Anyone else been cashing in on crypto?

Heggo
8/18/2021 5:37pm
Reading this you guys got me looking at this now. Trying to learn. Got a coinbase account but cant make up mind what to put my little bit of money on? Any you guys got Luna? looks on a good run
JM485
8/18/2021 5:45pm
Heggo wrote:
Reading this you guys got me looking at this now. Trying to learn. Got a coinbase account but cant make up mind what to put my...
Reading this you guys got me looking at this now. Trying to learn. Got a coinbase account but cant make up mind what to put my little bit of money on? Any you guys got Luna? looks on a good run
Chasing smaller coins around can potentially bet some large winners, but if you’re not too familiar with the space I’d recommend allocating the vast majority of your capital to Ethereum and Bitcoin. I’m more bullish on Ether though, I think I has an even higher potential up side than bitcoin given that most NFTs run on the network and they’re doing a controlled burn of Ether tokens. Bitcoin isn’t going anywhere, it’s the digital gold as far as I’m concerned, while Ethereum is the network that will make the whole space useful. It’s a really exciting time, so much of it is over my head and I don’t have nearly enough free time to stay on top of all of this but that’s my feeling on the market right now.
Heggo
8/18/2021 6:02pm
Heggo wrote:
Reading this you guys got me looking at this now. Trying to learn. Got a coinbase account but cant make up mind what to put my...
JM485 wrote:
Chasing smaller coins around can potentially bet some large winners, but if you’re not too familiar with the space I’d recommend allocating the vast majority of...
Chasing smaller coins around can potentially bet some large winners, but if you’re not too familiar with the space I’d recommend allocating the vast majority of your capital to Ethereum and Bitcoin. I’m more bullish on Ether though, I think I has an even higher potential up side than bitcoin given that most NFTs run on the network and they’re doing a controlled burn of Ether tokens. Bitcoin isn’t going anywhere, it’s the digital gold as far as I’m concerned, while Ethereum is the network that will make the whole space useful. It’s a really exciting time, so much of it is over my head and I don’t have nearly enough free time to stay on top of all of this but that’s my feeling on the market right now.
Thanks. Now a just need to learn what you wrote : )
Heggo
8/18/2021 6:04pm
Heggo wrote:
JM485 wrote:
Chasing smaller coins around can potentially bet some large winners, but if you’re not too familiar with the space I’d recommend allocating the vast majority of...
Heggo wrote:
BTC and Eth look down at moment so good time to load up?

The Shop

Heggo
8/18/2021 7:20pm
JM485 wrote:
Heggo wrote:
Heggo wrote:
Got to make sure looking a correct time frame graph ha ha. Makes big difference to how looks
JM485
8/19/2021 7:52am
Heggo wrote:
Heggo wrote:
Heggo wrote:
Got to make sure looking a correct time frame graph ha ha. Makes big difference to how looks
To be clear, I’m not looking at this from a 3 month time horizon, I’m looking at it as a long term investment (minimum 3-5 years). The idea is that as more users come into the space, the network effects grow and the price can become exponential, similar to how social media networks have taken over the world. This is an extremely volatile space, expect 50+% draw downs and be prepared to stomach it, just buy, hold, and forget about it Wink

*this is not financial advice and I know nothing, take the above message accordingly*
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
8/19/2021 8:09am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2021 8:11am
I would tip toe/scale in, wait a month or two and save some money to bring your average down if/when it resets.

When you start seeing articles that say stuff like “is this the end of crypto”, that’s when I buy. It’s worked well after initially starting with a high average.
peelout
8/19/2021 10:13am
Heggo wrote:
Josh is right, ETH looks to be solid long term buy.

i bought a lot in some lower level coins, the little changes are pretty drastic for big gains or big losses. but i look at them as short term 3-6mo coins.

XRP is what i did really well on at the first of the year. i bought at .31 and sold at 1.70 so that was a huge gain.

those are the ones i like to dabble in. i have a ton of XRP again and if it ever goes big then it will be a nice gainer.

i would get your feet wet with $300-$500 in a few small level coins just to figure out what you like to do.
Heggo
8/19/2021 6:50pm
Heggo wrote:
peelout wrote:
Josh is right, ETH looks to be solid long term buy. i bought a lot in some lower level coins, the little changes are pretty drastic...
Josh is right, ETH looks to be solid long term buy.

i bought a lot in some lower level coins, the little changes are pretty drastic for big gains or big losses. but i look at them as short term 3-6mo coins.

XRP is what i did really well on at the first of the year. i bought at .31 and sold at 1.70 so that was a huge gain.

those are the ones i like to dabble in. i have a ton of XRP again and if it ever goes big then it will be a nice gainer.

i would get your feet wet with $300-$500 in a few small level coins just to figure out what you like to do.
Bought a little BTC, ETH and Cardano as my lower to watch and learn. Missed the bottom but look for long term or ramp up. Trying to work out the lower levels to buy. Guy worked with was all about Shiba in Aprill-May saying how much he make each day from 1000usd up to 40k then lost it all in a day!
8/19/2021 8:52pm
Heggo wrote:
Bought a little BTC, ETH and Cardano as my lower to watch and learn. Missed the bottom but look for long term or ramp up. Trying...
Bought a little BTC, ETH and Cardano as my lower to watch and learn. Missed the bottom but look for long term or ramp up. Trying to work out the lower levels to buy. Guy worked with was all about Shiba in Aprill-May saying how much he make each day from 1000usd up to 40k then lost it all in a day!
Yeah Shiba went wild...for a second.
Heggo
8/20/2021 5:10pm
Heggo wrote:
Bought a little BTC, ETH and Cardano as my lower to watch and learn. Missed the bottom but look for long term or ramp up. Trying...
Yeah Shiba went wild...for a second.
like a blip. Wondering if it will go again? Avalanche going nice ATM 116% in 7D. looking for next one like that now
Heggo
9/13/2021 5:53pm
How you guy's do lately?
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
9/23/2021 3:50pm
There’s something about Cole that makes me cringe at him trying to push his “influencer lifestyle”.
Yeti831
9/24/2021 10:19am
Got 1M Shiba Inu for $8 😂

Hope some celeb blows up its “value”. Just need it to hit $0.01 or more now haha
JM485
6/14/2022 5:13pm
RCMXracing wrote:
How YOU Doin’ Crypto boys? Looking rough out there.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/bvmgqa/the-crypto-crash-just-got-a-lot-…
Depends entirely on when you got in and what your time horizon is. I’m currently sitting on the sidelines in USDC, but I don’t believe any of the underlying reasons to own crypto have changed. To me this looks like a fantastic opportunity to buy in at a discount if you missed the last run-up, as long as you plan to hold for the long term and aren’t going to need that money in the next year or two since it could be very volatile. Fiat money is still a scam, central banks are still manipulating currency, and SBDCs are still on the horizon, so I don’t see any reason to believe Bitcoin has lost its relevance long term.
RCMXracing
6/14/2022 8:10pm
It all seems like a gamble, and depending on your age that’s fine I guess. Every time I think of jumping in the extreme volatility and how there’s nothing backing it, not to mention the hacked/stolen crypto just makes the whole deal seem sketch.

What crypto if any can be trusted? Not a hater of Crypto buyers, and if you’ve got the nads to risk large sums for a big potential win good on ya. Good fit for a Moto dude. Guess I’m too old for that level risk.
JM485
6/14/2022 9:27pm
RCMXracing wrote:
It all seems like a gamble, and depending on your age that’s fine I guess. Every time I think of jumping in the extreme volatility and...
It all seems like a gamble, and depending on your age that’s fine I guess. Every time I think of jumping in the extreme volatility and how there’s nothing backing it, not to mention the hacked/stolen crypto just makes the whole deal seem sketch.

What crypto if any can be trusted? Not a hater of Crypto buyers, and if you’ve got the nads to risk large sums for a big potential win good on ya. Good fit for a Moto dude. Guess I’m too old for that level risk.
I'm only 27 so I can handle some serious volatility, but everyone's risk tolerance will vary wildly based on all sorts of factors obviously.

I know there are always headlines about "hacked" coins and all that, but you have to remember that this is a rapidly growing space with a lot of ideas being tried (and failing) in a very short amount of time. Most of the security issues you're seeing are on sketch exchanges or through transactions done on layer 3 networks that aren't really proven at this point. What it all really boils down to is speed, if you want instantaneous transactions you're going to pay a price in security risk, but if you're willing to move money around a bit more slowly on the regular Bitcoin blockchain your funds are essentially tamper proof.

If you were to open up a trading account on Coinbase (high fees, but you get a very simple user interface and great security), purchase some well known coins like Bitcoin or Ethereum, then transfer the funds to either a software or hardware wallet it would be extremely unlikely that you would lose your coins. Traditionalists will tell you that keeping your coins on any sort of exchange (think of it like a trading account on any major brokerage site) is risky, but in reality I feel that the security of the major exchanges has to be pretty darn good. Obviously do your own research, but that's my feeling, I know just enough to be dangerous.Laughing

The subject of nothing backing it is way too broad to cover here, but I will ask this, what's backing your dollars? The answer is nothing, absolutely nothing but the fact that we accept it as a medium of exchange like all fiat currencies. The difference between Bitcoin and dollars is that dollars are controlled by a central authority that can, and will, increase the supply as they see fit, whereas Bitcoin is set at a fixed amount that will never be increased making it the ultimate hard asset. This gets a bit more philosophical, but I have absolutely zero trust in our current institutions to manage our currency in a responsible way, and I view Bitcoin and other cryptos as my way of opting out of that system.

alphado
9/13/2022 10:46am
I'm down 75% for the year. Lucky I didn't invest much.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
9/13/2022 5:10pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2022 5:12pm
I have around 20 million shibu inu for some peanuts. I just threw the change from other buys in there. Seemed worth the gamble it's so cheap. Could be worthless but if it does what some of the other "worthless ones" did for me it would be worth it. Like this,

Post a reply to: Anyone else been cashing in on crypto?

The Latest