Anyone else on the zombie/vampire sidelines?

The Rock
Edited Date/Time 12/12/2013 12:14pm
I have yet to jump on either of these bandwagon but it appears I'm in the minority when you look whats on TV these days.
|
borg
12/10/2013 6:33pm
There is some of the old school stuff I like but have not watched any of the new stuff like Twilight. It seems to be more aimed at younger people. Check out Shadow of the Vampire. Malkovich and Dafoe. Made in 2000. I thought it was worth watching.
pitbike502
12/10/2013 6:59pm
my wife is heavy into that garbage. its just terrible.
newmann
12/10/2013 8:41pm
My wife was reading a series of vampire novels a while back. Damn Vampires.....they can do all night what it takes me all night to do.Laughing
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
12/11/2013 8:43am
Wife and daughter watch them all. They read all the books too. I have tried to watch but eh.

The Shop

The Rock
12/12/2013 11:09am
Glad I am not the only one that feels like this stuff is foreign. For me I'm protective of what goes on my "hard drive" so to speak and there are certain images I don't want in my brain. I've always shied away from blood guts and gore as it has too much of an impact on me.

Hell even back when Jaws came out I shut my eyes for every chomping scene. I also close my eyes when they show on TV or at the movies a bunch of fast cuts all mixed together to where you can't really capture all of them.........that stuff is not for me either.
Sondy132001
12/12/2013 11:25am Edited Date/Time 12/12/2013 11:26am
The Rock wrote:
Glad I am not the only one that feels like this stuff is foreign. For me I'm protective of what goes on my "hard drive" so...
Glad I am not the only one that feels like this stuff is foreign. For me I'm protective of what goes on my "hard drive" so to speak and there are certain images I don't want in my brain. I've always shied away from blood guts and gore as it has too much of an impact on me.

Hell even back when Jaws came out I shut my eyes for every chomping scene. I also close my eyes when they show on TV or at the movies a bunch of fast cuts all mixed together to where you can't really capture all of them.........that stuff is not for me either.
so you're a sissy lala like me =) I don't do any gore or blood and guts...those saw movies ?? no way in hell am I gonna watch that. My son hits a lot of movies and he'll come in and I'll ask any good ? and he tells me,,,you'll cry mom haha I know it's not for me !! Or he'll call me and ask if I am home ? cause he just got the bageezus scared out of him from a movie and doesn't want to go home alone...he's 21 lol and HUGE so I know that's not a movie for me !! Oh and no spiders either !
jtomasik
12/12/2013 11:35am
Copernicus is my role model when it comes to managing my time. Life's way too short as it is. Trying to leave the track with as many productive laps under my belt as possible.
The Rock
12/12/2013 11:57am
Sondra yes I am a sissy plus am right there with you on spiders. They totally freak me out but I blame my sister Sharlotte for terrorizing me as an infant. I can still remember her pulling the sheet over my head when I was in the crib and she pretended her hand was the spider but I was too little to realize she was messing with me.

To this day i give spiders a HUGE berth plus I actually tried to watch Arachnophobia but made it about 70 seconds before I bailed too. .
Sondy132001
12/12/2013 12:07pm
The Rock wrote:
Sondra yes I am a sissy plus am right there with you on spiders. They totally freak me out but I blame my sister Sharlotte for...
Sondra yes I am a sissy plus am right there with you on spiders. They totally freak me out but I blame my sister Sharlotte for terrorizing me as an infant. I can still remember her pulling the sheet over my head when I was in the crib and she pretended her hand was the spider but I was too little to realize she was messing with me.

To this day i give spiders a HUGE berth plus I actually tried to watch Arachnophobia but made it about 70 seconds before I bailed too. .
when I was in 2nd grade the boys on my street pinned me down and put a tarantula on my face, scared me to death, I cry, both my kids are scarred for life because of me and my spider fear. My mom told me to watch arachnophobia, she said it would either cure me or worsen my fear...I watched it and cried and I never checked under toilets for spiders, haha now I do thanks to that movie !! I love Lord of the Rings...can't watch The Hobbit trilogy cause of that bloody HUGE spider !!

Post a reply to: Anyone else on the zombie/vampire sidelines?

The Latest