Air-Bus = Scare-Bus

TeamGreen
2/3/2012 8:08pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2012 10:55am
Sitting at the gate while they repair this POS A-320.

Get this, the O-Masks in Row 22 dropped outta the ceiling & they're trying to
"Repair" them.

AirBus makes shit.
|
Torco1
2/3/2012 8:33pm
There's nothing better than having your flight delayed because they have to work on the plane.......and you get to be one of the first people to test out their repairs.
J.F.S
2/4/2012 12:27am
TeamGreen wrote:
Sitting at the gate while they repair this POS A-320. Get this, the O-Masks in Row 22 dropped outta the ceiling & they're trying to "Repair"...
Sitting at the gate while they repair this POS A-320.

Get this, the O-Masks in Row 22 dropped outta the ceiling & they're trying to
"Repair" them.

AirBus makes shit.
Good luck on the flight Chuck Yeager
zjbell
2/4/2012 8:12pm
The A320 is a damn fine airplane.
TeamGreen
2/5/2012 11:43am
zjbell wrote:
The A320 is a damn fine airplane.
Compared to it's US competition? Really?

When the shit hits the fan give me a 737...make it a -8 or -9.

I'm jus' knowing'...

The Shop

zjbell
2/5/2012 1:49pm
Absolutely.

How do you 'know'?
TeamGreen
2/5/2012 2:27pm
zjbell wrote:
Absolutely.

How do you 'know'?
Aero-Structures geek '84-'95, Structural Ass'y analysis, Composites Process Control (For Aero-structures)...yada, yada, yada...

Since '95 it's been all about Compsites...for any-everyone that PAYS ON TIME!

Yes, I'm a total Materials & Applications Dork...

I can't help it.
zjbell
2/5/2012 2:36pm
Why would you rather be in a 737 if 'things went down'?

Jus' curious.
TeamGreen
2/5/2012 4:31pm
zjbell wrote:
Why would you rather be in a 737 if 'things went down'?

Jus' curious.
"When the shit hits the fan"...actually.

A 737 that's been maintained (or NOT maintained) by morons still seems to make back on the ground under circumstances that other a/c don't survive.

Aloha 243 ring a bell?

Then there's the fact that A-B has a checkered past w/ their maiden-flights.

And then there's the latest HUGE P.O.S.: the A380.
zjbell
2/5/2012 4:53pm
Well, the top has never blown off an Airbus so it might be hard to call that one settled. How do you know it wouldn't do the same thing?

Maiden flights? Are you talking about the AF A320 the crew wrecked?

How is the A380 a POS?
TeamGreen
2/5/2012 5:17pm
Pretty sure it was a 330 outta Toulouse...early 90s.
TeamGreen
2/5/2012 5:21pm
As to the statistics...& the birds that've "survived" insane circumstances?

Compare the number of Hull Losses v. Flight Hours between the 2 brands.

I'm jus' sayin'...
TeamGreen
2/5/2012 5:25pm
The 380 had how many "in-service" hours before it was grounded?

How many "write-ups" did it get in it's FAA pre-cert/cert quals?
zjbell
2/5/2012 5:50pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Vmc'ed the airplane doing alpha-floor testing (get google warmed up). Crew found at fault.

I have no idea how many "write up's" it had during certification. That's a poor barometer of the long term quality of an airplane.

How come Airbus has outsold and out delivered Boeing over the last 10 years? What about the 787 boondoggle?
TeamGreen
2/5/2012 6:29pm
TeamGreen wrote:
zjbell wrote:
Vmc'ed the airplane doing alpha-floor testing (get google warmed up). Crew found at fault. I have no idea how many "write up's" it had during certification...
Vmc'ed the airplane doing alpha-floor testing (get google warmed up). Crew found at fault.

I have no idea how many "write up's" it had during certification. That's a poor barometer of the long term quality of an airplane.

How come Airbus has outsold and out delivered Boeing over the last 10 years? What about the 787 boondoggle?
Yes, they pushed it in; but, why? Why didn't the Plane "allow" them to pull it out?

My "Barometer" for the 380 is it's continued failure during its production development cycles, it's power-plant failures In-FLIGHT & the simple fact that it's too much a/c for the industry & the current infra-structure.

Out-Sold? Really? You're taking to me like I'm an uninformed clown...& that's fine; but, between the 2 of us...I'm quite confident in my knowledge of the politics, regional-stupidity, lack of discipline/enforcement in the Global Aviation industry/market to FULLY understand WHY a Multi-National Eurobrand that's both "cheaper" and more politically viable for some of the scarier nations/regions/markets...to explain HOW the Bus out-sells Boeing...especially in South-East Asia, Africa, the 3rd World and other places where I WON'T fly the "Local" Airlines...and then there's China...India, etc.

787? Now you're talkIng about something I know a lil' bit about: let you in on a secret...

Putting together the 1st "truly" composite airliner has been very complicated and has suffered MANY delays; however, for me...it defines the difference between Bus & Boeing:

1 Company "pushes" the plane thru.

1 Company takes the time to fix things and change the Paradigm.
jtomasik
2/5/2012 6:47pm
Torco1 wrote:
There's nothing better than having your flight delayed because they have to work on the plane.......and you get to be one of the first people to...
There's nothing better than having your flight delayed because they have to work on the plane.......and you get to be one of the first people to test out their repairs.
Well, maybe you need to be a glass-half-full kinda guy. I'd rather they were fixing things on the ground than letting them break in the air.
zjbell
2/5/2012 9:07pm
TeamGreen wrote:
zjbell wrote:
Vmc'ed the airplane doing alpha-floor testing (get google warmed up). Crew found at fault. I have no idea how many "write up's" it had during certification...

TeamGreen wrote:
Yes, they pushed it in; but, why? Why didn't the Plane "allow" them to pull it out? My "Barometer" for the 380 is it's continued failure...
Yes, they pushed it in; but, why? Why didn't the Plane "allow" them to pull it out?

My "Barometer" for the 380 is it's continued failure during its production development cycles, it's power-plant failures In-FLIGHT & the simple fact that it's too much a/c for the industry & the current infra-structure.

Out-Sold? Really? You're taking to me like I'm an uninformed clown...& that's fine; but, between the 2 of us...I'm quite confident in my knowledge of the politics, regional-stupidity, lack of discipline/enforcement in the Global Aviation industry/market to FULLY understand WHY a Multi-National Eurobrand that's both "cheaper" and more politically viable for some of the scarier nations/regions/markets...to explain HOW the Bus out-sells Boeing...especially in South-East Asia, Africa, the 3rd World and other places where I WON'T fly the "Local" Airlines...and then there's China...India, etc.

787? Now you're talkIng about something I know a lil' bit about: let you in on a secret...

Putting together the 1st "truly" composite airliner has been very complicated and has suffered MANY delays; however, for me...it defines the difference between Bus & Boeing:

Power plant failures? You mean the Rolls engines? The engines that Airbus doesn't manufacture?

On a quad jet?

Honestly, an IFSD is not a giant deal in these airplanes. Just like any new design, there are problems that can only be replicated by every day line flying. (737's rudder PCU mystery?)

Airbus has snatched up loads of market share in the last 10 years, because they make a reliable, safe, comfortable, airplane.

Boeing is and should be concerned.
SEEMEFIRST
2/5/2012 11:11pm
zjbell wrote:
Power plant failures? You mean the Rolls engines? The engines that Airbus doesn't manufacture? On a quad jet? Honestly, an IFSD is not a giant deal...
Power plant failures? You mean the Rolls engines? The engines that Airbus doesn't manufacture?

On a quad jet?

Honestly, an IFSD is not a giant deal in these airplanes. Just like any new design, there are problems that can only be replicated by every day line flying. (737's rudder PCU mystery?)

Airbus has snatched up loads of market share in the last 10 years, because they make a reliable, safe, comfortable, airplane.

Rudder PCU? Is that where the rudder comes off in jet wash? Or was that a 737 that did that?
Barrett57
2/6/2012 2:45am
I was delayed for 10 hours in Turin airport yesterday while they fixed the fucking plane.

You cant rush the Italians.
reded
2/6/2012 6:00am
Barrett57 wrote:
I was delayed for 10 hours in Turin airport yesterday while they fixed the fucking plane.

You cant rush the Italians.
A 10 hour delay to get things RIGHT would not bother me in the least if I'm strapping myself into an aluminum tube full of jet fuel with an unknown (to me) human at the controls.

At least you lived to tell about it.
TeamGreen
2/6/2012 11:57am
zjbell wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
Yes, they pushed it in; but, why? Why didn't the Plane "allow" them to pull it out? My "Barometer" for the 380 is it's continued failure...

zjbell wrote:
Power plant failures? You mean the Rolls engines? The engines that Airbus doesn't manufacture? On a quad jet? Honestly, an IFSD is not a giant deal...

On a quad jet?

People often neglect to recognize the a/c manufacturers roll in engine design, reqmts, ETOPS bragging rights...& most importantly..."Packaging" & INSTALLATION...including Shrouding, etc.

Then theres the lack of an answer on the "alpha" issue from your perspective...I know that you must recall the "conversations" amongst the flyers back when that happened?

Again, there's only ONE innovator here & one "knock-off" artist.

I'm jus' sayin'...
zjbell
2/6/2012 2:14pm
Packaging and installation? People dont often understand how little manufactures are involved.

ETOPS bragging rights for the A380? Extended TWIN Engine Operations.

The crew of that A330 were testing full aft CG, they vmc'ed the airplane.

Airbus is the innovator, without question. What they've done over the last 20 years has changed commercial aviation, Boeing is scrambling to catch up.
TeamGreen
2/7/2012 10:55am
zjbell wrote:
Packaging and installation? People dont often understand how little manufactures are involved. ETOPS bragging rights for the A380? Extended TWIN Engine Operations. The crew of that...
Packaging and installation? People dont often understand how little manufactures are involved.

ETOPS bragging rights for the A380? Extended TWIN Engine Operations.

The crew of that A330 were testing full aft CG, they vmc'ed the airplane.

Airbus is the innovator, without question. What they've done over the last 20 years has changed commercial aviation, Boeing is scrambling to catch up.
Who has a Carbon-Fiber a/c out there flyin' routes and who doesn't?

Who made a knock-off of the original 747 design and who actually made the Huge a/c...IN THE '60s?

Who's had Waaaaaay too many of their a/c "Go in" in too few flt hours?

You really have this thing WAY backwards...coming from a guy who's been to & worked in Whales, Toulouse, Everett & tested things at Ames.

So, the "Customer" ain't involved in the Engine Design, Performance, Service and Install aspects of those Engines?

BTW, what's the best ETOPS rating of a 250+ passenger a/c?

Post a reply to: Air-Bus = Scare-Bus

The Latest