Any car/truck interior dudes in here?

Moto96
Youngest bought a really low use 46,000 all original 07 truck. Super clean.

All it really needs is a new drivers sidepower bucket seat rebuild. Passenger and back seat is perfect. All the electrics work, but needs the material(leather or whatever it actually is) padding, and springs on the seat (ass) part.

I think the electric element for the seat ass part is broken too as it is dead. The back part heater works.
Any inside info on buying the items, and who should I have install it?

Or just have an interior place redo it with all their stuff?
I did find some videos on youtube with places selling the stuff, but is this stuff as good as OEM?

The driver side armrest is dryrotted and cracked.

The headliner is sagging in a few spots. Not the hard part, the material is separating from it in a few spots but is perfectly clean and in perfect shape otherwise.

Can you pull it out the whole headliner, spray with hairspray and roll it back down?

TBH, I can't see what would cause the liner to separate like that. There are no water stains or anything. Its like the glue just dried out or something being black and the sun beating on it?

Whaddya think?

|
newmann
8/16/2018 7:11pm
Take a visit to your local auto upholstery shop and get a quote. You may be surprised at how reasonable some of them are.

The headliner cloth has a foam backing that deteriorates, that is the reason it has fallen. The only fix is to pull the complete headliner from the truck, remove the fabric and scrape off all the old foam residue. I've seen wire wheels, wire brushes and coarse grit sandpaper used to remove it.
MR. X
8/16/2018 7:22pm
Theres a video on youtube about making the headliner stick again . Any junkyards nearby that might have a whole seat ?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/16/2018 8:05pm
Like MR. X said, call around and check with a scrap/auto parts yard. You'd be surprised what you can get for your money.
Moto96
8/16/2018 10:08pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Like MR. X said, call around and check with a scrap/auto parts yard. You'd be surprised what you can get for your money.
Mav and X Thats on the agenda also. Was too late today. I'll check into the headliner vid.

Newmann, would you suggest I let them do it and use their materials, or buy one of the kits I see on youtube and have them install?

The Shop

Moto96
9/19/2018 11:07am
newmann wrote:
Take a visit to your local auto upholstery shop and get a quote. You may be surprised at how reasonable some of them are. The headliner...
Take a visit to your local auto upholstery shop and get a quote. You may be surprised at how reasonable some of them are.

The headliner cloth has a foam backing that deteriorates, that is the reason it has fallen. The only fix is to pull the complete headliner from the truck, remove the fabric and scrape off all the old foam residue. I've seen wire wheels, wire brushes and coarse grit sandpaper used to remove it.
Easy enough. Under that foam stuff where the headliner is, it looks like fiberglass weaving but I think its the old glue.

I wonder if upholstery shops can redo it like original or even use the fabric. Seems it separates from the thin foam. Stuff is fine, looks brand new really.

Post a reply to: Any car/truck interior dudes in here?

The Latest