Any car audio enthusiasts here?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/3/2018 4:16 PM

Just got myself a new rig, A 2012 gmc sierra regular cab with 12k miles. I was wondering is there like a audio website with a bunch of good speakers. Like the pc part picker of car audio i guess. The stock stuff is pretty trash. Any good stuff to recomend?

|

2009 RMZ 250 (sold)
2004 LTZ 400
#nukethequads

10/3/2018 4:36 PM

I use sonicelectronix.com for all my stuff. Pretty good prices.

|

10/3/2018 9:19 PM

Read up a TON before shopping.

|

10/3/2018 11:11 PM

Rockford Fosgate bring you big piggy bank though.........

|

10/4/2018 7:00 AM

Deja New wrote:

Bang & Olufsen and bring two piggy banks. smile

|

10/4/2018 7:55 AM

I don't see any retail car speakers from Bang & Olufsen. Where are you seeing them? Do you have a link? Thanks.

|

10/4/2018 8:12 AM

Crutchfield

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

10/4/2018 9:03 AM

Im a fan of crutchfield because their customer service is awesome. Dont bother buying from anyone else.
Btw dont expect to have the best sounding system in the world. Regular cabs dont have much interior space

|

10/4/2018 9:19 AM

colintrax wrote:

Im a fan of crutchfield because their customer service is awesome. Dont bother buying from anyone else.
Btw dont expect to ...more

I know, im thinking some good speakers and maybe fitting a sub behind the seat. The stock speaker clarity isnt that great. And im looking at the pioneer updated radio that supports android play. Anyone have experience with that?

|

2009 RMZ 250 (sold)
2004 LTZ 400
#nukethequads

10/4/2018 9:58 AM

Deja New wrote:

Foghorn wrote:

Bang & Olufsen and bring two piggy banks. smile

Is that a new version of Netflix and chill or something?

|

10/4/2018 9:59 AM

|

10/4/2018 10:00 AM

Marty1028 wrote:

I know, im thinking some good speakers and maybe fitting a sub behind the seat. The stock speaker clarity isnt that great. And ...more

2012 should have the incorporated radio. Some of the early vehicles using the headunit as a vehicle computer dont like new headunits being put in.
For now I'm leaving the factory radio in my colorado because its gonna cost so damn much to do a swap.
Hit up crutchfields chat people. Theyll be able to help you there and link you to what you need. If you dont like the price just find it on amazon. Seriously their people know their shit and will get you set up without issues.

|

10/4/2018 10:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2018 10:26 AM

Sony XR75 pre-amp out in dash

[LINK TO IMAGE]

XE9 hanging under the dash

Photo

A pair of modded XM120's under the front seats

Photo

A Linear 602 screwed to the A/C box in the passenger foot well

Photo

Alpine ribbon tweeters up front, Alpine plate mounts in the doors, 10 inch Alpine subs in the rear deck between a pair of 6x9 Pioneer three ways.....man, the 68 Camaro was a rocking. smile The things that were important in high school.

|

10/4/2018 11:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2018 11:39 AM

KDXGarage wrote:

I don't see any retail car speakers from Bang & Olufsen. Where are you seeing them? Do you have a link? Thanks.

Looks like they sold their car audio branch to Harman Kardon in 2015. Before that, I believe they made custom systems for a few high end auto brands and rich guys.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/bang-and-olufsen-sells-car-division-to-harman-kardon-news/

|

10/4/2018 4:29 PM

If your stock stereo isn't blown a very nice cheap upgrade are the Kenwood 6X9 4-way speakers (you'll have to check fitment on your Chevy). They paired up really well in my F-150. They not only sounded better...I could crank it up more. Now the stereo distorts before the speakers.

If you want loud clean sound you're gonna need a new head unit and start looking at specs...signal to noise, THD, frequency response. It's all out there if you take time to look. Crutchfield is a great starting point. It's rare to find an audio retailer that has hands-on displays anymore.

There aren't that many things in life more satisfying than a really good stereo in your ride. Money well spent imo.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

10/4/2018 5:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2018 5:31 PM

Some sound advice (pardon the pun):

Get some of that Dynamat stuff and line your door panels and headliner with it. Cancel out some of the noise from that big ol' metal truck and you'll reap the rewards in sonic goodness, no matter what stereo you put in.

BTW, I have a system running Diamond Audio speakers and an old a/d/s PQ10 amp in my Tacoma. It sounded awesome in an old Mercedes I had, but sounds like crap in the Toyota. I need some Dynamat, I'd bet. :-)

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

10/4/2018 8:20 PM

Read up on some co-axial speakers with an external box crossover.

You will need an amp to go with the sub.

Read up on network mode in the Pioneer head. See if that "sounds" good to you.

|

10/4/2018 10:09 PM

Holy crap Newmann I hadn't seen anything "Linear Power" for years. They had their mfg out off of Bell road in Auburn Ca for years. Now I read they're still in biz out of Miss and Ok ... used to be able to walk up and check out their newest "goodies" back in the early 80's. Very cool.

|

10/5/2018 12:44 PM

In my collection, all NOS in the box:

Pioneer KP-8500 Supertuner
Pioneer TS-X9s
Pioneer TS-107s
Pioneer AD-50 EQ/Amp

|

"We don't rent pigs."

10/5/2018 12:54 PM

JAFO92 wrote:

In my collection, all NOS in the box:

Pioneer KP-8500 Supertuner
Pioneer TS-X9s
Pioneer TS-107s
Pioneer AD-50 EQ/Amp

We saving all that for an AAR Cuda or something???

|

10/5/2018 2:05 PM

newmann wrote:

We saving all that for an AAR Cuda or something???

Building a new shop in 2019 and got a few resto projects in mind. cool

|

"We don't rent pigs."

10/8/2018 1:53 PM

www.creativeaudio.net

Super knowledgeable guys and very helpful!!
|