Any hot stock tips? :)

XXVoid MainXX
Edited Date/Time 12/26/2017 1:47pm
Just opened a Scottrade account. Thinking about investing a little money since the market is so low. Smile Haven't bought anything yet, any hot tips? Smile
|
71Fish
1/21/2016 8:40pm
Penny stocks. Might get lucky.
Sully
1/21/2016 8:45pm
Buy low, sell high.

"...greed, for lack of a better word, is good." - Gordon Gekko
Tumblin
1/21/2016 10:50pm
Sully wrote:
Buy low, sell high.

"...greed, for lack of a better word, is good." - Gordon Gekko
There's some basement prices coming to a trader near you, but which will climb back? Ammo

The Shop

1/22/2016 3:50am Edited Date/Time 1/22/2016 3:51am
I do but you're going to need 1.21 jiggawatts and a deloreon. Netflix, Apple, and Monster is all you need to know.

I started an Etrade account and the only advice I can come up with is pharmaceuticals. The amount of advertising that all these companies do should almost be illegal. They are always on TV and it seems like every year there is some horrible disease that is going to kill us (anthrax, ebola, swine flu, bird flu, hiv) and it always maked their stock prices shoot up.
Sandberm
1/22/2016 5:24am
I'll just shoot from the hip here. If anything this thread should bring Borg back out of the shadows....and Newmann will extoll the virtues of his 36 rental properties. Silly

GPRO, you might wait an see if it retests the low of 9.90 first. Buyout rumors evry so often cause price spikes. I think the PE ratio is at 7 now too.

GM, americans love pickups and with gas forecasted to stay low for a while, guys will be buying em.

WEAT, wheat etf. Wait and let it retest low of 8.88.....I was talking to a guy....who said there is potential for upward movement of the price of wheat if the midwest gets their forecasted heat and drought this summer.
XXVoid MainXX
1/22/2016 6:01am
Uncle Tony wrote:
Oil
That's actually what got me interested in this. I was thinking if I could just buy a lot of barrels of oil and sell them again next year when the price is back up where it surely will be It's a sure thing. Problem is, I guess it's not that simple. Smile
Sandberm
1/22/2016 8:08am Edited Date/Time 1/22/2016 12:12pm
You can support mx by buying Blue Buffalo.

Blue Buffalo, BUFF. Earnings are forecast to go from 71 cents per share in 2015 to 80 cents per share in 2016

Take it easy on me, Im no JFK
steed 2.0
1/22/2016 10:58am
Uncle Tony wrote:
Oil
That's actually what got me interested in this. I was thinking if I could just buy a lot of barrels of oil and sell them again...
That's actually what got me interested in this. I was thinking if I could just buy a lot of barrels of oil and sell them again next year when the price is back up where it surely will be It's a sure thing. Problem is, I guess it's not that simple. Smile
Oil-Products Storage Facilities http://quotes.wsj.com/NL/VPK
71Fish
1/22/2016 11:51am
Sandberm wrote:
You can support mx by buying Blue Buffalo. Blue Buffalo, BUFF. Earnings are forecast to go from 71 cents per share in 2015 to 80 cents...

Blue Buffalo, BUFF. Earnings are forecast to go from 71 cents per share in 2015 to 80 cents per share in 2016

Are you related to Dan Quail?

A coworker bought penny stock from some medical marijuana company. I don't think he's made any money yet, but he won't be out much if it doesn't grow.
Sandberm
1/22/2016 12:11pm
Sandberm wrote:
You can support mx by buying Blue Buffalo. Blue Buffalo, BUFF. Earnings are forecast to go from 71 cents per share in 2015 to 80 cents...

71Fish wrote:
Are you related to Dan Quail? A coworker bought penny stock from some medical marijuana company. I don't think he's made any money yet, but he...

A coworker bought penny stock from some medical marijuana company. I don't think he's made any money yet, but he won't be out much if it doesn't grow.
Just what are you trying to saye 71fish? Blush
71Fish
1/22/2016 12:46pm
Sandberm wrote:

71Fish wrote:
Are you related to Dan Quail? A coworker bought penny stock from some medical marijuana company. I don't think he's made any money yet, but he...

Sandberm wrote:
Just what are you trying to saye 71fish? Blush
Haha just a joke. Good edit
Dtat720
1/22/2016 1:05pm
If you want to get in on oil, conoco phillips. Q4 predictions are tapping $100 a barrel again. Sitting at 32 today higher than the 27 from yesterday. Get in now and let it sit until elections. Democrat, sell, gop, keep till end of year and sell. Pharma is always good, follow what new meds are in testing and whats waiting approval, buy in before the official approval, dump shortly after the first wave. Find a good analytics program and run what you are interested in, look at the peaks and valleys. Buy in the valley, try and sell at the peak.

There are several very good daytraders on twitter who show analytics on stuff everyday. If you are on twitter, follow scotrade and etrade and the daytraders will start following you to see what tips you have. Follow them back and see what they are doing.
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
1/22/2016 4:37pm
Advice from a friend who is a very successful finance guy: Buy stock(s) in companies that you are interested in the product they make.

So obviously we are all interested in motorcycles/motocross and so find companies in those industries and follow them and invest when the timing is right. GoPro is/was an example of that..

There has been a lot of turmoil in the market and I think there is still a bigger correction coming. Right now the Feds are pumping $85 billion into the economy to keep interest rates low...meaning wall street is borrowing cheap money to invest which is artificially inflating the stock market..As we know the Feds raised interest rates before Xmas..easing the stimulus.
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
1/22/2016 4:39pm
Dtat720 wrote:
If you want to get in on oil, conoco phillips. Q4 predictions are tapping $100 a barrel again. Sitting at 32 today higher than the 27...
If you want to get in on oil, conoco phillips. Q4 predictions are tapping $100 a barrel again. Sitting at 32 today higher than the 27 from yesterday. Get in now and let it sit until elections. Democrat, sell, gop, keep till end of year and sell. Pharma is always good, follow what new meds are in testing and whats waiting approval, buy in before the official approval, dump shortly after the first wave. Find a good analytics program and run what you are interested in, look at the peaks and valleys. Buy in the valley, try and sell at the peak.

There are several very good daytraders on twitter who show analytics on stuff everyday. If you are on twitter, follow scotrade and etrade and the daytraders will start following you to see what tips you have. Follow them back and see what they are doing.
$100 a barrel..where did you read that? Doesn't seems likely with the flooding of oil and Iran coming online.
Hut
1/22/2016 4:59pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2016 5:00pm
Best prediction I have seen was per barrel double by the end of the year. So $50-60 maybe. Huh
Dtat720
1/22/2016 5:23pm
Dtat720 wrote:
If you want to get in on oil, conoco phillips. Q4 predictions are tapping $100 a barrel again. Sitting at 32 today higher than the 27...

Brad460 wrote:
$100 a barrel..where did you read that? Doesn't seems likely with the flooding of oil and Iran coming online.
My family owns oil land in 14 states. Follow it fairly closely. Even with our reserves in the us, indicators show demand will increase by q4 enough to push it toward $100 a barrel again.

There was an article in Forbes this week speaking of it as well.

I mentioned conoco phillips, i dont have any connection with them, we lease our land to Denbury and another company who manage everything. Conoco Phillips is making moves in south america and here to really push their stocks up this year. BP/ Shell will also to an extent, but they are offshore mostly and that doesnt get pumping as fast as land production, which is Conoco. South America Conoco has both but offshore hasnt stopped like BP offshore here has.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
1/22/2016 5:28pm
Just opened a Scottrade account. Thinking about investing a little money since the market is so low. Smile Haven't bought anything yet, any hot tips? Smile
didn't bother to read all so if someone has already posted this hot pick please disregard,

"SELL"

But in all seriousness, it depends on if you want safe or secure,
A good friend of mine started a company call Realty Investment Co.
Trades under the Ticker "O" on the NYSE,
Their business model does not depend in any way on the economy.
One day over the camp fire he was telling me the stringent requirements
that a company has to meet to be a tenant. Very quality tenants.
Pays regular dividends and just always gets better. Just a safe long term
investment.
Sandberm
1/22/2016 6:36pm
ToolMaker wrote:
didn't bother to read all so if someone has already posted this hot pick please disregard, "SELL" But in all seriousness, it depends on if you...
didn't bother to read all so if someone has already posted this hot pick please disregard,

"SELL"

But in all seriousness, it depends on if you want safe or secure,
A good friend of mine started a company call Realty Investment Co.
Trades under the Ticker "O" on the NYSE,
Their business model does not depend in any way on the economy.
One day over the camp fire he was telling me the stringent requirements
that a company has to meet to be a tenant. Very quality tenants.
Pays regular dividends and just always gets better. Just a safe long term
investment.
O

Not bad! Nice chart. I'll look into what dividends it pays this weekend

Thanks Toolmaker
tcannon521
Fantasy
1398th
1/22/2016 7:14pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2016 7:14pm
You need to ask motodude not us ;-)
Old-Man
1/22/2016 8:52pm
PM sent. Welcome to your new home, be seeing you a lot less here on Vital once you get going...LaughingWink
RACERX69
1/23/2016 7:12am
First rule of investing...Don't get stock tips from people on the internet!!!

Brad460
Fantasy
736th
1/23/2016 7:20am
Dtat720 wrote:
My family owns oil land in 14 states. Follow it fairly closely. Even with our reserves in the us, indicators show demand will increase by q4...
My family owns oil land in 14 states. Follow it fairly closely. Even with our reserves in the us, indicators show demand will increase by q4 enough to push it toward $100 a barrel again.

There was an article in Forbes this week speaking of it as well.

I mentioned conoco phillips, i dont have any connection with them, we lease our land to Denbury and another company who manage everything. Conoco Phillips is making moves in south america and here to really push their stocks up this year. BP/ Shell will also to an extent, but they are offshore mostly and that doesnt get pumping as fast as land production, which is Conoco. South America Conoco has both but offshore hasnt stopped like BP offshore here has.
Well I sure hope it goes to $100! I work in the oil and gas industry and my job may depend on it. My family has also leased land to ConocoPhillips up in North Dakota...we thought for sure they would drill on it..until oil sunk Sad
1/23/2016 11:25am
" Strange game, the only winning move is to not play"

Good luck, the market is rigged. Buy real estate and become a slumlord
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
1/23/2016 4:14pm
RACERX69 wrote:
First rule of investing...Don't get stock tips from people on the internet!!!

Thank You! The voice of reason!
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
1/23/2016 4:26pm
Well, I lost 3 bucks on my first day of trading. Smile
Be careful how you trade...if you buy and sell the same securities or substantially similar securities too often you get marked as a pattern day trader and you have to maintain $25k balance

Post a reply to: Any hot stock tips? :)

The Latest