TXDirt
3/31/2022 3:01am
Depression is a major symptom.

Self medication. Alcohol and drugs.
crowe660
Fantasy
3962nd
3/31/2022 3:12am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2022 3:15am
I started to notice a higher level of anxiety when stuff started opening up last year. A lot less trust of people in public. Spending two years looking at the world through my phone wasn’t ideal.

I’m way more irritable, but mostly just lost motivation to do almost anything.
3/31/2022 3:52am
For me its been panic attacks, depression, constant dread, feeling tired all the time, brain fog. I had a panic attack so bad a month ago I went to the ER. I always feel like this during the winter but Ive been dealing with way more stress lately so its been a little worse this year.
Crush
3/31/2022 5:23am
Had a few panic attacks over the years. Almost always when I’m not exercising enough and I’m stressed as fuck. The simple advice is often the best, look after the basics, the big problems tend to look after themselves.

The Shop

3/31/2022 5:43am
Yeah. That overwhelming feeling of dread is a mindfuck sometimes. I will lose all ability to focus on any thoughts at times and just need to shut down for a moment, block stimuli, and breath for a minute to get a coherent thought through my head.

I also get physically sick from certain triggers to the point of vomiting, and I have a vasovagal response to nausea, so that's a nice double whammy SickSideways
alphado
3/31/2022 6:12am
I can't shut my brain off. I will lie in bed up all night just thinking. All my thoughts are always negative as well.

I have taken myself out of pretty big stressful situation and it has helped. I was the Chief of a local fire department during the beginning of the pandemic. Lots of politics and backstabbing thee as well. I retired from there a year ago and it has helped immensely.

Trying to focus more on things that make me happy. Hence my reason for being back on here more. Motocross has always been a positive for me.

It is definitely a big struggle for me, but so far I am winning.
alphado
3/31/2022 6:13am
I talked to my family doctor about it too. He explained how it is all related to hormone levels. It also helped to realize that there are many people struggling with this. I thought I was going crazy.
alphado
3/31/2022 6:16am
I also quit watching any news or reading about current events. I started to get caught up in the Ukraine invasion and had to back away. Can't worry about things I have no control over.

Sorry to keep ranting, but this is good therapy.
agn5008
Fantasy
343rd
3/31/2022 6:29am
alphado wrote:
I can't shut my brain off. I will lie in bed up all night just thinking. All my thoughts are always negative as well. I have...
I can't shut my brain off. I will lie in bed up all night just thinking. All my thoughts are always negative as well.

I have taken myself out of pretty big stressful situation and it has helped. I was the Chief of a local fire department during the beginning of the pandemic. Lots of politics and backstabbing thee as well. I retired from there a year ago and it has helped immensely.

Trying to focus more on things that make me happy. Hence my reason for being back on here more. Motocross has always been a positive for me.

Dang you sound a lot like me. I rarely ever sleep. I’ll lay awake for at least half the night usually then go back in for 12 hour shifts… my memory is shot, I struggle with brain fog, stress is about to the max, anxiety through the roof, etc. I just had my thyroid removed due to thyroid cancer 2 weeks ago. I hope that was causing a lot of my recent problems and I can get back to normal. Although the sleep issue has been my whole life.
JAFO92
3/31/2022 6:44am
Good stuff Alph, thanks for sharing.

Hope you are okay over there Lenny, love you bro.
jjavaman
Fantasy
3706th
3/31/2022 7:24am
I used to have brutal panic attacks, couldn’t leave the house,etc. my doctor was not a pill pusher so he had me start exercising and eating healthier, more fruits and vegetables. It really worked as I very seldom(every 4-5 years) have an attack now. Believe it or not I used to use that saying from Dune when I felt one coming and it helped immensely.
🤞
Big Lenny
3/31/2022 1:43pm
alphado wrote:
I can't shut my brain off. I will lie in bed up all night just thinking. All my thoughts are always negative as well. I have...

Thanks Alph..Seems like I was listenin' to him talk..Gonna change his diet immediately..So far he got up sick this morning he started putting fluids in his body and started to get better so I went to him some Esure to get his appetite going again..Man the look on his face last night was scary...Dry
SKIDLID
Fantasy
918th
3/31/2022 6:55pm
alphado wrote:
I also quit watching any news or reading about current events. I started to get caught up in the Ukraine invasion and had to back away...
I also quit watching any news or reading about current events. I started to get caught up in the Ukraine invasion and had to back away. Can't worry about things I have no control over.

Sorry to keep ranting, but this is good therapy.
Not sure if I have anxiety but the last two years watching news makes me sad or angry, so I avoid the news and reading all but the comics of newspapers. I feel better.
3/31/2022 7:58pm
If the media went away, so would 80% of the world’s problems.
SEEMEFIRST
3/31/2022 8:58pm
1911 wrote:
I'm guessing he's talking about a child, not himself.
3/31/2022 9:09pm
1911 wrote:
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
I need to pay more attention.
Bill_Carroll
Fantasy
1077th
3/31/2022 9:36pm
Long story short
YES...Take Sertraline for it.

Can tell ya why but thats another book..Wink
SEEMEFIRST
3/31/2022 9:37pm
1911 wrote:
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
1911 wrote:
I need to pay more attention.
I don't know this, just speculating.
3/31/2022 10:38pm
Had a senior military leader tell me this behind closed doors.

Flip the switch and make it your bitch.

….and I’ll Be damned it helps with all kinds of issues….
sumdood
Fantasy
1333rd
3/31/2022 11:21pm
Had a senior military leader tell me this behind closed doors. Flip the switch and make it your bitch. ….and I’ll Be damned it helps with...
Had a senior military leader tell me this behind closed doors.

Flip the switch and make it your bitch.

….and I’ll Be damned it helps with all kinds of issues….
Interesting, I am going to etch that one into my memory bank and hopefully figure out a way to do just that. Thanks
ocscottie
4/1/2022 12:03am
Has anyone had to kick xanax? Dude that was straight torture! Thought opioids were bad...uggh. I

Big Lenny
4/1/2022 4:27am
Yeah. That overwhelming feeling of dread is a mindfuck sometimes. I will lose all ability to focus on any thoughts at times and just need to...
Yeah. That overwhelming feeling of dread is a mindfuck sometimes. I will lose all ability to focus on any thoughts at times and just need to shut down for a moment, block stimuli, and breath for a minute to get a coherent thought through my head.

I also get physically sick from certain triggers to the point of vomiting, and I have a vasovagal response to nausea, so that's a nice double whammy SickSideways
Thanks..You Cat's have given me a shitload of info that he was tryin' to explain..He was in a way better mood today and was finally able to eat and drink fluids..I went with the Nexium and Ensure because his diet is not the greatest...Dry

Post a reply to: Anybody here suffer from anxiety?..

The Latest