Anyone following American Flat Track?

Stuntman949
Edited Date/Time 7/15/2017 12:29pm
Big Smith fan over here for the last three years. Pretty cool to see them get an hour on NBC Sports and I hope it brings the sport back to lime-light. Weege has been kicking ass on the mic. The xgames race was last night. Racing wise it is what it is but it beats not having it.
|
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
7/14/2017 11:20am
Hit the OKC mile again this year and have been following Flat track from the late 60s with Dick Mann and Kenny Roberts up to now. The AMA ruined it back in the 80s when Harley cried about Honda winning so the AMA made Honda run restricter plated so Honda said screw it and pulled their money and support. Now they are re-branding the series you don't see the AMA logo anywhere on Flat track promotions and event programs and Flat track is coming back Cool A few pics from the OKC mile.

BMSOBx2
7/14/2017 12:17pm
Not following per se but I did catch a TT the other night on NBC. As lostboy said the AMA turned it into a Harley parade & killed it. Before that I remember an open formula that allowed Kenny to ride the 4 cylinder 2 stroke Yamaha, 3 cylinder Kawis & even a Ducati twin along with the Hondas. Those were the days. Nothing like a mile race.
500guy
7/14/2017 1:02pm
I took my Wife to the Phoenix mile and she was really excited that a Girl was doing so well in the Singles

Shayna Texter (sp) been trying to follow it a little bit since then.

I watch the qualifier on Xgames last night but switched it off.

The Shop

TX24
7/14/2017 4:30pm
Big Smith fan over here for the last three years. Pretty cool to see them get an hour on NBC Sports and I hope it brings...
Big Smith fan over here for the last three years. Pretty cool to see them get an hour on NBC Sports and I hope it brings the sport back to lime-light. Weege has been kicking ass on the mic. The xgames race was last night. Racing wise it is what it is but it beats not having it.
A friend of mine sponsored Bryan for his 883 Championship. I will have to get some photos scanned soon.
KMC440
7/14/2017 9:59pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Hit the OKC mile again this year and have been following Flat track from the late 60s with Dick Mann and Kenny Roberts up to now...
Hit the OKC mile again this year and have been following Flat track from the late 60s with Dick Mann and Kenny Roberts up to now. The AMA ruined it back in the 80s when Harley cried about Honda winning so the AMA made Honda run restricter plated so Honda said screw it and pulled their money and support. Now they are re-branding the series you don't see the AMA logo anywhere on Flat track promotions and event programs and Flat track is coming back Cool A few pics from the OKC mile.

If I remember right, Buffalo Ent. around Sacramento was taking the CX500 motor turning it sideways and enlarging the cylingers? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Then they came out with the Shadow and Ascot. Just saw a VT750 Ascot yesterday over in Eagan Mn, it's still a cool bike. They then based the motors off of that platform.
BMSOBx2
7/14/2017 10:15pm
KMC440 wrote:
If I remember right, Buffalo Ent. around Sacramento was taking the CX500 motor turning it sideways and enlarging the cylingers? Correct me if I'm wrong. Then...
If I remember right, Buffalo Ent. around Sacramento was taking the CX500 motor turning it sideways and enlarging the cylingers? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Then they came out with the Shadow and Ascot. Just saw a VT750 Ascot yesterday over in Eagan Mn, it's still a cool bike. They then based the motors off of that platform.
The sidways CX500 was the Honda setup. Ricky Graham won a championship on it. It took a lot of engineering to make that work. I dont think they used the VT motor. The Ascot was a dirt styled street bike built to take advantage of the vintage look that was popular back then.
JPT
7/15/2017 11:38am
Planning to hit Peoria for the first time in 40 years now that the 750s are coming back. Went to the Indy Mile one year too early so all I got to see was Mert killing it Wink . Bought my TT500 after I saw Rick Hocking beat KR and Scott on their 750s at the old Astrodome double.

Yeah, I'm into flat-track. Indian coming back is the tits.
JPT
7/15/2017 11:41am
And if you're ever in Vegas be sure to go to the Red Rock Harley shop. They've got a Ricky Graham Honda on display plus a bunch of other great bikes.
BMSOBx2
7/15/2017 12:29pm
JPT wrote:
Planning to hit Peoria for the first time in 40 years now that the 750s are coming back. Went to the Indy Mile one year too...
Planning to hit Peoria for the first time in 40 years now that the 750s are coming back. Went to the Indy Mile one year too early so all I got to see was Mert killing it Wink . Bought my TT500 after I saw Rick Hocking beat KR and Scott on their 750s at the old Astrodome double.

Yeah, I'm into flat-track. Indian coming back is the tits.
I bought an SR500 because they looked so damn cool. The original street tracker. Cool

Post a reply to: Anyone following American Flat Track?

The Latest