Anyone have The Rock’s number?!?!?!?!

APLMAN99
First time in Hawaii and 24 hours in I’m touristed out! Figure he’d be good for a laugh or ten!

Cool
|
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
3/4/2018 1:01am
APLMAN99 wrote:
First time in Hawaii and 24 hours in I’m touristed out! Figure he’d be good for a laugh or ten!

Cool
the rock is a good man, hopefully you get to catch up with him, he looked after us in his van in LA when we had 6 hours to spare,
newmann
3/4/2018 9:16am
APLMAN99 wrote:

Cool
Are you in Maui?
APLMAN99
3/4/2018 9:36am
APLMAN99 wrote:

Cool
newmann wrote:
Are you in Maui?
No, for some reason I thought that he was up here in Oahu, dammit!
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
3/4/2018 9:48am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 9:53am
He lives in Haiku.

The Shop

APLMAN99
3/4/2018 10:02am
Gotta say, after driving up the north shore yesterday I nearly thought that I was back in NW Arkansas of the early 80s!

Chickens running around everywhere, and every other house with a broken down car on blocks in the front yard.....
newmann
3/4/2018 10:30am
APLMAN99 wrote:

Cool
newmann wrote:
Are you in Maui?
APLMAN99 wrote:
Well, you did it wrong. No way are you going to eat at Mamma's Fish House when you are on the wrong island. Smile I'd go back just for that.
APLMAN99
3/4/2018 10:45am
newmann wrote:
Are you in Maui?
APLMAN99 wrote:
newmann wrote:
Well, you did it wrong. No way are you going to eat at Mamma's Fish House when you are on the wrong island. :) I'd go...
Well, you did it wrong. No way are you going to eat at Mamma's Fish House when you are on the wrong island. Smile I'd go back just for that.
I’m just going where the wife tells me to go....

First time to Hawaii for either of us. Our time share dealio has about 15-20 resorts throughout the islands and she picked the one on Waikiki. When our time share group merged with another one a few years back and somehow we went from having an average week each year to having right around 20 nights a year. We never use that much but maybe it’ll be a good excuse to come back a few more times in the next couple of years.

Been a little cloudy and rainy both days so far but the temperature is so perfect that I haven’t minded a bit! Got a Wrangler soft top for the week and would like to sunburn the melon at least a little bit.
Titan1
3/5/2018 6:27am
APLMAN99 wrote:

Cool
Please tell me you’ve been to Pearl Harbor? I could have spent three full days there...
huck
3/5/2018 7:43am
What about Thomas Horn? Do you want his number too?
mxb2
3/5/2018 7:52am
I would think if you want to hangout with someone, you would have a contact #. Where i am from we dont give out numbers to people, and especially strangers. Safety reasons of course.
APLMAN99
3/5/2018 10:05am
mxb2 wrote:
I would think if you want to hangout with someone, you would have a contact #. Where i am from we dont give out numbers to...
I would think if you want to hangout with someone, you would have a contact #. Where i am from we dont give out numbers to people, and especially strangers. Safety reasons of course.
I didn't think a long timer would have missed the joking tone quite so much........
APLMAN99
3/5/2018 10:17am
Titan1 wrote:
Please tell me you’ve been to Pearl Harbor? I could have spent three full days there...
Planning on the Pearl Harbor visit tomorrow. We were told that Monday and Tuesday are the best days if you really want to spend time there, that the weekends you are just herded like cattle through everything except the actual USS Arizona trip, which departs on a set schedule. I have to admit that any time we've been a little north of Waikiki, I've tried to imagine the skies filled with planes and bombs dropping but it's really impossible to understand. I'm a little curious to see how many Japanese tourists visit the memorials and exhibits as well, given how many tourists from Japan there are in this area right now. I'd imagine that some could definitely be visiting the site that a family member perished also simply doing what their leaders commanded them to do.

And I'm probably not current enough to understand huck's reference to a Thomas Horn. Any idea what he's talking about?
mxb2
3/5/2018 10:34am
mxb2 wrote:
I would think if you want to hangout with someone, you would have a contact #. Where i am from we dont give out numbers to...
APLMAN99 wrote:
I didn't think a long timer would have missed the joking tone quite so much........
My bad.
APLMAN99
3/5/2018 5:36pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

Cool
Titan1 wrote:
Changed up our plans just a little and headed to Pearl Harbor today. Spent massive amounts of time on the Missouri, Bowfin, and the Air Museum. Got the last 2 tickets to the USS Arizona trip but when we realized that the 2 guys behind us in line weren’t going to be able to make the boat ride, we gave them our tickets instead. They each had Navy veteran caps on, and we figured that we can always return tomorrow.
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
3/5/2018 10:38pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Changed up our plans just a little and headed to Pearl Harbor today. Spent massive amounts of time on the Missouri, Bowfin, and the Air Museum...
Changed up our plans just a little and headed to Pearl Harbor today. Spent massive amounts of time on the Missouri, Bowfin, and the Air Museum. Got the last 2 tickets to the USS Arizona trip but when we realized that the 2 guys behind us in line weren’t going to be able to make the boat ride, we gave them our tickets instead. They each had Navy veteran caps on, and we figured that we can always return tomorrow.
Nice job stoking out 2 veterans ! Cool
APLMAN99
3/7/2018 12:36am
We ended up going back to the USS Arizona Memorial today. To be honest, I was a little disappointed. Not in the memorial itself, but they only let you spend a few minutes out there before they put you on the boat headed back. I wanted to read every name, look for anything I could possibly see underwater to try to understand this terrible event and how so many could be lost forever in such a short time. I was also disappointed in the lack of respect that a fair number of the group gave to the sailors who ferried us to the memorial and back. Actually had to stick my hand in front of a guy's camera to "remind" him that they said no stopping on the dock on the way in for pictures.

On a different note, headed up to the north shore again and saw some really good surfing at Sunset and Bonzai beaches. The fanboy in me also just happened to drive by Jack Johnson's house just out of curiosity. An Aussie that we drank a bit with last night said he got to spend a little time with him at Sunset on Sunday at a kid's birthday party and a little surfing afterwards.
G-man
3/8/2018 9:16pm
Doesn't the Rock live in a tree? Woohoo
Foghorn
3/9/2018 8:04am
When I first went there in the 80's you could drive all the way around Kaena Point although uninsured if you had a rental vehicle. A pretty cool drive. The road has been washed out for many years but the hike into the park at the point is pretty cool if you like whale watching and bird sanctuaries. A lot of deserted beaches along the way too.

Post a reply to: Anyone have The Rock’s number?!?!?!?!

The Latest