Anyone familiar with PETCO park in SD?

zjbell
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 7:37am
Going to the Pads game tonight, I thought I remember Scotty saying he has tickets..anyone else have any experience with PETCO?

What's the deal with the "Omni Club"?

I can buy "Omni Club" seats or seats in Section 101 (one section closer) but I wanted to know if it's better to watch the game from the Omni Section because of the in-seat service/crowds. Do they have the in seat computers in any of the seats?The tickets are pretty much the same price, just everything I've found online is pretty vague about the difference-- just would like to hear from anyone familiar with it..

Any San Diegans out there?
|
Scotty
5/17/2009 4:26pm
Hey ZJ, Just saw this.. I was in Vegas all weekend. Did you end up going? We have seats right above the Padres dugout. Three rows back, in the middle. Sorry I've never sat in the Omni section, not sure what its all about. Did you stay at the Omni hotel? That place is badazz!
zjbell
5/17/2009 5:07pm
Ya, I ended up buying the omni club tickets. Pretty swanky, the hotel is awesome. Good thing we spend the night because the game ended up going 16 innings!

Petco is a great place to watch a game, bummed I missed Peavy by one start...
Trip
5/17/2009 10:16pm
zjbell wrote:
Ya, I ended up buying the omni club tickets. Pretty swanky, the hotel is awesome. Good thing we spend the night because the game ended up...
Ya, I ended up buying the omni club tickets. Pretty swanky, the hotel is awesome. Good thing we spend the night because the game ended up going 16 innings!

Petco is a great place to watch a game, bummed I missed Peavy by one start...
Care to give some details? I want to go see a game there, the stadium looks great on TV. Our baseball season is almost over, so I will have some free time coming up.
zjbell
5/18/2009 11:43pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:58pm
You should check it out, I've been to all but 5 of the MLB stadiums and PETCO is one of my top 3. I'm a big fan of one team, but I love seeing all the different stadiums-- especially the new generation of ballparks like PETCO.

I'll usually hit StubHub up for tickets on the day of at all of the stadiums, but the prices in SD are pretty low. I bought the 'Omni Club' seats for $45 dollars each about 5 hours before the first pitch. The omni seats, have access to your own private bar, in-seat food and beverage service, and if you stay at the Omni hotel you can literally walk across the bridge right into the hotel.. very cool. The hotel rooms can be expensive, but they have a decent rewards program and a bunch of hotels on the east coast. I spent a few weeks in Omni's in DC and Boston and was able to use points for the room. I think the normal price is around 250/night.

Here's the view from the seats....

The Shop

DSteg222
5/19/2009 12:06am
Living in SD for years Petco was such a nice change!! The park is great and I have had seats in field section, right field line, upper decks in right and just beyond third base and no of them have ever been bad. I actually liked the seats just beyond third base the best... dont know why, but I do remember it was an afternoon game and they were facing the sun, which got a bit toasty!! Maybe that is why I liked them the best... drank more beers there to deal with the heat!!
zjbell
5/19/2009 12:20am
Awesome beer selection at PETCO, I cranked down four or five Stellas.

I think the next time I hit a game down there I'm going to try and get some of the seats on the field just past the dugouts, seem like a cool place to watch.
DSteg222
5/19/2009 12:35am
It really was. Last time I has tickets about 5 rows up from the field just about 40 feet past 3rd. There were a couple section between us and the dugout. They were awesome seats... and good foul ball area as well!!
Scotty
5/19/2009 12:39am
Back in 07 I got to watch a game from the owners ( John Moores back then) box and it was amazing to say the least. Full service buffet with lobster tails, shrimp, steaks, and all the booze we could drink. Mr Moores showed up around the 5th inning to honor some Marines that were also in the box. Do you listen to Charger radio broadcasts ZJ? Hank Bauer does the broadcasts, and my buddies sister was dating him. So he got us into the box. And to top it off it we played the Mariners. What a night that was. We were not even expecting to get into the box. His sister called us during the 2nd inning and got us in.
DSteg222
5/19/2009 12:47am
Scotty wrote:
Back in 07 I got to watch a game from the owners ( John Moores back then) box and it was amazing to say the least...
Back in 07 I got to watch a game from the owners ( John Moores back then) box and it was amazing to say the least. Full service buffet with lobster tails, shrimp, steaks, and all the booze we could drink. Mr Moores showed up around the 5th inning to honor some Marines that were also in the box. Do you listen to Charger radio broadcasts ZJ? Hank Bauer does the broadcasts, and my buddies sister was dating him. So he got us into the box. And to top it off it we played the Mariners. What a night that was. We were not even expecting to get into the box. His sister called us during the 2nd inning and got us in.
Cou(ASSHOLE)gh
zjbell
5/19/2009 12:52am
Damn Scotty! That's a good hook up! Petco is a few leaps ahead of Jack Murphy, is it easier to park at the Q and take the trolly to petco?

Yea, I listen to the Chargers games. That's a small world for ya!

Boxes are the only way to watch a game. I've been lucky a few times, my company was a sponsor of Angel Stadium for a few years so I was able to nab a few tickets. I was doing some contract work with JetBlue last year and they became "the official airline of the Dodgers", one game I got two tickets to the box and we were the only people there! Awesome stuff.

Tomorrow JetBlue is going to announce a new deal with the Angels. I should be able to get some tickets from them, they are going to give out 350 round trip tickets to anyone who shows up at the stadium on Wed. at noon in Angels gear. All this is being announced tomorrow, so anyone looking for free airfare should make plans to head to the stadium on Wed!
DSteg222
5/19/2009 12:55am Edited Date/Time 5/19/2009 12:56am
zjbell wrote:
Damn Scotty! That's a good hook up! Petco is a few leaps ahead of Jack Murphy, is it easier to park at the Q and take...
Damn Scotty! That's a good hook up! Petco is a few leaps ahead of Jack Murphy, is it easier to park at the Q and take the trolly to petco?

Boxes are the only way to watch a game. I've been lucky a few times, my company was a sponsor of Angel Stadium for a few years so I was able to nab a few tickets. I was doing some contract work with JetBlue last year and they became "the official airline of the Dodgers", one game I got two tickets to the box and we were the only people there! Awesome stuff.

Tomorrow JetBlue is going to announce a new deal with the Angels. I should be able to get some tickets from them, they are going to give out 350 round trip tickets to anyone who shows up at the stadium on Wed. at noon in Angels gear. All this is being announced tomorrow, so anyone looking for free airfare should make plans to head to the stadium on Wed!
Dude... and I just bought my tickets back to NY!!!

Wonder how long that line will be and what time you have to get there in order to be one of the first 350!!
Scotty
5/19/2009 1:09am
zjbell wrote:
Damn Scotty! That's a good hook up! Petco is a few leaps ahead of Jack Murphy, is it easier to park at the Q and take...

My shop is in Linda vista, so we usually take the trolly down there. Or my Inlaws live in Hillcrest ( right above down town) so we'll take a cab from their house. Petco really isn't that bad to park at though. Ya you're going to have to pay $20 bucks to park, but I think its WAY easier and faster to get out of there after a game.. The Q absolutely sucks after a Charger game trying to get out of there.. Traffic is horrible, and there is only 3 ways out. Downtown has the 94 and 5 freeways and it's a straight shot to the freeways. and they direct traffic so it makes it pretty fast. And there isn't a bunch of rows of traffic converging into one lane to get out. I was really hoping the Chargers could strike a deal with the city and build a new stadium downtown on the bayfront also. They talked about using part of the cargo terminals land for the stadium. That would have been awesome. But now it seems like were going to be calling them the L.A Chargers soon Pinch
zjbell
5/19/2009 1:14am
DSteg222 wrote:
Dude... and I just bought my tickets back to NY!!! Wonder how long that line will be and what time you have to get there in...
Dude... and I just bought my tickets back to NY!!!

Wonder how long that line will be and what time you have to get there in order to be one of the first 350!!
I'm not sure. All this is gonna hit tomorrow so I'll assume it depends on how hard they pimp it out there in 24 hours.
zjbell
5/19/2009 1:17am
zjbell wrote:

Scotty wrote:
My shop is in Linda vista, so we usually take the trolly down there. Or my Inlaws live in Hillcrest ( right above down town) so...
My shop is in Linda vista, so we usually take the trolly down there. Or my Inlaws live in Hillcrest ( right above down town) so we'll take a cab from their house. Petco really isn't that bad to park at though. Ya you're going to have to pay $20 bucks to park, but I think its WAY easier and faster to get out of there after a game.. The Q absolutely sucks after a Charger game trying to get out of there.. Traffic is horrible, and there is only 3 ways out. Downtown has the 94 and 5 freeways and it's a straight shot to the freeways. and they direct traffic so it makes it pretty fast. And there isn't a bunch of rows of traffic converging into one lane to get out. I was really hoping the Chargers could strike a deal with the city and build a new stadium downtown on the bayfront also. They talked about using part of the cargo terminals land for the stadium. That would have been awesome. But now it seems like were going to be calling them the L.A Chargers soon Pinch
Yeah the Q traffic is a nightmare. We always just get a hotel downtown and take the trolley into SX.

I've made a day trip to petco and the parking wasn't that bad. We parked about 1/4 mile from the stadium and hit zero traffic and in 2 minutes we were back on the 5!

Over the past few years the 'charger fever' seems to be spreading up to OC. Plenty of charger stickers/ jerseys come out on game day...
Scotty
5/19/2009 1:25am
I don't care if they move, I'll still drive up there to watch them. And I can't blame the Chargers, they have been negotiating with the city for over 7 years now. Chula Vista might be a viable option also. But LA needs an NFL team, and I'm willing to bet we have maybe 2 more years left here and thats it (unless they figure out the stadium) Isn't some guy wanting to build a stadium in the city of industry? That place is kind of a hole isn't it?
zjbell
5/19/2009 1:37am
It is.

I also saw plans to build a stadium that shared the parking lot with Angel Stadium. I think they were shot down by the NFL, but who knows.

I'd like to see the Chargers stay in SD county and LA get a new team. I really think we have the fanbase to support it and it's not fair to the SD folks to uproot the team.

It's just a shit sandwich the way these teams and cities operate, and the ones that end up getting kicked in the balls are the fans.
Scotty
5/19/2009 11:57am
Ya that would be the best outcome of LA got their own team. Maybe the Vikings? Would be nice to have another rivalry going besides baseball. I know the fan base is huge in orange county for the Chargers. LA seems to be more Raider fan base.. All this talk about Football is getting me excited. I can't wait for august!

Post a reply to: Anyone familiar with PETCO park in SD?

The Latest