Anyone been to a dentist in the past few months?

KennyT
Fantasy
280th
I was in the middle of a tooth implant procedure when this virus busted out. Was just called in last week for the final check up from the surgeon before getting my actual tooth put n by my regular dentist.

The Dr and assistant of course had mask on and did my X-rays and exam, naturally I could not wear a mask. So my next step is to go to my other dentist and now they are closed down for the time being.

Just curious if anyone else has been into see their dentist lately and what your thoughts are on possible infection. I’ve heard of others getting their teeth cleaned, seems non emergency to me.
|
jeffro503
5/14/2020 11:42am
Kenny , I spent almost 3 hours in the dentist chair just yesterday. I had broken my first mollar last month and was causing quite a bit of pain. They started the root canal , and packed it with certain stuff to let it sit for a month. Yesterday they finished the root canal and put on a temporary cap , until my permanent one comes from the lab.

I have abnormally long roots which made it a pain. From what he said , most people have roots that need drill sizes between about 10 - 18. They used a 27 on me yesterday , but at the end of my roots , they curl a bit and are right on top of my jaw. My last molar I got pulled , needed surgery as the had to cut both sides of my gum and then sew it back up. They cut the tooth into 3 - 4 pieces before they could pull it out. Today , it feels like they used a tire iron on me. Aches.
jeffro503
5/14/2020 11:50am
Btw....if you do feel like you have a possible infection , then YES that is an essential visit. Mine was as well , as it was causing quite a bit of pain , but also had some redness on my gums below that tooth. They could at least get you some penicillin. But again , if it's causing pain , you need to go to another dentist.
peelout
5/14/2020 12:23pm
had a cracked molar and crown performed about 5 weeks ago. went to my cleaning on Tuesday.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/14/2020 12:57pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Kenny , I spent almost 3 hours in the dentist chair just yesterday. I had broken my first mollar last month and was causing quite a...
Kenny , I spent almost 3 hours in the dentist chair just yesterday. I had broken my first mollar last month and was causing quite a bit of pain. They started the root canal , and packed it with certain stuff to let it sit for a month. Yesterday they finished the root canal and put on a temporary cap , until my permanent one comes from the lab.

I have abnormally long roots which made it a pain. From what he said , most people have roots that need drill sizes between about 10 - 18. They used a 27 on me yesterday , but at the end of my roots , they curl a bit and are right on top of my jaw. My last molar I got pulled , needed surgery as the had to cut both sides of my gum and then sew it back up. They cut the tooth into 3 - 4 pieces before they could pull it out. Today , it feels like they used a tire iron on me. Aches.
Shit Jeffro, that makes me cringe 😬

I experienced my first root canal a year or so ago and I tell you if it wasn’t for a Xanax I would have been running out the door! 3 hours is waaaaay too long for me to sit in a dentist chair. I had made up a playlist of my favorite music and it helped , but I still have a Terrible time sitting stilll that long while the sadist take all those tools and start doing construction work in my mouth

The Shop

5/14/2020 1:07pm
My opinion.

The world is a giant rock spinning approximately 1000mph, in a vast, seemingly infinite thing we call space.

Just about anything can happen at any time.

Live your life. We’re all going to cross the same bridge sooner or later.
5/14/2020 1:17pm Edited Date/Time 5/14/2020 1:19pm
I have some trouble brewing in this regard. One of my upper molars on my right side is done, and the left side has a deep root fragment left from a previously difficult extraction that causes problems if hammered too hard. I actually bought a dentist mirror to get a look at it, and yeah 2 big cavities either side....

Last time I phoned up about 5 -6 wks back and they were adamant about not seeing me - best I could do was some antibiotics handed at the door with minimum contact. I feel it's more an issue at this point with the nerve being exposed, so unless I can get an appointment this time so they can pull the damn thing out I'm going to plug it myself with one of those do-it-yourself filling kits... https://www.amazon.com/Dentemp-Maximum-Strength-Fillings-Recommended/dp…

KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/14/2020 1:33pm
I have some trouble brewing in this regard. One of my upper molars on my right side is done, and the left side has a deep...
I have some trouble brewing in this regard. One of my upper molars on my right side is done, and the left side has a deep root fragment left from a previously difficult extraction that causes problems if hammered too hard. I actually bought a dentist mirror to get a look at it, and yeah 2 big cavities either side....

Last time I phoned up about 5 -6 wks back and they were adamant about not seeing me - best I could do was some antibiotics handed at the door with minimum contact. I feel it's more an issue at this point with the nerve being exposed, so unless I can get an appointment this time so they can pull the damn thing out I'm going to plug it myself with one of those do-it-yourself filling kits... https://www.amazon.com/Dentemp-Maximum-Strength-Fillings-Recommended/dp…

To me that is a descriptor of a emergency.
Of your regular dentist won’t take care of you, I would call around and find one that will. Tooth
Pain can be excruciating. Good luck with that
jeffro503
5/14/2020 5:14pm Edited Date/Time 5/14/2020 5:16pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Kenny , I spent almost 3 hours in the dentist chair just yesterday. I had broken my first mollar last month and was causing quite a...

KennyT wrote:
Shit Jeffro, that makes me cringe 😬 I experienced my first root canal a year or so ago and I tell you if it wasn’t for...
Shit Jeffro, that makes me cringe 😬

I experienced my first root canal a year or so ago and I tell you if it wasn’t for a Xanax I would have been running out the door! 3 hours is waaaaay too long for me to sit in a dentist chair. I had made up a playlist of my favorite music and it helped , but I still have a Terrible time sitting stilll that long while the sadist take all those tools and start doing construction work in my mouth
You would think I'd learn my lesson on this. I think this was my 3rd root canal over the past , 15 years? And every time I can remember , it's a major pain. My dentist should be giving me a call any where from the next couple days , to weeks , depending on the lab. When I go back in , I'll see if they can pull up my X-rays for my teeth. I'm telling you , look at other's X-ray's , mine may look a little strange. The depth of mine being 27 is extremely rare , but he did mention that he had a 14 year old kid in a few years back , that needed a 30! He had to special order the drill bits!

Another strange twist for you.......I lost my last baby tooth at 45 years old and it had to be pulled , as it was still healthy! The grown up tooth is still lodged in my bottom jaw , next to where my wisdom tooth is.They thought that once it had been pulled , the big one might come out. It never did want to come out.
JustMX
5/14/2020 5:49pm Edited Date/Time 5/14/2020 5:50pm
My opinion. The world is a giant rock spinning approximately 1000mph, in a vast, seemingly infinite thing we call space. Just about anything can happen at...
My opinion.

The world is a giant rock spinning approximately 1000mph, in a vast, seemingly infinite thing we call space.

Is that last sentence meant to be a dental pun?
motoman617
5/14/2020 6:39pm
I had a temporary crown done 2 days before the lockdown. So I am running a temp now and need to have another one done. Dentist called on Tuesday and they were starting to see patients the next day. I go back in on Tuesday to get the permanent crown and start on the next one.

When they first called I was a little concerned about going in but after talking to them and seeing a story on the local news about Dentist given the ok to get going again it made me feel a little better. When I get there Tuesday I am supposed to call from the parking lot. When it is time to start they will call me and meet me at the door. There my temp will be taken and I will be given hand sanitizer to use. Masks are required until the procedure starts. After they are done you will be taken out the back and not through the front office.

Ted722
5/15/2020 4:32pm
I have a friend who’s a dentist in Sacramento county. He’s back up and running. More precautions, less chairs in the waiting room and extra sensitive to easing the fears / anxieties of his patients. The other dentist I know in Santa Clare County is still emergency cases only.
Nairb#70
5/15/2020 5:45pm
I'm scheduling hip replacement surgery and I have to get a dental exam because I have not had one in the last year. They wont schedule surgery without one and I can appreciate why, they require a clean bill of health. Trouble is, I cant find a single dentist open near me. So what was a month away now seems like it might be much longer.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/15/2020 6:38pm
Nairb#70 wrote:
I'm scheduling hip replacement surgery and I have to get a dental exam because I have not had one in the last year. They wont schedule...
I'm scheduling hip replacement surgery and I have to get a dental exam because I have not had one in the last year. They wont schedule surgery without one and I can appreciate why, they require a clean bill of health. Trouble is, I cant find a single dentist open near me. So what was a month away now seems like it might be much longer.
You might find they may be opening up real soon. I’m on the other side of the Country but it looks like they are getting real close to giving the okay for dentist
to get back to work on non emergency procedures.
Good luck 👍
fcr
5/16/2020 12:49pm
I’m opening in Southern California next week. This has been a cluster f*** for my line of work. Been at my office since the first day seeing emergencies, OSHA seems to be in charge. They have created a new reason for more funding since the HIV issues and dental office’s. The gouging on PPE is out of control, what cost $30.00/12 throw away coverups is now $300/12. If you can find them. Masks hahaha yeah use a plastic water bottle
jpatz319
Fantasy
1145th
5/18/2020 12:14pm
I had a mtb crash just as the lockdown started. I had to find a dentist that was open to fix the three cracked teeth that I had. I was able to get the one pulled and a crown put on the other. I still have to go get another crown but I am not looking forward to sitting in the chair again.
Chance1216
5/18/2020 11:07pm
Dental offices are opening in Seattle area tomorrow. My crown was postponed from March till June.
7I3N
5/19/2020 6:50am
When to my dentist yesterday for a filling that came out. Aside from taking my temperature when I came into the office, it was business as usual.
AJ565
5/19/2020 9:38am
I had an appointment I was supposed to go to last week. They called to remind me and then tell me that there was something like $10 for a PPE fee. The same PPE they use every time I go in anyways.
71Fish
5/19/2020 2:54pm
KennyT wrote:
I was in the middle of a tooth implant procedure when this virus busted out. Was just called in last week for the final check up...
I was in the middle of a tooth implant procedure when this virus busted out. Was just called in last week for the final check up from the surgeon before getting my actual tooth put n by my regular dentist.

The Dr and assistant of course had mask on and did my X-rays and exam, naturally I could not wear a mask. So my next step is to go to my other dentist and now they are closed down for the time being.

Just curious if anyone else has been into see their dentist lately and what your thoughts are on possible infection. I’ve heard of others getting their teeth cleaned, seems non emergency to me.
I'm in the middle of an implant myself. Going in Thurs to get the new tooth put in. All of my procedures were before any lockdowns so I don't know what procedures they follow.
They are doing cleanings though because they called my wife to remind her of the cleaning she scheduled 6 months ago.
Nairb#70
5/28/2020 2:48pm
Nairb#70 wrote:
I'm scheduling hip replacement surgery and I have to get a dental exam because I have not had one in the last year. They wont schedule...
KennyT wrote:
You might find they may be opening up real soon. I’m on the other side of the Country but it looks like they are getting real...
You might find they may be opening up real soon. I’m on the other side of the Country but it looks like they are getting real close to giving the okay for dentist
to get back to work on non emergency procedures.
Good luck 👍
Finally made it to the dentist today, fortunately no problems there so the surgeons office can go ahead and schedule my hip surgery, took about a month from when all this got started. Not so bad.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
8/26/2022 5:38am
My opinion. The world is a giant rock spinning approximately 1000mph, in a vast, seemingly infinite thing we call space. Just about anything can happen at...
My opinion.

While that may be true, we don't have to speed the process and do stupid shit.
TM
Warlock
Fantasy
910th
8/27/2022 8:15am
jeffro503 wrote:

Had almost the same deal. My molars roots grew partially AROUND my jawbone. He had to use a hammer and chisel(?) to break the root so he could pull the tooth. Not fun.Sad

Post a reply to: Anyone been to a dentist in the past few months?

The Latest