Another school shooting

lestat
Edited Date/Time 4/5/2018 7:41am
US school shooting: Gunman dies after being shot in Maryland http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43474309
|
hillbilly
3/20/2018 11:57am
Good on that safety officer .

What's that Hogg kid gonna say now about guns in school?
TXDirt
3/20/2018 12:12pm
The school resource officer — St. Mary's County sheriff's Deputy Blaine Gaskill — was alerted to the gunfire and confronted the gunman in less than a minute, according to Cameron.

Gaskill "fired at the shooter almost simultaneously as the shooter fired," Cameron said, without detailing how the gunman was injured. The officer was not wounded.

Gaskill is also a trained member of the sheriff's SWAT team, officials said.

That bold part makes a big difference!!
AHRMA361
Fantasy
180th
3/20/2018 1:00pm
That SRO could probably name his salary if he moved to South Florida.

He is a tough SOB and a hero to the rest of those kids and teachers he kept safe today.
mxb2
3/20/2018 1:26pm
Not far from budds creek mx. Good thing the officer had a gun, instead of a staple gun to throw at him.

The Shop

newmann
3/20/2018 1:47pm
In Maryland where there is gun control.
Shooter had a hand gun.
Armed officer shot him dead like a BOSS!

These things aren't good for news ratings.
jasonward73
3/20/2018 1:58pm
The SRO at the FL shooting had a gun too. He was unfortunately outgunned by the civilian teenager. MURICA!
mxb2
3/20/2018 1:58pm
newmann wrote:
In Maryland where there is gun control. Shooter had a hand gun. Armed officer shot him dead like a BOSS! These things aren't good for news...
Shooter had a hand gun.

Dam right, md police dont play. Stupid games, stupid prizes.
peelout
3/20/2018 2:10pm
The SRO at the FL shooting had a gun too. He was unfortunately outgunned by the civilian teenager. MURICA!
you mean "he was too busy hiding outside rather than protecting those he swore to protect"
newmann
3/20/2018 3:01pm
peelout wrote:
you mean "he was too busy hiding outside rather than protecting those he swore to protect"
Browards Cowards.

lumpy790
3/20/2018 3:03pm
newmann wrote:
In Maryland where there is gun control. Shooter had a hand gun. Armed officer shot him dead like a BOSS! These things aren't good for news...
Shooter had a hand gun.

mxb2 wrote:
Not far from your old stomping grounds bro.

My neighbor is also a sheriffs sniper and worked in schools for years. IMO That is a good thing to have in every school.
NorCal 50+
3/20/2018 3:34pm
Good on him. That's why he's there, and he did his job.
mxb2
3/20/2018 4:37pm
newmann wrote:
Shooter had a hand gun.

mxb2 wrote:
lumpy790 wrote:
Not far from your old stomping grounds bro. My neighbor is also a sheriffs sniper and worked in schools for years. IMO That is a good...
Not far from your old stomping grounds bro.

My neighbor is also a sheriffs sniper and worked in schools for years. IMO That is a good thing to have in every school.
Yessir.
steed 2.0
3/20/2018 5:33pm
You know what's shocking me ... it doesn't shock me anymore ... the same thing in Europe with those terrorists... overexposure I guess?!
Mr. G
3/20/2018 10:45pm
As predicted. In fact the next shooter is ready. Already has a fully loaded rifle and target picked out. What do we do?
kongols
3/21/2018 1:54am
Haven`t read much. Who did he shot? His old girlfriend and her new boyfriend?
Shiftfaced
3/21/2018 6:25am
This shooter only had a Gloc 9mm.

Only having a handgun, instead of an AR-15, somewhat limited the capacity/potential of this criminal.

And, hey, only two kids in critical condition!

This is acceptable?

easydoesit
3/21/2018 7:06am Edited Date/Time 3/21/2018 7:06am
Shiftfaced wrote:
This shooter only had a Gloc 9mm. Only having a handgun, instead of an AR-15, somewhat limited the capacity/potential of this criminal. And, hey, only two...

Only having a handgun, instead of an AR-15, somewhat limited the capacity/potential of this criminal.

This is acceptable?

Exactly.

Who would the officer want to face? Someone with a 9mm pistol or someone with an AR15 assault rifle?

I can see how the barrage of fire from the AR15 made the other officer crap his pants.

MR. X
3/21/2018 7:17am
Shiftfaced wrote:
This shooter only had a Gloc 9mm. Only having a handgun, instead of an AR-15, somewhat limited the capacity/potential of this criminal. And, hey, only two...

This is acceptable?

easydoesit wrote:
Exactly. Who would the officer want to face? Someone with a 9mm pistol or someone with an AR15 assault rifle? I can see how the barrage...
Exactly.

Who would the officer want to face? Someone with a 9mm pistol or someone with an AR15 assault rifle?

I can see how the barrage of fire from the AR15 made the other officer crap his pants.

Just stop ,you both are clueless.
Shiftfaced
3/21/2018 7:42am Edited Date/Time 3/21/2018 7:58am
MR. X wrote:
How so? How am I "clueless"?

This kid wanted to kill his ex, and he brought a pea shooter onto campus.

It was a gun that was equivalent to the fire power that the SRO had, and it was stopped quickly.

What if that kid had chosen an AR-15, with high capacity magazines?

What then?

Would the officer have responded? Would there only be two victims, or would there have been another 17?

You need your guns to keep your government honest. Lets say you have to use it in that capacity. Are you shooting city police? State troopers? Soldiers? Marines?

You "love" your country, but you also need the ability to kill those people who wear the uniform, right?
easydoesit
3/21/2018 7:42am
Shiftfaced wrote:

This is acceptable?

easydoesit wrote:
Exactly. Who would the officer want to face? Someone with a 9mm pistol or someone with an AR15 assault rifle? I can see how the barrage...
Exactly.

MR. X wrote:
LOL
Shiftfaced
3/21/2018 7:49am
Here is a picture of Eric Parker, from Central Idaho. He headed on down to Nevada to help Cliven Bundy get out of paying his federal grazing fees.

Looks to me like he was willing to kill those federal agents for simply doing their job.

But what do I know?

MR. X
3/21/2018 8:12am
Shiftfaced wrote:
How so? How am I "clueless"? This kid wanted to kill his ex, and he brought a pea shooter onto campus. It was a gun that...

It was a gun that was equivalent to the fire power that the SRO had, and it was stopped quickly.

What then?

Would the officer have responded? Would there only be two victims, or would there have been another 17?

You need your guns to keep your government honest. Lets say you have to use it in that capacity. Are you shooting city police? State troopers? Soldiers? Marines?

You "love" your country, but you also need the ability to kill those people who wear the uniform, right?
That's alot of assumptions you made . I really don't care to argue with you . You made a statement that is complete nonsense to push your anti sporting rifle agenda . We'll leave it at that.
mxdude105
3/21/2018 8:20am
Glad Maryland's "common sense" gun laws helped prevent another shooting. Oh, wait...
easydoesit
3/21/2018 8:22am
Shiftfaced wrote:
How so? How am I "clueless"? This kid wanted to kill his ex, and he brought a pea shooter onto campus. It was a gun that...

What then?

MR. X wrote:
That's alot of assumptions you made . I really don't care to argue with you . You made a statement that is complete nonsense to push...
That's alot of assumptions you made . I really don't care to argue with you . You made a statement that is complete nonsense to push your anti sporting rifle agenda . We'll leave it at that.
A sporting rifle?

So an AR15 is a sporting rifle? Oh, yes, the sport of hunting humans. I believe it is catching on too.
TXDirt
3/21/2018 8:33am Edited Date/Time 3/21/2018 8:34am
MR. X wrote:
Shiftfaced wrote:

What then?

Officer Gaskill is a trained member of the sheriff's SWAT team.

I don't think he would have been intimidated no matter what weapon the shooter was using. And I feel very confident he would have confronted the shooter regardless.
newmann
3/21/2018 8:34am
Shiftfaced wrote:
Here is a picture of Eric Parker, from Central Idaho. He headed on down to Nevada to help Cliven Bundy get out of paying his federal...
Here is a picture of Eric Parker, from Central Idaho. He headed on down to Nevada to help Cliven Bundy get out of paying his federal grazing fees.

Looks to me like he was willing to kill those federal agents for simply doing their job.

But what do I know?

newmann
3/21/2018 8:39am
Shiftfaced wrote:

This is acceptable?

easydoesit wrote:
Exactly.

MR. X wrote:
Yep.

30 rounds

50 rounds

Shiftfaced
3/21/2018 8:46am
MR. X wrote:
That's alot of assumptions you made . I really don't care to argue with you . You made a statement that is complete nonsense to push...
Translation: "I got nothing".

Post a reply to: Another school shooting

The Latest