Alex Jones court case

10/14/2022 3:14pm
Well sorry for accusing you of defending him. But it does come across that way. Maybe you should have said what you were thinking in your...
Well sorry for accusing you of defending him. But it does come across that way. Maybe you should have said what you were thinking in your first post just as you did above and there wouldn't have been any misunderstanding and getting heaped in with the usual tits that continually sprout disinformation straight from their daily brain washing podcasts that have them believing they are the smart one's for believing these crazy theories like long time stoners and will double down when proven wrong just so they don't look as stupid as they do to the greater population, but dig a bigger hole.
One of my downfalls is not being able to accurately put in words what my brain is thinking.
Same for me in conversation. When I have time to articulate myself, I hopefully get down what's going around.
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2410th
10/14/2022 6:53pm
Well sorry for accusing you of defending him. But it does come across that way. Maybe you should have said what you were thinking in your...
Well sorry for accusing you of defending him. But it does come across that way. Maybe you should have said what you were thinking in your first post just as you did above and there wouldn't have been any misunderstanding and getting heaped in with the usual tits that continually sprout disinformation straight from their daily brain washing podcasts that have them believing they are the smart one's for believing these crazy theories like long time stoners and will double down when proven wrong just so they don't look as stupid as they do to the greater population, but dig a bigger hole.
You used three periods and a comma dude.

I get you are passionate about it.

I disagree with the verdict, I am pretty sure it will be reduced.

I'm not defending him, I'm saying the verdict is outrageous and will not stand. . .

And....even if it does, folks won't see a penny.

just watch. . .
early
Fantasy
2212th
10/14/2022 7:02pm
You used three periods and a comma dude. I get you are passionate about it. I disagree with the verdict, I am pretty sure it will...

I'm not defending him, I'm saying the verdict is outrageous and will not stand. . .

just watch. . .
What do you think would be an appropriate penalty, if any?
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2410th
10/14/2022 7:04pm
TXDirt wrote:
You haven’t read the reason why? Or you don’t agree with the reason why? You think it’s okay to slander someone, harm their reputation, tell lies...
You haven’t read the reason why? Or you don’t agree with the reason why?

You think it’s okay to slander someone, harm their reputation, tell lies about them?

That’s okay to you?

If your answer is yes, it’s okay to libel someone, please seek help.

The lies and slander Alex Jones was peddling had people calling the parents accusing them of being paid actors.

Imagine if you had buried your child, and people are calling you, harassing you, based on lies peddled from some guy down your street.

Alex Jones told lies about the parents and the dead children. Those parents incurred injury and anguish based on his lies.

What part of it don’t you understand?

Hitler never killed a single Jew, but was responsible for the deaths of millions.

Alex Jones did not call a parent and harass them, but he is responsible for thousands of harassed calls, letters, and accusations against these parents.

One person who sent a letter to Mark and Jackie Barden, whose 7-year-old son Daniel was killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, claimed to have urinated on the child’s grave. In another letter, someone threatened to dig up Daniel’s grave to prove he didn’t exist, his parents testified in Jones’ trial on Tuesday.

Do you understand or is it still unclear for you?
Would it be OK if he went to jail and never paid anyone a dime or is it all about money?
borg wrote:
I think you mostly have an issue with civil law or maybe don't completely understand it's purpose and function. Defamation is an actionable complaint. Civil courts...
I think you mostly have an issue with civil law or maybe don't completely understand it's purpose and function. Defamation is an actionable complaint. Civil courts don't have the same punishment options that criminal courts have. It's almost always going to be money. So yes, it's all about the money when it comes to civil court.
AJ let this go to trial and put his fate in the hands of a jury. Which means that he is just as stupid as he is slimy.
Are you a lawyer Borg?

or did you look that shit up on the internet?

I say the latter. . . .

The Shop

Piston Slap
Fantasy
2410th
10/14/2022 7:13pm
You used three periods and a comma dude. I get you are passionate about it. I disagree with the verdict, I am pretty sure it will...

just watch. . .
early wrote:
What do you think would be an appropriate penalty, if any?
Well shit Early,

Here we are again. :-)

I'm not here to pass judgement on anyone. . . period.

I have been on civil juries before.

I have graduated Law School. (2004) Big whoop. . .

I do not disagree that the parents were subjected to unthinkable responses. . . horrible.

I do believe MSM is also complicit in their coverage and the sensationalizing of the case.

The media worm is ravenous. . . it eats without care.... it puts true/false information out there and it's up to the reader/user to discern....

We can all be over the top about the desecration of these poor children, I can agree it's horrible.

I'm not on the jury and I'm not passing judgement.

I'm saying the verdict will not stand. . .

Thats all.

Im not uncompassionate.
early
Fantasy
2212th
10/14/2022 7:21pm
Well shit Early, Here we are again. :-) I'm not here to pass judgement on anyone. . . period. I have been on civil juries before...
Well shit Early,

Here we are again. :-)

I'm not here to pass judgement on anyone. . . period.

I have been on civil juries before.

I have graduated Law School. (2004) Big whoop. . .

I do not disagree that the parents were subjected to unthinkable responses. . . horrible.

I do believe MSM is also complicit in their coverage and the sensationalizing of the case.

The media worm is ravenous. . . it eats without care.... it puts true/false information out there and it's up to the reader/user to discern....

We can all be over the top about the desecration of these poor children, I can agree it's horrible.

I'm not on the jury and I'm not passing judgement.

I'm saying the verdict will not stand. . .

Thats all.

Im not uncompassionate.
You mean the damages will not stand? Or the verdict will be over ruled eventually?
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2410th
10/14/2022 7:50pm
IMO, the amount of damages is outrageous. . . .

The verdict will not be over ruled.

IMO the will be a reduction in damages.

I will admit i was wrong if it doesn't happen, readily.

Again, I agree it was horrendous what happened to the parents and children.

I'm just saying juries are quick to spend money they have no idea where it's coming from.

I've seen it multiple times in person. . .

early
Fantasy
2212th
10/14/2022 7:57pm
I can see the damages being reduced, the legal wrangling around asset status will be a circus.
Joey_Bridges
10/15/2022 4:06am
Same thing happened around here a few years ago when that rancid church group was on their way to a funeral here.
Multiple groups of bikers were there to "greet them".
Their caravan was being monitored.
And an hour or two out, they turned tail and ran.
Joey_Bridges
10/15/2022 4:11am
I still see infowars bumper stickers occasionally on vehicles.
I just shrug and lump them into the same category as those sporting those, coexist, stickers.

Or anyone who plasters the back of their cars, Subaru and prius drivers mostly, with their ideological gibberish.
LoudLove
10/15/2022 7:43am
Tomac will not retain his SX title in ‘23.

BOOM! I went Moto in Non-Moto!

See you in court…

LL
borg
10/16/2022 8:12pm
Would it be OK if he went to jail and never paid anyone a dime or is it all about money?
borg wrote:
I think you mostly have an issue with civil law or maybe don't completely understand it's purpose and function. Defamation is an actionable complaint. Civil courts...
I think you mostly have an issue with civil law or maybe don't completely understand it's purpose and function. Defamation is an actionable complaint. Civil courts don't have the same punishment options that criminal courts have. It's almost always going to be money. So yes, it's all about the money when it comes to civil court.
AJ let this go to trial and put his fate in the hands of a jury. Which means that he is just as stupid as he is slimy.
Are you a lawyer Borg?

or did you look that shit up on the internet?

I say the latter. . . .

Maybe you could point out where I was wrong? Instead of the horseshit gaslighting.
TXDirt
10/16/2022 9:42pm
IMO, the amount of damages is outrageous. . . . The verdict will not be over ruled. IMO the will be a reduction in damages. I...
IMO, the amount of damages is outrageous. . . .

The verdict will not be over ruled.

IMO the will be a reduction in damages.

I will admit i was wrong if it doesn't happen, readily.

Again, I agree it was horrendous what happened to the parents and children.

I'm just saying juries are quick to spend money they have no idea where it's coming from.

I've seen it multiple times in person. . .

I’m not sure anyone would dispute that the damages will be lowered. That’s quite common and is likely to happen. Whatever it gets lowered to will still be a sizable judgement. Starting at 1 billion and lowering it 90% down to 100 million is still big. Lot different then a 10 million dollar judgement getting lowered by 90% down to 1 million dollars.

Post a reply to: Alex Jones court case

The Latest