Alex Jones court case

zehn
Posts
6277
Joined
1/15/2013
Location
Anchorage, AK US
10/13/2022 3:23pm
Threads like this makes me realize how ignorant the vast majority of Americans are about how the legal system actually works.

Witch hunt? Destroyed because of his politics? Judge biased against him? You guys are clowns.
8
9
lappedrider
Posts
691
Joined
8/26/2006
Location
Tooele, UT US
10/13/2022 3:23pm
Titan1 wrote:
I'm not equating or comparing it at all (its not even close to the same thing...and I'm meaning no disrespect to those families or parents, at...
I'm not equating or comparing it at all (its not even close to the same thing...and I'm meaning no disrespect to those families or parents, at all...this is obviously a bit of sarcasm, my apologies if you didn't pick that up)...
You literally started your post with “no joke”.
Titan1 wrote:
"no joke"...Its intentional exaggeration for effect...aka sarcasm. Was my sarcasm in poor taste? To soon? In appropriate? Maybe, maybe not...depends on how you look at it...I...
"no joke"...Its intentional exaggeration for effect...aka sarcasm.

Was my sarcasm in poor taste? To soon? In appropriate? Maybe, maybe not...depends on how you look at it...I wasn't so much poking fun at what Jones specifically lied about (If I was then that is in poor taste, to soon and inappropriate), as much as I was poking fun at the fact that lying now has a price, and that can be a very slippery slope in a lot of ways.

Anyway, I've explain my motive and intentions...so you can choose to get your feelings hurt, pass judgement whatever...or you can just let it go and move along.

It’s really good to read that you don’t support Alex Jones, and I believe you that your intent was sarcasm. Back to back with PhilG it did not read that way. I grew up Irish, I get sarcasm and dark humor, trust me.

One thing I want to point out though is Jones did not get penalized for lying. He got penalized for Defamation. It’s a huge difference. Everything he says is a lie, these were lies that crossed the line. An established line that we should all be happy is there. It is not new law.
6
3
308
Posts
2383
Joined
10/18/2010
Location
Des Moines, IA US
10/13/2022 3:47pm
I'm guilty of finding him entertaining on podcasts like JRE but I'm not sure how anyone could really take Jones seriously. I always believed it was his schtick to say wild stuff. It was fun when he got bits of info right but it was always far outweighed with crazier bullshit.

What Jones and a few of his craziest followers did to the parents of the Sandy Hook kids is pretty fucked.
The nearly Billion dollar punishment seems a little bizarre but.. fuck em'
He pushed a lie for years and it had real world consequences for the people he lied about.
5
2
swordfish
Posts
1386
Joined
9/2/2021
Location
CA
10/13/2022 4:31pm
You literally started your post with “no joke”.
Titan1 wrote:
"no joke"...Its intentional exaggeration for effect...aka sarcasm. Was my sarcasm in poor taste? To soon? In appropriate? Maybe, maybe not...depends on how you look at it...I...
"no joke"...Its intentional exaggeration for effect...aka sarcasm.

Was my sarcasm in poor taste? To soon? In appropriate? Maybe, maybe not...depends on how you look at it...I wasn't so much poking fun at what Jones specifically lied about (If I was then that is in poor taste, to soon and inappropriate), as much as I was poking fun at the fact that lying now has a price, and that can be a very slippery slope in a lot of ways.

Anyway, I've explain my motive and intentions...so you can choose to get your feelings hurt, pass judgement whatever...or you can just let it go and move along.

It’s really good to read that you don’t support Alex Jones, and I believe you that your intent was sarcasm. Back to back with PhilG it...
It’s really good to read that you don’t support Alex Jones, and I believe you that your intent was sarcasm. Back to back with PhilG it did not read that way. I grew up Irish, I get sarcasm and dark humor, trust me.

One thing I want to point out though is Jones did not get penalized for lying. He got penalized for Defamation. It’s a huge difference. Everything he says is a lie, these were lies that crossed the line. An established line that we should all be happy is there. It is not new law.
Everything Alex Jones said was a lie???
2
9

The Shop

lappedrider
Posts
691
Joined
8/26/2006
Location
Tooele, UT US
10/13/2022 4:42pm
Titan1 wrote:
"no joke"...Its intentional exaggeration for effect...aka sarcasm. Was my sarcasm in poor taste? To soon? In appropriate? Maybe, maybe not...depends on how you look at it...I...
"no joke"...Its intentional exaggeration for effect...aka sarcasm.

Was my sarcasm in poor taste? To soon? In appropriate? Maybe, maybe not...depends on how you look at it...I wasn't so much poking fun at what Jones specifically lied about (If I was then that is in poor taste, to soon and inappropriate), as much as I was poking fun at the fact that lying now has a price, and that can be a very slippery slope in a lot of ways.

Anyway, I've explain my motive and intentions...so you can choose to get your feelings hurt, pass judgement whatever...or you can just let it go and move along.

It’s really good to read that you don’t support Alex Jones, and I believe you that your intent was sarcasm. Back to back with PhilG it...
It’s really good to read that you don’t support Alex Jones, and I believe you that your intent was sarcasm. Back to back with PhilG it did not read that way. I grew up Irish, I get sarcasm and dark humor, trust me.

One thing I want to point out though is Jones did not get penalized for lying. He got penalized for Defamation. It’s a huge difference. Everything he says is a lie, these were lies that crossed the line. An established line that we should all be happy is there. It is not new law.
swordfish wrote:
Everything Alex Jones said was a lie???
Not going there with you. Would it be easier if I said he was in the business of telling lies for money?
4
2
TXDirt
Posts
6940
Joined
7/29/2015
Location
Plano, TX US
10/13/2022 4:44pm
Go read some of the earlier posts. This is not a 1a issue. He’s not being criminally prosecuted. Though a case could be made for criminal charges due to emotional and mental anguish due to his slanderous speech.

However, he was sued civilly for libel and slanderous speech that was injurious to the parents.

His speech absolutely injured them, harming their reputation, causing emotional and mental anguish.

Again, it’s not a 1a issue.

You are responsible for the things you say. The government isn’t stopping Alex Jones. So no 1a issue.

Fuck Alex Jones.
4
TXDirt
Posts
6940
Joined
7/29/2015
Location
Plano, TX US
10/13/2022 4:46pm
It’s really good to read that you don’t support Alex Jones, and I believe you that your intent was sarcasm. Back to back with PhilG it...
It’s really good to read that you don’t support Alex Jones, and I believe you that your intent was sarcasm. Back to back with PhilG it did not read that way. I grew up Irish, I get sarcasm and dark humor, trust me.

One thing I want to point out though is Jones did not get penalized for lying. He got penalized for Defamation. It’s a huge difference. Everything he says is a lie, these were lies that crossed the line. An established line that we should all be happy is there. It is not new law.
swordfish wrote:
Everything Alex Jones said was a lie???
Not going there with you. Would it be easier if I said he was in the business of telling lies for money?
He can tell lies for money. There is nothing against the law. He can claim the sky is red. Make money off that claim.

What he can’t do is tell lies and slander a person, harming their reputation and causing them emotional and mental anguish.

That he’s not allowed to do.

He did exactly that and deserves to be sued into oblivion.
4
swordfish
Posts
1386
Joined
9/2/2021
Location
CA
10/13/2022 4:46pm
It’s really good to read that you don’t support Alex Jones, and I believe you that your intent was sarcasm. Back to back with PhilG it...
It’s really good to read that you don’t support Alex Jones, and I believe you that your intent was sarcasm. Back to back with PhilG it did not read that way. I grew up Irish, I get sarcasm and dark humor, trust me.

One thing I want to point out though is Jones did not get penalized for lying. He got penalized for Defamation. It’s a huge difference. Everything he says is a lie, these were lies that crossed the line. An established line that we should all be happy is there. It is not new law.
swordfish wrote:
Everything Alex Jones said was a lie???
Not going there with you. Would it be easier if I said he was in the business of telling lies for money?
Yeah, it would be easier for you.
3
11
swordfish
Posts
1386
Joined
9/2/2021
Location
CA
10/13/2022 4:47pm
swordfish wrote:
Everything Alex Jones said was a lie???
Not going there with you. Would it be easier if I said he was in the business of telling lies for money?
TXDirt wrote:
He can tell lies for money. There is nothing against the law. He can claim the sky is red. Make money off that claim. What he...
He can tell lies for money. There is nothing against the law. He can claim the sky is red. Make money off that claim.

What he can’t do is tell lies and slander a person, harming their reputation and causing them emotional and mental anguish.

That he’s not allowed to do.

He did exactly that and deserves to be sued into oblivion.
Yeah that’s been established already.
1
8
Jeremy A.K.
Posts
433
Joined
1/5/2022
Location
North Tonawanda, NY US
10/13/2022 4:48pm
I don't agree with what he said but making him pay nearly a billion dollars for talking?
3
3
swordfish
Posts
1386
Joined
9/2/2021
Location
CA
10/13/2022 4:52pm
I don't agree with what he said but making him pay nearly a billion dollars for talking?
Set a precedent. Let’s face it, he didn’t exactly make a lot of friends out there. He’s lucky he didn’t get Epsteined.
1
4
lappedrider
Posts
691
Joined
8/26/2006
Location
Tooele, UT US
10/13/2022 5:00pm
swordfish wrote:
Everything Alex Jones said was a lie???
Not going there with you. Would it be easier if I said he was in the business of telling lies for money?
TXDirt wrote:
He can tell lies for money. There is nothing against the law. He can claim the sky is red. Make money off that claim. What he...
He can tell lies for money. There is nothing against the law. He can claim the sky is red. Make money off that claim.

What he can’t do is tell lies and slander a person, harming their reputation and causing them emotional and mental anguish.

That he’s not allowed to do.

He did exactly that and deserves to be sued into oblivion.
Agree 100%
TXDirt
Posts
6940
Joined
7/29/2015
Location
Plano, TX US
10/13/2022 5:04pm
I don't agree with what he said but making him pay nearly a billion dollars for talking?
In this instance I think a billion dollars is fair. He’s caused the families extreme pain.

He should consider himself lucky he’s still alive. If a Sandyhook parent decided enough was enough and took him out, I’m not convicting them.
4
7
Jeremy A.K.
Posts
433
Joined
1/5/2022
Location
North Tonawanda, NY US
10/13/2022 6:02pm
TXDirt wrote:
In this instance I think a billion dollars is fair. He’s caused the families extreme pain. He should consider himself lucky he’s still alive. If a...
In this instance I think a billion dollars is fair. He’s caused the families extreme pain.

He should consider himself lucky he’s still alive. If a Sandyhook parent decided enough was enough and took him out, I’m not convicting them.
Ok, for the sake of conversation . What specifically will the money go towards to make the families stop hurting over what he said ? They're already living with what I can only guess is the most extreme sadness humanely possible. I'm having a hard time understanding how money will change how they feel about what he said.
1
6
swordfish
Posts
1386
Joined
9/2/2021
Location
CA
10/13/2022 6:10pm Edited Date/Time 10/13/2022 6:16pm
TXDirt wrote:
In this instance I think a billion dollars is fair. He’s caused the families extreme pain. He should consider himself lucky he’s still alive. If a...
In this instance I think a billion dollars is fair. He’s caused the families extreme pain.

He should consider himself lucky he’s still alive. If a Sandyhook parent decided enough was enough and took him out, I’m not convicting them.
Ok, for the sake of conversation . What specifically will the money go towards to make the families stop hurting over what he said ? They're...
Ok, for the sake of conversation . What specifically will the money go towards to make the families stop hurting over what he said ? They're already living with what I can only guess is the most extreme sadness humanely possible. I'm having a hard time understanding how money will change how they feel about what he said.
Won’t change a thing. Families will just be a little richer.
Maybe they can make a change in the world with the money.

Can you imagine what Big Pharma should be expected to pay for all the deaths, suffering, pain and gaslighting the last couple of years?
4
4
swordfish
Posts
1386
Joined
9/2/2021
Location
CA
10/13/2022 6:17pm Edited Date/Time 10/13/2022 6:17pm
Wonder what the lawyers cut was? Were they working for free?
2
4
TXDirt
Posts
6940
Joined
7/29/2015
Location
Plano, TX US
10/13/2022 6:28pm
TXDirt wrote:
In this instance I think a billion dollars is fair. He’s caused the families extreme pain. He should consider himself lucky he’s still alive. If a...
In this instance I think a billion dollars is fair. He’s caused the families extreme pain.

He should consider himself lucky he’s still alive. If a Sandyhook parent decided enough was enough and took him out, I’m not convicting them.
Ok, for the sake of conversation . What specifically will the money go towards to make the families stop hurting over what he said ? They're...
Ok, for the sake of conversation . What specifically will the money go towards to make the families stop hurting over what he said ? They're already living with what I can only guess is the most extreme sadness humanely possible. I'm having a hard time understanding how money will change how they feel about what he said.
It’s a penalty for an action. What does it matter if it makes the victims feel better or not?

Justice is to be served. Be it criminal justice or civil justice. A penalty is to be paid. Monetarily in this case. Loss of freedom in others. Up to am including loss of your own life in certain criminal acts.

I don’t care how this makes the families feel and I don’t care what they spend the money on.

That does not factor in to anything.

He has a price to pay for his actions.

Time to pay the piper.
4
swordfish
Posts
1386
Joined
9/2/2021
Location
CA
10/13/2022 6:42pm
TXDirt wrote:
In this instance I think a billion dollars is fair. He’s caused the families extreme pain. He should consider himself lucky he’s still alive. If a...
In this instance I think a billion dollars is fair. He’s caused the families extreme pain.

He should consider himself lucky he’s still alive. If a Sandyhook parent decided enough was enough and took him out, I’m not convicting them.
Ok, for the sake of conversation . What specifically will the money go towards to make the families stop hurting over what he said ? They're...
Ok, for the sake of conversation . What specifically will the money go towards to make the families stop hurting over what he said ? They're already living with what I can only guess is the most extreme sadness humanely possible. I'm having a hard time understanding how money will change how they feel about what he said.
TXDirt wrote:
It’s a penalty for an action. What does it matter if it makes the victims feel better or not? Justice is to be served. Be it...
It’s a penalty for an action. What does it matter if it makes the victims feel better or not?

Justice is to be served. Be it criminal justice or civil justice. A penalty is to be paid. Monetarily in this case. Loss of freedom in others. Up to am including loss of your own life in certain criminal acts.

I don’t care how this makes the families feel and I don’t care what they spend the money on.

That does not factor in to anything.

He has a price to pay for his actions.

Time to pay the piper.
Can’t really argue with that.
1
1
lappedrider
Posts
691
Joined
8/26/2006
Location
Tooele, UT US
10/13/2022 7:13pm
TXDirt wrote:
In this instance I think a billion dollars is fair. He’s caused the families extreme pain. He should consider himself lucky he’s still alive. If a...
In this instance I think a billion dollars is fair. He’s caused the families extreme pain.

He should consider himself lucky he’s still alive. If a Sandyhook parent decided enough was enough and took him out, I’m not convicting them.
Ok, for the sake of conversation . What specifically will the money go towards to make the families stop hurting over what he said ? They're...
Ok, for the sake of conversation . What specifically will the money go towards to make the families stop hurting over what he said ? They're already living with what I can only guess is the most extreme sadness humanely possible. I'm having a hard time understanding how money will change how they feel about what he said.
swordfish wrote:
Won’t change a thing. Families will just be a little richer. Maybe they can make a change in the world with the money. Can you imagine...
Won’t change a thing. Families will just be a little richer.
Maybe they can make a change in the world with the money.

Can you imagine what Big Pharma should be expected to pay for all the deaths, suffering, pain and gaslighting the last couple of years?
Great point! And they don’t pay enough. The Sacklers were allowed to settle for 6 Billion, which although is a lot, is nothing compared to their net worth. Also nothing compared to the damage they did helping start the opioid crisis.
5

Pit Row

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
SEEMEFIRST
Posts
8955
Joined
8/21/2006
Location
Arlington, TX US
10/13/2022 8:23pm Edited Date/Time 10/13/2022 8:25pm
I've never spent a moment to listen to Jones.
My question is $99,000,000?

His company is already in bankruptcy.
Where does this money come from?
2
10/14/2022 3:46am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
I've never spent a moment to listen to Jones.
My question is $99,000,000?

His company is already in bankruptcy.
Where does this money come from?
Same place he got it his other money. From gullible brainless fools like those arguing for his defence in here that can't make the difference between free speech and slander. And these tits are breeding and voting. No fucking wonder the USA is going down the toilet
5
10
Jeremy A.K.
Posts
433
Joined
1/5/2022
Location
North Tonawanda, NY US
10/14/2022 4:05am
He raises a good point. OJ actually killed 2 people and paid 33 million ,this guy talked about something he wasn't even apart of and pays a billion. I'm coming to the conclusion that anybody who agrees with this verdict is apart of what's wrong with this country today. I haven't heard any good reason why he should have to pay other then, fuck him ,he's a slimy piece of shit etc.
7
7
Elliot
Posts
783
Joined
5/8/2021
Location
GB
10/14/2022 4:07am
I don't agree with what he said but making him pay nearly a billion dollars for talking?
Say crazy shit and crazy shit happens.
10/14/2022 4:11am Edited Date/Time 10/14/2022 4:12am
He raises a good point. OJ actually killed 2 people and paid 33 million ,this guy talked about something he wasn't even apart of and pays...
He raises a good point. OJ actually killed 2 people and paid 33 million ,this guy talked about something he wasn't even apart of and pays a billion. I'm coming to the conclusion that anybody who agrees with this verdict is apart of what's wrong with this country today. I haven't heard any good reason why he should have to pay other then, fuck him ,he's a slimy piece of shit etc.
Well I can only say that you're a moron and your most likely suffering from fetal alcohol syndrome
3
9
Jeremy A.K.
Posts
433
Joined
1/5/2022
Location
North Tonawanda, NY US
10/14/2022 4:25am
He raises a good point. OJ actually killed 2 people and paid 33 million ,this guy talked about something he wasn't even apart of and pays...
He raises a good point. OJ actually killed 2 people and paid 33 million ,this guy talked about something he wasn't even apart of and pays a billion. I'm coming to the conclusion that anybody who agrees with this verdict is apart of what's wrong with this country today. I haven't heard any good reason why he should have to pay other then, fuck him ,he's a slimy piece of shit etc.
Well I can only say that you're a moron and your most likely suffering from fetal alcohol syndrome
Stay classy
6
2
swordfish
Posts
1386
Joined
9/2/2021
Location
CA
10/14/2022 4:40am Edited Date/Time 10/14/2022 4:53am
He raises a good point. OJ actually killed 2 people and paid 33 million ,this guy talked about something he wasn't even apart of and pays...
He raises a good point. OJ actually killed 2 people and paid 33 million ,this guy talked about something he wasn't even apart of and pays a billion. I'm coming to the conclusion that anybody who agrees with this verdict is apart of what's wrong with this country today. I haven't heard any good reason why he should have to pay other then, fuck him ,he's a slimy piece of shit etc.
Well I can only say that you're a moron and your most likely suffering from fetal alcohol syndrome
You should follow the rules of the forum. They are posted at the top of Non Moto. Just because you have an opinion doesn’t mean you can go around doing the same thing you are condemning Alex Jones of. You are sitting here slandering people because you don’t like what they have to say. Pretty ironic in what you posted previously about the country going down the toilet. You are part of that problem it seems.
Pretty sure you have a fair share of tits breeding in your own country I’d be more concerned with than the US.
7
3
swordfish
Posts
1386
Joined
9/2/2021
Location
CA
10/14/2022 4:45am
Ok, for the sake of conversation . What specifically will the money go towards to make the families stop hurting over what he said ? They're...
Ok, for the sake of conversation . What specifically will the money go towards to make the families stop hurting over what he said ? They're already living with what I can only guess is the most extreme sadness humanely possible. I'm having a hard time understanding how money will change how they feel about what he said.
swordfish wrote:
Won’t change a thing. Families will just be a little richer. Maybe they can make a change in the world with the money. Can you imagine...
Won’t change a thing. Families will just be a little richer.
Maybe they can make a change in the world with the money.

Can you imagine what Big Pharma should be expected to pay for all the deaths, suffering, pain and gaslighting the last couple of years?
Great point! And they don’t pay enough. The Sacklers were allowed to settle for 6 Billion, which although is a lot, is nothing compared to their...
Great point! And they don’t pay enough. The Sacklers were allowed to settle for 6 Billion, which although is a lot, is nothing compared to their net worth. Also nothing compared to the damage they did helping start the opioid crisis.
What’s crazy is how little Vioxx paid for killing 40k people and the fact that they knew the drug had major issues yet no one went to jail. Difference with Alex Jones was that he was the enemy of many and big pharma own the government and has many friends.
2
1
10/14/2022 5:39am
He raises a good point. OJ actually killed 2 people and paid 33 million ,this guy talked about something he wasn't even apart of and pays...
He raises a good point. OJ actually killed 2 people and paid 33 million ,this guy talked about something he wasn't even apart of and pays a billion. I'm coming to the conclusion that anybody who agrees with this verdict is apart of what's wrong with this country today. I haven't heard any good reason why he should have to pay other then, fuck him ,he's a slimy piece of shit etc.
Jake_CR250R
Posts
286
Joined
1/30/2012
Location
Ozark, MO US
10/14/2022 5:43am
swordfish wrote:
What’s crazy is how little Vioxx paid for killing 40k people and the fact that they knew the drug had major issues yet no one went...
What’s crazy is how little Vioxx paid for killing 40k people and the fact that they knew the drug had major issues yet no one went to jail. Difference with Alex Jones was that he was the enemy of many and big pharma own the government and has many friends.
This is my issue. I’ve listened to Jones on Rogan and enjoyed it from an entertainment perspective, but I have no problem with him being fined to some extent for this case. However, I have a hard time understanding a $964mm fine when big pharma companies have received similar fines for products that have resulted in actual harm to thousands of US citizens.
4
jridout12
Posts
243
Joined
4/23/2018
Location
IA US
10/14/2022 5:48am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
I've never spent a moment to listen to Jones.
My question is $99,000,000?

His company is already in bankruptcy.
Where does this money come from?
Same place he got it his other money. From gullible brainless fools like those arguing for his defence in here that can't make the difference between...
Same place he got it his other money. From gullible brainless fools like those arguing for his defence in here that can't make the difference between free speech and slander. And these tits are breeding and voting. No fucking wonder the USA is going down the toilet
USA going down the toilet….. ha! That’s pretty rich from coming from someone who’s country was locking people in camps for having a virus with a 99% survival rate
3

Post a reply to: Alex Jones court case

The Latest

The Latest