Amazon shopping

borg
3/14/2018 9:50am
Just a pointer here from an Amazon regular: check prices! Used to be that Amazon was predictably low priced. Not so much now. Just one example, a toggle switch nut wrench which is available at Allparts for $8 is also available at Amazon for $17. Same wrench. Have seen many other examples lately.
|
early
Fantasy
2139th
3/14/2018 10:08am
Most name brand stuff is not much cheaper on Amazon, but finding specialty items easily is what I go there for most. Plus the simplicity of it (not having to create accounts at a million different online retailers) and the quick shipping. Also have to watch who the seller is as prices can vary drastically from one seller to another.
3/14/2018 10:08am
Yes, I agree. I don't mind a couple dollar difference for convenience, but you have to be an informed shopper for sure.
Also pay attention if it's prime or not. I bought something not prime by accident. It took damn near 3 weeks for delivery. I tried to cancel after 1 week and they didn't cancel it. I only buy with prime or you may be waiting for that overseas shipment to arrive.
TXDirt
3/14/2018 10:13am
Another thing is you need to look at what is being offered by Amazon and what is being offered by a third party through Amazon. This is my biggest gripe. I've had to return something and then get shipping fee deducted from the return.

That's bullshit to me.

And the third parties are getting clever. So they will give you free two day shipping which makes it seem like this is "from amazon" but it's not. So if by chance you need to return it back to Amazon (actually the third party seller) they will deduct the return shipping fee.
newmann
3/14/2018 10:51am
Amazon Prime with free shipping many times has the shipping fees in the price of the item. Have purchased a few non prime items with shipping for less than prime price. Gotta pay attention. All my returns have been pretty much hassle free. Several issues with items have been resolved with receiving a replacement item and never being asked to return the faulty or shorted item. Guess the cost of returning it wasn't worth it to the vendor???

The Shop

3/14/2018 1:09pm
I always try to purchase from amazon with prime. I read the reviews on third party. And the choppy Asian sounding reviews are great indicators.

“This product very good product. Quality very much so! Five star. You buy now.” ——red flag. Lol.
Donovan759
3/14/2018 1:34pm
I always try to purchase from amazon with prime. I read the reviews on third party. And the choppy Asian sounding reviews are great indicators. “This...
I always try to purchase from amazon with prime. I read the reviews on third party. And the choppy Asian sounding reviews are great indicators.

“This product very good product. Quality very much so! Five star. You buy now.” ——red flag. Lol.
lol
Tracktor
3/14/2018 2:12pm
I dislike Amazon's search system. Always brings up stuff that has no relation at all to search terms. For oddball stuff Ebay is a better option, imo......
imoto34
Fantasy
3151st
3/14/2018 7:08pm
Tracktor wrote:
I dislike Amazon's search system. Always brings up stuff that has no relation at all to search terms. For oddball stuff Ebay is a better option...
I dislike Amazon's search system. Always brings up stuff that has no relation at all to search terms. For oddball stuff Ebay is a better option, imo......
x2 You can find a better deal on eBay on many things.
Asimo
3/14/2018 9:04pm
I always try to purchase from amazon with prime. I read the reviews on third party. And the choppy Asian sounding reviews are great indicators. “This...

Donovan759 wrote:
lol
Much TY!
ocscottie
3/14/2018 10:27pm
Im addicted to online shopping (not really but kinda) i love A-Prime. Have had to do some huge cutbacks since losing my job, its been rough!!! Blink
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
3/15/2018 8:17am Edited Date/Time 3/15/2018 8:18am
Amazon prime has ups and fedex at my house 4 times a day.
Happy wife... broke life?
Seriously there are 6 boxes out there right now i guarantee it.
early
Fantasy
2139th
3/15/2018 8:25am Edited Date/Time 3/15/2018 8:26am
Tracktor wrote:
I dislike Amazon's search system. Always brings up stuff that has no relation at all to search terms. For oddball stuff Ebay is a better option...
imoto34 wrote:
x2 You can find a better deal on eBay on many things.
eBay prices might be better but having a good review network on Amazon allows you to make better informed choices on products, plus prime shipping pretty much guarantees a good purchasing experience not being worried about getting screwed on stuff.
borg
3/17/2018 9:53am
I just discovered something about Coinstar. I quit using them long ago because they take 12% off the top. But not if you choose a voucher from Amazon or others.
jeffro503
3/17/2018 10:53am
I'm a prime member , and man , I love it. With me being really close to one of their really big warehouses , it's usually a 24hr delivery from purchase. I ordered about 5 items Thursday morning before I left for work , got home last night and it was on my door step. I have had a few items though , that were drop shipped , but almost always come here way faster then what the estimated delivery date is. Bought an item last week that said it was going to be delivered in about 3 weeks. It took 3 days haha. Love the convenience , and it's worth the few extras dollars , especially for that super fast shipping.
3/19/2018 8:52am
ocscottie wrote:
Im addicted to online shopping (not really but kinda) i love A-Prime. Have had to do some huge cutbacks since losing my job, its been rough...
Im addicted to online shopping (not really but kinda) i love A-Prime. Have had to do some huge cutbacks since losing my job, its been rough!!! Blink
Shit buddy sorry to hear this! Hope you find a comparable soon!
3/19/2018 9:15am
Just think of how much trash we are going to generate with all these boxes and airbags/padding....sometimes I order a few small items and they come in their own separate boxes...as the amazon model grows the world is going to produce an exponential amount of trash for the landfills. I hope people recycle but I think there's only a small percentage of people who really recycle properly.

As for pricing, Walmart and Target are trying to compete so if the pricing doesn't look right on Amazon check Walmart and Target as well.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
3/19/2018 9:32am
Just think of how much trash we are going to generate with all these boxes and airbags/padding....sometimes I order a few small items and they come...
Just think of how much trash we are going to generate with all these boxes and airbags/padding....sometimes I order a few small items and they come in their own separate boxes...as the amazon model grows the world is going to produce an exponential amount of trash for the landfills. I hope people recycle but I think there's only a small percentage of people who really recycle properly.

As for pricing, Walmart and Target are trying to compete so if the pricing doesn't look right on Amazon check Walmart and Target as well.
I always feel bad so I wait til I need to order a bunch of stuff. One time they sent me deodorant in it's own box, some bike stuff in another and then some clothing all separate. I was like wtf, I'm trying to avoid that.
3/19/2018 10:12am
Just think of how much trash we are going to generate with all these boxes and airbags/padding....sometimes I order a few small items and they come...

seth505 wrote:
I always feel bad so I wait til I need to order a bunch of stuff. One time they sent me deodorant in it's own box...
I always feel bad so I wait til I need to order a bunch of stuff. One time they sent me deodorant in it's own box, some bike stuff in another and then some clothing all separate. I was like wtf, I'm trying to avoid that.
Yeah, same shit here. And when driving around you see Amazon boxes stacked up on everyone's porch...

Post a reply to: Amazon shopping

The Latest