Another Floyd cover

Related:
Create New Tag

11/17/2017 2:52 PM

This is in my top 5 Floyd songs.

I don't think I want to hear it again for a while after doing this.

|

11/17/2017 3:56 PM

Can you imagine scratching out an entire album and then going on a year long tour playing the shit?

|

11/17/2017 4:36 PM

reded wrote:

Can you imagine scratching out an entire album and then going on a year long tour playing the shit?

I've covered lots of different bands. Most of the time a song like Wicked Game would take me 3 or 4 days working a few hours a day. Floyd is off the charts. We're talking weeks and weeks. It could be that I'm just slow but there is so much complexity and nuance under the surface with them.

There was more to this job than meets the eye. Fun to do though.

|

11/17/2017 4:44 PM

Have you ever covered "We are the Champions" by Queen? If so is that hard to sing?

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

11/17/2017 4:52 PM

Reese95w wrote:

Have you ever covered "We are the Champions" by Queen? If so is that hard to sing?

I have to pick my songs carefully. I could never sing anything Freddie did. To be honest, I pick songs that I can barely get by singing, mostly so I can do the music. If you listen to any of my songs to hear me sing, you are wasting your time. But then again you'll only do it once.

|

11/18/2017 3:16 PM

borg wrote:

I can only imagine how long this must have taken as there are so many small things going on and you can't bash your way through. If you don't mind I would lessen the vocal reverb a little, maybe 10%. Keep the length. Maybe a bigger room but just a tad less over all. Maybe a stereo widener on the vocals? But do not touch the vocal delay part, it is perfect. The mix itself is good. Lots of head room and you can hear everything. That is hard to do. Very hard actually. The guitar parts are good as usual. I would be proud of this.

|

11/18/2017 3:56 PM

I forgot to mention that I like it. As a Floyd fan that has every album, (on vinyl), I approve. Two thumbs up.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

11/18/2017 4:53 PM

Impressive! Great job again man. Youtube "Carry On Wayward Son, Band Geek" to check out another great cover. I'd do the link thingy but I'm too stupid to make it happen. It's worth watching. Two guys recorded the whole thing in 4 hours!

|

11/18/2017 5:45 PM

borg wrote:

Mr. G wrote:

I can only imagine how long this must have taken as there are so many small things going on and you can't bash your way through. If you don't mind I would lessen the vocal reverb a little, maybe 10%. Keep the length. Maybe a bigger room but just a tad less over all. Maybe a stereo widener on the vocals? But do not touch the vocal delay part, it is perfect. The mix itself is good. Lots of head room and you can hear everything. That is hard to do. Very hard actually. The guitar parts are good as usual. I would be proud of this.

I didn't use any delay on the vocals but I do tend to use too much reverb. Mostly because I think I need it. Overcompensation.
Good positive feedback G.
As to the small things going on, it's never ending. You are never done with a Floyd song.

|