting my legs too far out in front of me, which was killing my knees.

I'll try running along a centerline, that is something I never really paid attention to!

|

9/7/2018 8:30 AM

newmann wrote:

I ran today. Opened the hood of a car that was towed in and got swarmed by wasps. Got hit a few times, but all those fuggers ...more

Got two hives today with a couple cans of brake cleaner!

Best bug killer ever. No residue, no nothing. Great for indoors too.

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

9/7/2018 10:36 AM

Photo

Last time I ran was 6 years ago, when my monitor went off. Must have been the right way, I’m still here to talk about it.
|

9/7/2018 1:08 PM

Not on purpose.

|

9/7/2018 4:29 PM

If she can get herself untied I figure they'll be another gullible one. I ain't runnin.

|

9/7/2018 8:05 PM

Hell no. I was in the run for my life camp. No more, my ortho, after knee replacement, said NO RUNNING. I used to run a cross country course at a local CC. You would look at me now and call me the biggest liar in the world.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

9/8/2018 8:01 AM

I'm a trail runner. Better scenery and better on the body than running on the road. Would rather dodge snakes than cars.

|

No Signature.

9/8/2018 8:24 AM

I do understand all you guys who don’t like running. For me im still running for my school and it was pretty much to pass time because of having limited time to ride. I just committed to it and got faster. If I wasn’t racing I wouldn’t be running at all. My drive to get out and run is just the raw desire to get better. Anyone who runs and doesn’t race seriously should try it.

|

9/8/2018 1:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/8/2018 1:57 PM

Yea I ran cross country all through high school. Ran so much I hate it now. Only reason I still run is because the army wants me to. But all those years of running experience makes it easy for me to just hop off the couch and throw down a 7 minute mile. If I would train probably could get back down in the mid fives. But yea it’s getting harder the older I get....

|

GP740
Since 1987

9/8/2018 3:54 PM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

Yea I ran cross country all through high school. Ran so much I hate it now. Only reason I still run is because the army wants ...more

How were you in high school? Im a senior now and im getting burnt out and if it weren’t for a few goals left (sub 4:30, sub 9:50, and sub 16:00) I’d already be done

|

9/8/2018 5:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/8/2018 5:51 PM

Nothing great. Best finish was 10th in my north east conference. Regionals 30-50th. States top 100.....

We ran something stupid 5000 miles a year from the time I was in 9-12th grade......

I like riding bicycles now. In a pace line. Can cover more ground. Rest during the ride and see a lot more scenery. But I’m 31 now. And I will say I can just kill a 5k off the couch compared to people that don’t run.

|

GP740
Since 1987

9/9/2018 6:43 AM

I enjoy running but prefer to cycle when I have the time. I probably run about 5 miles per week, either one 5mi run or two 2.5's. It's super convenient compared to loading up the mountain bike and driving half an hour, I can just throw on my shoes and head out the door.

Biggest thing that has helped my running is to have the proper shoes. Not Sports Authority "running" shoes, but actual running shoes from a specialty store. They run well over $100 for a pair but are worth it. Once I switched to the right shoes my shin splints disappeared and my knees and ankles feel much better after a run.

|

9/9/2018 1:06 PM

Yea one thing that I definitely like about running is the accessibility, you can pretty much run anywhere at any time of day if you’re willing to

|

9/9/2018 5:11 PM

Yea I have shoes strictly for running. Just like mx boots! Can’t be serious if your not doing it with the right equipment.

|

GP740
Since 1987

9/9/2018 5:34 PM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

Yea I have shoes strictly for running. Just like mx boots! Can’t be serious if your not doing it with the right equipment.

Was the Nike waffle racer still the shoe of choice when you ran CC ? I remember everyone used them back in the early 90s

|

9/18/2018 8:02 AM

Can’t remembwe if it was waffle racer. But I did wear nikes that were feather light. And had cleat mounts.

|

GP740
Since 1987

9/18/2018 12:22 PM

From my late 20s to early 40s I ran 30 miles a week. Usually ran all Winter but it seemed that there would be a period that the weather would just be too nasty to run. Getting started again wasn't an issue until my 40s when it was like starting all over again. That and my ankles is what got me out of it.

|

My wife calls you guys the Yahoos.

9/19/2018 12:52 PM

At 60 I still run 3-5 miles once a week if its not a Millville weekend race and a 5k once in a while.

In my much younger days (20's) ran 6 - 26.2 mile marathons and many shorter distance events.
Marathon PR of 2:49, that's better than 6:30 per mile for 26.2 miles.

|

9/19/2018 1:51 PM

newmann wrote:

I ran today. Opened the hood of a car that was towed in and got swarmed by wasps. Got hit a few times, but all those fuggers ...more

|

Ed Johnson